Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Florida and the rest of the story

Guy and Gals,

This means a complete shutdown of Fox Pens in the state Florida until at least the June FWC Meeting. At that time they will listen to the results of the stakeholders meeting. They can either bring it to a vote then or delay the final vote until the Sept. meeting.

Things did not go our way today, but I am convinced that if everyone had not turned out the way y'all did, it very well may have come to permanent ban today. I would like to thank everyone that attended the meeting, signed and sent us a letter, or both. We were able to turn in over 2000 letters this morning. We are going to continue to fight this and will let you know of plans as soon as we can.

Trip Lancaster
NRA North FL Field Rep

If you live in Florida start going to another state to buy all you dog needs!! STOP buying anything in Florida and at the end of every month send your recipts to your local taxing agent they will see how much they are losing. Go to where you buy your feed and tell the owner why you are going somewhere else to get your supplies! This is the ONLY thing they will understand!! HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS : POCKETBOOK !!!!

You can take a known predator, a predator so despised by game management that most states allow 24 hour hunting, a predator that kills house pets , drags kids off playgrounds - You can take this predator out of the public environment and put it in 1000 acres and chase it with dogs , feed it, try to save it so you can chase it again later - and this is NOT a good thing ???

"Amazing"
It's not fair for us to attack other forms of hunting! Lets don't lower our standards like the anti"s have.

The thing is we care more about the fox and coyotes that they do! I guarantee you noone at that meeting yesterday wanting the pens closed has ever doctored, fed, or handled a coyote. All the pen owners and hunters I know care as much for the games health as their dogs. They say we let the dogs catch them, think about if one gets caught how many hunters you see RUNNNING to get the dogs away and get the coyote fed and doctored!!

everyone needs to take the time to email the florida commisioners. Its pretty simple to do here is the link. Might wanna post it up top and get every fox hunter in every state to start emailing.

http://myfwc.com/contact/Contact_Employee.asp

Thank you Radar I live to Hunt my dog's (out Side)!! I run in a pen some great to get pup's started.I support you right to hunt any way you all wish. I don't see eye to eye with most deer hunter's (Still hunter's) you can't run them with hound's here. But support ther right to do it 90percent cuss you if your dog's cross ther lease ground call the Law threaten to shut your hound's. But don't realize that when ther done with us they will start on them.And most of them are not from here HUNTERS ALL NEED TO STAY TOGEATHER!! Attacking us Or implying our way is not right will not get any point's THANKS

quit hunting and start FISHING!

dont worry rickey they will make there way to that sooner or later

To Debbie and Trip,
What about contacting the Bass Pro Shops and Cablea's. We need to get the head people that run these stores on our side. If hunting goes down so will they. they have the money and should have some pull.
Just an idea.

A pen owner or large kennel owner needs to file a law suit against the FWC . Any judge will grant an injunction until rules are drawn up.You have to get psycho with the pscyhos to get something done !!!

It is an executive order not a legislative action. The difference being that an executive order stays in force until a judge over turns it. A Legislative action could be temporary halted by a judicial injunction. There is no legal remedy to delay the executive order by FWC going into place that I am aware of.

Trip...I would believe that an Executive order can also be challenged in a court of law too!
And that is exactly what the penowners need to do!
Fight em hard.....and let the FWC know it's all about the MONEY. To that they will pay attention. They're just like any other politician!
Especially the head of FWC being from Miami....they hardly have any trees in Miami....much less hunting!!

ALLAN BISHOP
(JABBER JAW)

UNFORTUNATELY ALLAN IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.
ITS NOT ABOUT THE HONEST MAN WHO GOES TO WORK AND WANTS TO RUN HIS DOGS.
ITS ABOUT A MONEY LOADED GROUP TELLING THAT HONEST WORKING MAN WHAT HE CAN AND CANT DO.
WATCH THE VIDEO ABOUT HSUS EXPOSED.
LOUISIANA WORKED A YEAR AND A HALF ON PROSECUTING HSUS.
A YEAR AND A HALF WITH TAXPAYERS MONEY.
THEN STOPPED AFTER HSUS BOUGHT THEM OFF.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.
AND THERES LOADS OF MONEY IN FLORIDA.
ESPECIALLY MIAMI.

Allan, It can be most definitely challenged, but the problem is the order stays in place until the final outcome of the Judges hearing. The judge can not stop or "stay" the action by the FWC. It is my understanding, and I am not a lawyer, that a hearing and final ruling about this by a Judge would most likely not take place before the commission meets again in June or possibly even September. That is no help to those of you that still have feed to buy, vet bills to pay, leases to pay, much less dogs that are getting fat and out of shape.

In Alabama the equivalent of the FWC is an extention of the governor's office. Basically it is the governor's responsibility to oversee wildlife management and the commission is empowered by him to do what they do. Since it is an executive order that means it is upheld by the power of the governor. Perhaps someone should try to talk to the governor or maybe skip the one in office and start talking to the candidates who may occupy the office after the upcoming election.

Heath Howell
In Alabama the equivalent of the FWC is an extention of the governor's office. Basically it is the governor's responsibility to oversee wildlife management and the commission is empowered by him to do what they do. Since it is an executive order that means it is upheld by the power of the governor. Perhaps someone should try to talk to the governor or maybe skip the one in office and start talking to the candidates who may occupy the office after the upcoming election.

It is the same case in Florida. We had to deal with this on the deer dog hunting issue previously. Calling, emailing, and sending letters to the governor's office is what got their attention the most. I'm pretty sure that will be part of our next efforts to get this overturned.

Has Mr Stonecipher and his organization been contacted about the particular florida situation and the enclosures in general ?

His people should have the legal answer to what's the next appropriate step.