​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
best stud around!

East coast dylan is the best stud dog alive right now! they will work north to south and east too west!Inside the wire or out. If you go to a hunt and some are there you will hear his name called out. I believe he is the best stud dog to come along since dash rip rock!Like Rick Flair use to say " weather you like it or not, its simply the best thing happing today"! I say woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
hill city

Re: best stud around!

Where is Dylan now?

i believe Cliff has him back at his house// just a few minutes from Kinston,NC

a nice hound for shure the best since dash rip rock you boys must of been shinnin last night there are alot of fine producing hounds out there and that said i meen breeding on too. But you forget its more gyp than dog anyways .

Tell us big guy who has been better considering outside hunts and pen. Hunters from all over winning and placing his pups who is the best stud
since dash?
Dusty

i think he is in tennesse with gordon sexton

i agree with andrea on this alot of good hounds including dylan guys dont start getting crazy now its your opinion i respect that if you want me to start a mile long list i can tell then i have to take nikeli volkoff to the chiropractor.

being from e.c. n.c. and hunting on the outside and
in the pens i will say in the dog lot i have a nice
dylan male the bottom side is highcry lawman and ron's
diceman dog !! i think the clown helps alot on his
"dylan's" bottom side for what i want to do..

The Hill's did well with them at the Futurity/National on the outside this past year. Dylan sired more top 20 s&d hounds at the masters at creedmore than any other sire. He is definatly a producer. He will work for hounds inside or outside the wire.

I would like to now how many pups are off of Dylan and how many field trail hunters have them.

travis like we discussed the fox hound registery what would be neet like the coonhound registery they can tell you how many pups are out of a particular stud and how many have made champions, etc that would be some good info and i repeat this is not directed towards dylan or anyother hound at stud just would be good info?

I disagree completly as you are making quite a statement when you say that. How about Canoy's Ringo and several others I can think of. How many times has he been sire of the year? We have none in this country. I am sure he is a nice producer in your area.

I would have to agree with Hill City on his opinion that Dylan
is the best alive. You can base it on record also if you want look hard enough. Dylan pups are winning and placing in all the majors. Winning with speed and drive and hunting like em or not they are hard to deal with and I don't have the first one but do have a open mind and am not kennel blind
Derek

Derek I see you have been drinking the kool ade also. Will have to agree also. The fastest track running hounds I have seen the last 4 yrs are Dylan pups. The only exception i will make is them La. boys. I am tried of them comeing here and me paying for their trip! LOL

Ray , I ain't blind , I can read, and I got friends that I know are good hunters that have and know these hounds like yourself , Hillcity, Danny Brock to name three, that tell me what these hounds are all about and I am in the process of slowly but surely adding this blood to my kennels. East Coast hounds have been there and done it !! Case closed. And a Dylan winning the USO on the outside is jut a little icing on the cake in my opinion.
DEREK

a dylan won the derby at creedmoore yesterday as well. humm lets see so far this week they win uso on outside and now derby hga at a pen that has more then a few yotes in it. 2 diferent kinda hunts some 700 miles apart with different owners. seems to me the light bulb is on! also he won soy this past yr!

I think he is a good producer but to say the best since Dash Rip Rock or any other stud remains to be seen.Time will tell

Thats a bold statement. Im not taking nothing from this hound or his production record but its seems to me your comparing tony stewart to richard petty. He may be the best but it takes more than a year or two to come up with a conclusion to back up what yall are saying. Let a couple hundred of his hounds win or place then you can compare him to packman or clown. If he can do that then you can mention him in the same sentence with dash rip rock.

I believe Hill City said the best alive right now.

once again the real smart online hunters on this site took what i said and turned it into what they wanted me to say barry. You are right thats exactly what I said but they need a bit of help understanding it. the professor had to proof read it for them.
hill city

Hill City I will agree with you. He is the best alive period. I have had all kinds and the Dylans have been far better than any others I have put a collar on. If you want to run inside or out, field trial or pleasure hunt they can get the job done. Not to mention he is owned by one of the finest hunters I have ever met my good friend Cliff Parker.

To the one who knows you better start looking closer they have been placing for several years now all over.

if he was in the deep south or the other side the BIG MUDDY those guys would be reminding us east coasters about him. Dylan is not only a great producer but he himself was the real deal and so was his littermates.
his daddy was a producer and dylan is even better!
geddy up
hill city

Berry hill city said best since DASH!

BEST ALIVE SINCE DASH RIP ROCK. CANOY'S RINGO AND THE OTHERS ARE DEAD. I agree!

where is this dog at please post where...

Is there any pups west of the river? Can they run in open country outside the wire on coyotes not gray fox?

look at the results at tar river in derby hollwood 1 dylan 1 ronnd mtn.alvin son of dylan 2 hollyday bro. youngr litter 2 britts cad. half mate 1 all age dylan 2 hollywood 1 alvin 1 cad. 1

THERE IS NO FENCE AROUND THE DEEP SOUTH LET THEM COME TO JENA

Dylan does throw nice pups when bred to the right gyp as is with most studs BUT when you look at the number of pups he has in a years time compared to some of the other studs theres no doubt he's gotta have some good ones and twice as many sorry ones!!!

Like there is more dylans bred then slinngers, and other studs in past, colby, clown, slide, supermans,pac mans, white cats. people wanting to talk about how many dylan been bred to, I can lay odds to this. Its a hell of a lot less then what you guys think. See Dylan has to compete with breeding in his own knl. Hollywood, repo,holiday etc. No other stud dogs in the country are knled at one time in one place with better knl mate stud dogs. East coast has the wal mart of studs, They got a selection to choose from. And even if dylan has alot of pups on ground, tell me what stud dog promoting man would turn down your stud fees guys bc The masterfox board might accuse me of breeding to many! Did david hellums, robby bouge, charles parker, or john hoener turn those stud fees back down there driveways. Or did dono clemons when he had batman? Case closed the only way you got alot of pups on the ground is shere demand! Demand because people want want east coast knls is cranking out! Walmart sells alot of stuff because people go in there to buy it!
14-1 on the parlay cards!

I agree Dylan is the best producing stud that is a live wish he wasnt so far to breed to. I would breed every thing I had to him.

I have a 3/12 year old gyp straight off of East Coast Dylan. She just produced a litter of 7 pups and raised all 7. She is for sale. She won the East Carolina Puppy Challenge and several Derby hunts before she was "retired" to breed. Call if you are interested. The bottom is Murphy's Sweet Tater which is out of larry bird. She is due to come in heat in June. She will be four this Fall

Fran Noblett
804-572-5552

I have to agree with Hill City, Dylan's are the most complete hounds I have seen. Speed, hunt, brains, looks, and super tough. They can piddle and run!!!

To all of the sportsmen that have read this post, I appreciate your compliments regarding Dylan’s success and yes, I will agree with a lot of people out there this topic is all a matter of opinion. Hill City voiced his opinion and respectfully, I think he made a very bold statement. I was at the fox pen yesterday running hounds and at the breaking pen last night with some puppies and received alot of calls. The statement and responses to Chris made for some good laughs and were very colorful and thoughtful indeed. Having success with a particular hound in trials or with a hounds offspring is never planned, it’s just your fortune, whether it be from good breeding or hard work in preparation for an event. East Coast has been fortunate to have raised and field trialed some nice hounds. It’s always humbling to see Dylan or Hollywood’s name in the results pages because I know somewhere out there that at least someone feels they made a good choice in purchasing a hound or breeding a gyp to raise some pups. There have been and are currently a lot of nice stud hounds in the country that are producing some nice pups and hounds. As most people know, East Coast has never been selfish or kennel blind when it came to breeding, as we have traveled and bred to hounds all over this country trying to find the next “Dash Rip Rock”, “Parker’ Mr. Colby”, Canoy’s Ringo” or “Pinedale Clown” to say the least. Whether Hollywood or Dylan or any other stud hound is recognizable enough to be spoken in the same sentence as one of the “great” stud dogs of days gone past is a mouth full and will be each hunter’s opinion based on their experience over time. Each hunter will always have his/her favorite hound because of fond memories that hound gave them. It’s a fact that not all crosses or all hounds work to reach each hunter’s expectations and even if they did, it’s unfortunate because they never last forever. I will end this by saying, remember, this is a sport to all of us and we should enjoy and try to preserve the right to continue. If you are not a current member of your local Sporting Dog Assoc. to preserve the right to run hounds, you need to join NOW and support all local functions and meetings held to debate hunting with hounds or none of us will ever have to worry about discussing who was or is the best stud hound around, the right to run and hunt with dogs will be gone.

I have not had the pleasure to hunt with the Dylan pups but would like a pair of jip pups to try. I breed two jips to Gun Stock Casper because of the same reason they are showing up in all types of trials so to say Dylan is the number one stud is a stretch. The sire of the year and the count of sires should determine the answer to the question.

Clif that is one of the best post I have ever seen

Chip, I think Dylan has won the Count of Sires, and Sire of the year. His pups just seem to be able to work in every type of hunt, and in every type of condition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classy post from a first class guy. You can knock Dylan if you want but the proof is in the pudding
derek

You are right Derek, it was a classy post from a classy guy. Clif told the truth--as long as I've known him he's never been kennel blind, always looking a better cross. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't but I've never heard him down another man's hound because of a cross that didn't work. Hardest hunter I know, Dylan is a great producer, he was an outstanding hound from a family of outstanding hounds--his percentages on pups SHOULD be good.

The last paragraph of his post is the one that needs to stick with us all if we want to enjoy this debate and sport in the future.

Hill City, don't know enough to know if you are technically right, but in my opinion anything compared to Rick Flair has to be the greatest.

some might ask why i posted all this to start with! Whats my point per say. I did it for several reasons. First I knew I could fire this board up and get all my fans down south and out west using those cel phone minutes up calling each other and talking about stupid ole hill city! What a JERK he is!, What does he know, what a azz hole he is, LOL! i didn't think many on the east coast would argue about the sucess of dylan, (unless you own another stud dog) then you would trash him with an assumed name. Then low and behold dylan pups had a big weekend. second I do feel like he is the best stud dog alive, (heck even i placed some dylans in S&D!) Now as slow as my stuff is you know how good a producer he got to be for me to do well with them!. Next i wanted to bring the credit i think is long due for dylan and his knl mates, sire and owner! CREDIT IS DUE! Cliff is a good guy and friend. I never wanted this to be directed negativly to dylan or cliff, if my posts peed in your soup be mad at me i said it, and like always with me, I say what i think and stay steady with my thoughts. Even though I feel dylan produces the best total dogs around, i still do not breed everything I got to him. I want to win and hear hill city called out on my breedings also, and i still strive for that. I got some dylan gyps to be breeding now and hope they pull my other stuff up with them. Bottom line is this, i posted it on here in a way, and on this site, to get the board talking. When stoney buys a page add and writes his challenges and story's its good reading, when i do the same kinda thing, it stir's the pot! not alot of difference other then 2 sides of the big muddy! Thats one of my points! now barry is back in town from the USO so i pass the stick for him to run with now on the next topic. can i get some legal help and a hug guys???
sincerly your president elect
good ole hill city

Got to give it to ol "Hillcity"...he got y'all talking for sure. And he has a valid point about Dylan! But as was stated there are a number of excellent stud dogs at East Coast Kennels!
And Clif Parker is one of the most stand up,hard working hunters you'll ever have the pleasure to meet.
Clif will and has recommended to folks "OTHER" hounds to breed to, becuase he believes in that hound as well. He has done it for me in the past and Clif know it was appreciated!
And as for his post..outstanding!!

ALLAN BISHOP
(JABBER JAW)

What Ckiff Parker said is as humble as it gets. I reckin we all should try to be more like that if we could get our big-heads out of the way. And hill city you forgot to say geddy-up ....TYE

It is a honor to be able to be apart of East Coast Kennel. As i am there six or seven days out of the week I run and see dylans,hollywoods,repos and hoildays run all the time. There all top producers along with tons of hounds in this sport. Many people think these four hounds get breed severl times a week which is wrong, they might get breed one or two times a month if that which shows me and should show all hunters these hounds are doing what there suppose to be doing! Talking about Dylan, In the last two weeks Dylan pups have won a puppy hunt and three more placeing in the top ten, winning the USO and winning the TarRiver derby and all age also placeind 2nd and 10th hga in a one day that pretty much speaks for it self. There are hunters makeing studs out of dylan to name a few.. Round Mtn Alivn and David Futchs male! I would like to thank Clif for allowing me to run and raise hounds and apart of East Coast Kennel!
Good Hunting
Cody

This is what this board should be about. Great post with a lot of different opinions. No one dserves more credit then Cliff Parker for always supporting our sport in a positive way.He's even supported some of us old one day hunters.

I want to however mention another great producer T's Sissy Jo this an outstanding gyp that has produced outstanding pups no matter what she has been bred to.Great gyp owned by a great hunter President elect Hill City.

Thanks for the words ray. Sissy has been a real treat for me as a dog and a dam. When you get lucky with dogs like her she can make the hunter look good as well. She did alot, of winning, and producing. Not bad for a gyp that was bred way before she turned 2. Raised a litter, then i got her in my knl on a dog trade. She then went on to place in her first 3 day hunt after being a mother and over 2 yrs old before entered in a 3day. After her 2nd litter of pups i took her to the all american in manning. Had pups at home 11 weeks old, i ran her a total of 4 times in a a 5 month span and she made the cut (top 15%) at that all american and finshed the 4th day. She even placed in a hunt after she welped her 3rd litter. I also remember she hga'ed at 5 hunts in a row in creedmoore! She has been a nice gyp, not bad for a free dog from jessie, that he gave away b c she was hard to get up huh??
ps sissy joe had a good sire and dam as well ray!
hill city

I agree with what Jeff Almand said about Canoy's Ringo. If he was alive I would breed everything I have to him. I would definitely like to try some of those Dylans. I just wished it wasn't so far away. With that being said I think Clif Parker said it best. Dylan has to be the real deal. Maybe we can get him down this way and breed some gyps to him.

I sure would like to try a Dylan out here in these open wheat feilds.

If any of you start south with a pair of Dylan pups let me know. It sounds like they are the real deal but it is to far to travel from the coast of Ms.to breed to him.

Kevin Harris-You hang tight for about 6 months based on packages being picked up and delivered, you may have one.

FRAN

Fran you guys got sissy joes littermate sherry lyn I hear! Your friend John miller as one mate as well, a gyp named bertha!

hill city

I am sure john boy will breed his to dylan soon! she is due in anytime

1 2