​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my opinion on the masters

IN MY OPINION THE MASTERS HAS BECOME THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS HUNT IN THE NATION. I COMMEND FRED AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS HELPED BUILD THIS ORGINIZATION TO WHERE IT IS TODAY.
AS A SECRETARY OF A MASTERS AFFILIATED HUNT, THE ONE THING THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IMPROVED IS THE WAY, WE AS SECRETARIES, SEND THE AFFILIATION DUES IN. LAST WEEK, I SENT IN WHAT I THOUGHT WAS THE DUES FOR THE MASTERS.....SO WE WOULD QUALIFY FOR HOY/SOY POINTS. TODAY I LEARNED THAT AFTER SENDING THE DUES IN AND RUNNING AN AD IN THE HORN.....THAT 1. OUR HUNT DID NOT COUNT IN THE HOY/SOY LAST YEAR AND 2.THAT I WAS NOT FINISHED WITH MY SECRETARIAL DUTIES YET. (I STILL NEED TO SEND MY LEADERBOARD FEES IN). I ALSO LEARNED THAT NONE OF THE OTHER HUNTS FROM MISSOURI COUNTED AND ALOT OF OTHER HUNTS AROUND THE NATION DID NOT COUNT LAST YEAR BECAUSE OUR SECRETARIES DID NOT SEND IN THEIR LEADERBOARD FEES. THE REASON FOR THAT IS BECAUSE MOST OF THE SEC. DID NOT KNOW THAT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO SEND IN LEADERBOARD FEES AND THE OTHERS THOUGHT THAT IT WAS INCLUDED IN THEIR AFFILIATION DUES.
IT SEEMS THAT INSTEAD OF SENDING 2 CHECKS TO THE MASTERS FOR $25 EACH THAT WE COULD SEND ONE $50 CHECK TO THE SAME PLACE AND HAVE EVERYTHING TAKEN CARE OF. I AM SURE THAT THERE ARE SEC. OUT THERE THAT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE MASTERS AND DO NOT READ THIS BOARD BUT WOULD LIKE TO BE INVOLVED WITH THE HOY/SOY TO GIVE THE HUNTERS WHO PARTICIPATE IN THEIR HUNTS A CHANCE TO COMPETE FOR HOY/SOY.
THE OFFICERS OF THE MASTERS UNDERSTAND THE FEE SYSTEM THEREFORE AN OFFICER COULD BE APPOINTED TO COLLECT THE MONEY FROM THE AFFILIATED HUNTS AND THEN DISPERSE THE MONEY TO THE CORRECT PLACE.
THE SECRETARIES OF THE SMALLER HUNTS DO NOT GET COMPENSATED FOR THEIR WORK AS DOES THE MASTERS. IT WOULD NOT BE ASKING THEM TO DO IT FOR FREE AND IT WOULD BE MORE EFFECTIVE. I CAN SEE THE NEED FOR THE FEES BUT WOULD LIKE TO SEE A MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE, SIMPLER SYSTEM.
HOWARD

Re: my opinion on the masters

The rules for the leaderboard were posted on the Masterfox and Speeddogs sites and it was requested that everyone get with the secretaries of hunts who might not have access to the sites.

The rules for 2009 were also printed last year in the Hunters Horn ~ with the information about sending the $25 and the results to David Bailey.

The rules for 2010 have already been posted on both sites and printed in the Hunters Horn ~ again with the $25 fee info and David Bailey's address.

---------------------------------------------------

Copied from an earlier sticky:

2010 FOXHOUND AWARDS PROGRAMS of the Master’s Corporation

LEADERBOARDS will be kept thru the year and posted for the following programs on www.masterfox.net and in the Hunter’s Horn magazine in april ,july and October with the final standings being in the march issue for the previous year.

HOUND OF THE YEAR

SIRE OF THE YEAR

DAM OF THE YEAR

KENNEL OF THE YEAR

All trials must be advertised on at least a ¼ page ad in the Hunter’s Horn in order for points earned from placing to be included in the standings. Advertising two hunts in the same ad shall not be allowed. Advertising two hunts on ½ page, three hunts on ¾ page or 4 hunts on a full page shall be allowed. All hunts must be advertised at least 30 days prior to hunt for hunt to count.

* * * All hunts eligible must be reported on masterfox, faxed to David Bailey at 919-284-3317 919-284-3317 or mailed to David Bailey at 6746 old Beulah rd Kenly N.C. 27542 at least 30 days from the last day that the hunt was run. Hunts that turn in late will be disqualified from being eligible for that years awards .Mistakes must be corrected 30 days from being posted or results will stand as posted. * * *

In order for points to be counted, each hunt must be run under the National Rules, Masters Rules or July National Rules and a recording fee of $25.00 will be charged to each association, for a hunt to count all money owed must be paid at the time that that the hunt results are received. All Age and Derby of the same name will count as one trial. All monies received will be accounted for by the Corporate Secretary and deposited into a separate (LEADERBOARD) account. After expenses are paid all remaining monies (each year) will be used to sponsor the four LEADERBOARD PROGRAMS. The person or kennel owning the hound as of the last day of the year will be eligible for the awards unless this committee is notified in writing of an agreement between to parties that gives awards rights to another individual a kennel or person will not be allowed to purchase hounds and transfer awards for the purpose of the koy .

Effective Jan 1 2010 all kennels will have to be registered in order to receive their awards .A kennel will have 30 days from placing a hound to register with this committee and the number will have to be supplied to the reporting sectary in order for points to count. To obtain your number please contact Fred Walker after Jan 1-2010 at 903-809-3811 903-809-3811 or go to masterfox main page and register there.

For the purpose of validation, the first day of running will constitute the start date of the field trial. To be counted in a current year’s Leader board, the hunt must start (first day of running) in that calendar year. The calendar year for all Leader board programs will be January 1 – December 31. An association can have only one trial for each 25.00 paid, however an association can have as many hunts as they pay for provided they have different names and pay 25.00 for each hunt.
In This case each hunt would be allowed to run their trial under one affiliation fee with each addition hunt costing 25.00. And for further notice, the Eastern Carolina will be considered the last field trial counted in each calendar year.)

--------------------------------------------------

This is also a post , still sticky'd at the top of the message board :

Leaderboard Info/ PLEASE READ

Just to make things very clear and open to the Hunters and association Presidents /Sectaries /Directors about leaderboard for 2010.

In effort to keep an up to date Leaderboard and a even flow of hunts for the score keeper in the 2010 rules you will find that all COMPLETE RESULTS and LEADERBOARD FEES need be sent in within 30 days of the last day of running. Currently there are hunts that were ran in January that have not sent in leaderboard fees and are in danger of not being counted.

In 2009 and years past there were some hunts/ hunters /hounds that did not receive points due to leaderboard fees not being paid, hunts not advertising in hunters horn and results not being turned in. Some lost points due to failure to turn in combo winners, dual champions, classiest hounds, and best mouth.

My recommendations would be.

1. If you are in charge of a hunt send in your leaderboard fees to David Bailey EARLY for every hunt your association intends to have during the year. They can be paid as far in advance as you like. Then it is done no worry.

2. When sending in results make sure everything is complete. Make sure you put duals, combos, classiest hound, and best mouth. Entry numbers separated by Derby and AA are very important. Date hunt was ran, month ad was in the horn makes things much easier for us as well. If I were posting it I would also put the day I paid the leaderboard fees so dog owners wont worry about it. Make clear the name of the hunt when sending leaderboard fees and giving results because many hunts have similar names and some associations have multiple hunts.

3. Not required but for the interest of the dog owners and ease of knowing the hunt has been turned in I would recommend posting the results on the hunt result page on Masterfox. Then if a hunter sees a problem or something missing it will be found in time to make changes. There is 30 days after results are turned in to make changes to mistakes after that it is considered done.

4. If you are a dog owner. Keep a close watch on the hunts you attend and the results and push for things to be done correctly.

We understand that many feel that the 30 rule is not much time but it is not that hard. We intend for all hunts to be counted but for some it doesn't matter how long you give them they will wait until the last day or after.

Thanks

MY POINT IS NOT TO KNOCK WHAT HAS BEEN DONE BUT TO IMPROVE IT IN THE FUTURE. SENDING THE CHECK TO ONE PLACE INSTEAD OF TWO WOULD BE ONE SUCH IMPROVEMENT.

IT MAY BE HARD FOR SOME TO BELIEVE IT BUT NOT EVERYONE WHO FOXHUNTS READS THIS BOARD. AN EARLIER STICKY WOULD DO NO GOOD TO THOSE WHO DO NOT READ IT. LIKEWISE IF THEY ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN THEIR OWN PARTICULAR HUNT THEY MIGHT EVEN SKIP OVER RULES FOR THE MASTERS WRITTEN IN THE HUNTERS HORN.
IF ON THE OTHER HAND THEY WERE TO SEND $25 (WHAT THEY THOUGHT WAS NEEDED) TO THE MASTERS, THE PERSON WHO COLLECTED THIS MONEY COULD LET THEM KNOW THAT THEY NEEDED TO SEND MORE.
RIGHT NOW YOU SEND $25 TO DAVID BAILEY AND THINK THAT YOUR HUNT IS MASTERS AFFILIATED. IN REALITY YOU HAVE JUST THROWN YOUR CLUBS MONEY AWAY BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T SENT IN YOUR AFFILIATION DUES, INSTEAD THEY WENT AS LEADERBOARD FEES AND YOU DIDN'T KNOW IT. YOU HAVE PAID LEADERBOARD FEES BUT WILL NEVER SEE THE LEADERBOARD.

IN YOUR POST ABOVE YOU BASICALLY STATED THAT IT HAS BEEN ADVERTISED WELL ENOUGH. OBVIOUSLY IF NONE OF THE HUNTS FROM MO. AND ALOT OF THE HUNTS FROM OTHER STATES NEVER QUALIFIED FOR THE HOY/SOY LAST YEAR THEN IT HAS NOT BEEN ADVERTISED WELL ENOUGH!

We understood that many don't get on the computer ~ that's why we printed it in the Horn.

We also thought about printing it in the Chase ~ but you can understand the conflict of interest there.

Some hunters, sectretaries, etc were sending fees to different places. That's when it was determined that all Leaderboard items (results,fees,corrections,etc.) were to be kept together and seperate from other Masters hunt stuff.

Every month on the back page in the Horn , there is a form to send in for the leaderboard.

We can look into re-printing the rules again halfway thru the year in the Horn.

We in NO WAY want to keep anyone out of the HOY....

We had over 100 hunts entered in the leaderboard from Ala,Ark,Fla,Ga,Ill,Ind,Ky,La,Miss,Mo,NC,SC,Tenn,Tx,Va,W.Va. and Canada.

There were only 3 hunts that were sent in to the leaderboard that did not end up counting - one of those just did not end up running the hunt, and the other 2 were missing information. So if the leaderboard fee was sent in , it was counted and given back at the awards.

Like we said before , hunters please contact your hunt secretaries and inform them of the leaderboard information in the Horn magazine , if they don't get on the computer - or print it off the computers and show them.

Thanks.

DEAR, MR. LEADERBOARD, WHAT IS YOUR FIRST NAME AND ARE YOU A DIRECTOR?

Absolutely.

Is my idea completely out of the question then? I would like to hear from some of the other directors. Is it possible to maybe get this changed to simplify the process someday?

Pound Puppy I do understand where you are coming from. I am secretary over the Gulf Coast Classic. I have sent 2 checks to the hunters horn for ads, 2 checks to the Chase for ads, was borderline sending a check to Nancy Verling for affiliation dues yesterday, and still have to send a check for leaderboard fee. It is aggravating sending money to different people, but it is much easier for the secretaries of each hunt to send us a seperate check than it would be for us to get $25 from Fred Walker sent to David Bailey for each hunt.

National affiliated hunts would have to do so anyway. Only Master affiliated hunts could send one big check, so it's easier for us to keep everything seperate.

People that attend affiliated hunts should know by now how important it is for all info to be in on time, if the secretary is unaware of the guidelines than it should be up to the particapants at these hunts to make sure the secretary "is aware" of the guidelines for leaderboard fee.

It's not completely off base but partially. The Masters Assoc. dues and the leaderboard fees are totally separate items. The Masters fees are set up to cover overhead items for the Master Association. These fees go to cover secretarial costs and whatever other items the Masters Directors deem necessary. The Leaderboard fee is a fee established last year to assist in the overhead cost of calcultating and tracking the HOY/SOY/DOY/KOY and in providing additional awards to the various top participates in each of the categories. The leaderboard fee had to be established to continue the program because no one wanted to continue with the amount of hours being put into tracking the hunts. The group of directors are totally separate individuals providing a portion of their time to maintain two separate functions. What you are asking is just less work on each of the secretaries part, which is hundreds of people. If you send all checks to Fred or David then Fred or David have to track and keep up with what 100 secretaries have sent them and resend checks to distribute the necessary funds to the appropriate personnel. They would have to be working on record keeping logs everyday to keep all balances correct throughout the year. Again, my point is it is better for each hunt secretary to worry about distributing the funds for his or her annual 1-2 hunts than for Fred or David to worry about distributing the funds for 100+ hunts.

pound puppy I think you are a little off base on this one---Think of it this way---It is much easier for each secretary to do just a little extra than for one or two to watch over everything---For years I did the whole thing for free and I finally just wore out---

1. It is the job of the Corporate Secretary (2010- Brenda Turner) to keep up with the Masters Affiliation Fees. Nancy Verling to keep up with the National Affiliation Fees. I don't know who on the July National Afflilation Fees.

2. It is the job of the LEADERBOARD Secretary (2010-David Bailey) to keep up with the LEADERBOARD Fees, to be paid by all hunts affiliated with the Masters, National and July National---This money must be earmarked to pay someone to do the job of calculating the LEADERBOARD before we can depend on it to sponsor one of the four programs---Believe me it is worth more to do this job than is collected by the LEADERBOARD---Ask Heath Howell---He turned down $1,500.00 to do it---He did a good job---He knows what it envolves---This is a real pain in the rear job---We are building a program to serve this purpose but first we must have to have a registration number on each Hound, Sire and Dam---We have the Kennel finished---

3. We have a LEADERBOARD Committee in place now that are doing a great job---Hank Cranford heads it up along with Clif Parker, Jerrod Vaupel, David Bailey and Larry Saucier---The Masters is lucky to have these hunters in charge---The LEADERBOARD is one of our most important programs---

So I say this to all---Let's back the LEADERBOARD Committee in every way we can---A big part of the future of our sport is in their hands---

FRED I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS WELL WORTH THE MONEY. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT. I WAS JUST HOPING TO FIND A BETTER WAY TO COLLECT IT. THANKS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS DONE THE WORK FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS.
PS. TURNERS LEVI WOULD HAVE HAD A BUNCH OF POINTS IN THE HOY LAST YEAR AND I FEEL BAD FOR WHITEY AND BRENDA THAT THE LEADERBOARD FEES WERE NOT PAID. HE HAS PROVEN HIMSELF TO BE A GOOD HOUND AND I WAS JUST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO CORRECT THE SITUATION. IF THE DIRECTORS ARE HAPPY THEN I AM OK WITH IT TOO.

PUP AND EVERYONE ELSE BELIEVE ME THE FIVE OF US DID EVERYTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE TO MAKE SURE THAT THE HUNTS WERE COUNTED AND THAT NO ONE WAS LEFT OUT,THERE WAS PEOPLE THAT STARTED ON THE 21ST OF DEC -09 TRYING TO GET HUNTS ELIGIBLE THAT WERE RUN AS MUCH AS 9 MONTHS EARLIER AND WE DID ALL WE COULD FOR THEM . WE WILL BE GLAD TO ENTERTAIN ANY IDEAS THAT ANYONE HAS TO HELP MAKE THIS THING WORK BETTER FOR ALL,SO PLEASE SEND US YOUR IDEAS ABD WE WILL LOOK AT EM ,BETTER YET WE MAKE CAN MAKE A SPOT ON THIS COMMITE FOR YOU IF YO ARE WILLING TO SPEND ABOUT A 1/4 OF YOUR TIME ON IT AND PAY YOUR OWN PHONE BILL AND FURNISH YOUR OWN EXPENSES -GOOD LUCK-DAVID BAILEY

BTTT