​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for you Field Trial Guru's, "Webb's Red Gal"

Has there ever been a hound that any of you can recall that has won as consistantly as she has? Big hunts!!!!! I'm not talking about Pearl River county ch. Saucier's Zeak, which had 35 hounds entered, I mean a hound that has dominated the field like she has with hunts of such great caliber.

I told you East Coast boys she was the real deal, I'd almost go out on a limb and say she is the baddest alive. Can anyone argue that with me?

Re: Question for you Field Trial Guru's, "Webb's Red Gal"

I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE, BUT THERE WERE SOME GOOD HOUNDS THAT DID NOT HAVE THE CHANCE TO COMPETE IN ALL THESE HUNTS. WHEN I WAS A KID THERE WERE ONLY ABOUT 4 HUNTS A YEAR. BUT I CAN SAY THAT SHE BELONGS IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS PACMAN, MEESHA,TINY HELLUMS,LEBLANC'S CHOCOLATE,RICE'S ACE. BUT YOURE RIGHT BIRD SHE HAS PLACED OR WON THE BIG ONE'S!!!!

I ain't a field trial guru and have never got to see Red Gal myself but she must be one bad b****!!!!

Stephen w/Ambler Ridge

I have seen her and have to say she is one of the best ever. When I was keeping track of the Leaderboards for the year 2008 I know she placed in some hunts and went to the 2008 World Cup where she placed in S&D and Endurance but she just missed getting in the top ten HGA. Then she continued to place thru 2009 ending the year with wins at the Deep South Masters and the 2009 World Cup. She started off 2010 with a win at the International and now she has a high placing at the 2010 Masters. That streak of three wins in a row in three consecutive months (DSM in Nov; WC in Dec; IRHC in Jan is hard to top.
She is a hound that stands out in the field. If you had never seen her and you went to a hunt with hundreds of hounds you would recognize her immidiately the first time you saw her.
There have been some other hounds that have won and placed in the big ones like Pacman, Slide, Slinger, PD Hope, Howard's Maggie, Ginger Jo, the Yazoo female of many decades ago, and there are a few more good ones not mentioned but I will say she is the top running hound female of recent years. That much I think is safe to say without debate.
I wish Mr Webb would give us a full list of her placings when he has a chance.
I'm really interested to see what she gets bred to and if any of the pups will be sold. I don't have the resources to get one but I bet they could be booked for a 4 digit figure before they are even born. We have the hunters these days that recognize how rare an opportunity it is to get a pup off one of the best hounds in wolfhound history.

Those hounds you speak of where and are great hounds, but the last 3 hunts she placed in was the WORLD CUP, INTERNATIONAL, and none other than the MASTERS. The 2 she won was against a field of already proven hounds with several being champions. The Masters don't need to be explained, we all know what type of competition was there. If i'm not mistaken she is over 4 years old. Kicking aZZ at the biggest hunts in the country within a month apart from each. Most hounds don't field trial passed 2 years old. And she makes a mockery of the young peaking hounds in the feild with her.
Heath i'm interested to know what hunts those other hounds have placed in at streaks like hers.

SHE IS THE REAL DEAL FOR SURE! THE ONLY OTHER GYP I CAN THINK WOULD BE IN THE SAME CALIBER WOULD BE CH. WARDS QUICK LIPS BACK IN THE 90S. I THINKS SHE WON 5 OR 6 BIG HUNTS... YOU EASTCOAST BOYS WOULD KNOW MORE ABOUT HER THAN I WOULD.

FLYING DIXIE G. SHANON ALTMAN WAS RUNNING A FEW YEARS BACK UP IN NORTH LA DID A BUNCH OF WINNING ALSO. CANT REMEMBER WHAT ALL SEE WON BUT SHE WAS A VERY CONSISTENT GYP. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO HAS THIS GYP NOW?

Heard some hunters talking at the Tx. State last week that Lakehills Ike and Ducote and Smiths Mighty Man were the only two hounds to ever place in 3 out of the 4 major Masters hunts. Is this right or not.

Seymour, Kyle actually had her for about 2 months. We ran with her for about 6 weekends. Kyle kept telling us she was some old deer dog one of his buddy's had been having. Me and Jackie called bull$h!t on that one. We knew she wasn't just some deer hound. She could run something, and had an outstanding clear tenor mouth too.

WHERE DID MR COOPER LET HER GO TO?

Webb's Red Gal has got to be an extemely nice hound. Placing and winning in some very tough competition. Definately the best female now if not the best ever! I think today people put forth alot more effort for the big hunts, than in the past, and there has never been as much competition as todays hunts.

The Howard's Maggie female won the Eastern Carolina hunt with over 600 hounds and the very next month won the first Top Gun (4 Day Hunt) with 500, and the next year won the ALL AMERICAN (4 Day Hunt) and placed in several more between.Tiny Hellums and P.D Hope also did there share of winning.

Don't know where she went from there. Took 6 months to find out what she was.

I remember Maggie winning some of those hunts. That's a pretty stout record as well.

Got to go with Howards Maggie with Red Gal in second. She is the top hound right now.

I think Maggie had alitter of pups before winning the All-American!

If I went to alot of trials I would be breeding some good gyps to Red Gals sire he was a good field trial hound also, he was not entered in but a few. Masters Ch. Barbers Bauldy.

I would have to say Ambler Ridge Blackflame is a gyp that has to be considered. I know she isnt a CH. but her record speaks for itself. Cant think of many dogs that have won what she has. $$$$$

Ch. Webb's Red Gal is the best field trial hound in America right now. And if all those other great hounds were still alive she'd probably be whipping them too. She may very well be the best field trial hound ever.

JMO,

J.J.

I would have to say ike is a very good hound that has done pretty good . But also 2 of greg morrisons hound A dog named miss kitty and also a dog of his named ice that placed 10th at master and placed at breeders cup and top gun not counting all the derbys she has won . But web Gal also is TOP of the line and will win more hunts. Cody.

Does this gyp have any littermates ?

JW will probably tell you the same thing. I've lived through a few decades of this stuff and every few years a hound will emerge dominate. Red Gal is it for now. Others have had the title and desrved it as she does. The debate has always been could this hound have beat her predicessors. The answer is, we just have no way of telling. I'm sure JW wonders the same thing about some of his past hounds. COULD THEY HAVE BEATEN RED GAL? It is fun to speculate. I'm still waiting my turn!!!!

Does she have any littermates ?

I am pretty sure Webb and Ely have a female mate to Red Gal that they have already bred

They had a black littermate but I don't know if they still have her or not.

Mike what dog u asking for littermates to???

There's a male in franklinton La.

Heohner slide 30 time field champion and hoy. that hound won all over the usa for may years.

30 time field ch.! This can't be correct.

look up pd hope if you want to see a field trial record

There is no way I can look PD HOPE's, have heard Hope won a lot. What all where Hope's winnings?

Bird, She won the National with a perfect 400 HGA points, the USO, and the NC State. She was never run in a pen trial so, it's probably not fair to compare her to Red Gal. Apples and Oranges

Slide was a 19 time champion not 30. That includes all bench, field and dual. He was a pro when it came to field trialing.

Hey Barry, seems like I remember folks saying that Hope was bred to Sam when she won one of those big hunts,... is that right?

Kyle Stotesberry
252-809-9124