​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Update on Alabama State

Just spoke with my brother Jonathan Blakeley. He said that Tadpole Kennel won BIS and Mare Branch Kennel won BOS. They turned loose 140 hounds this morning and he already had several crossing and the hounds were flying. Thats all I know at the time. He may post more latter or tommorow as he will be running the computer for this hunt.

Happy hunting,
True Grit Kennel,
Etowah Co.
Kyle Blakeley

Re: Update on Alabama State

Sounds like a lot of fun. Nothing like being at your home state hunt.

I just remembered a story from a few years ago. It was April Fools Day and I think it was the Heart of Dixie being held at Parker's in Elba, AL. Ed Bacon was the Master and during the hunt he pulled up to the fence where the hunters were watching the running and told them the back fence had been damaged and the hounds ran a coyote right thru the back of the pen and they were heading for the highway. Daddy and several other hunters like to broke their necks getting to the trucks to cut the hounds off at the highway. Ed went to laughing and revealed it was just an April Fools joke and for them not to hurt themselves. About and hour later Ed pulled back up to the fence and tried it again. nobody ran for the trucks but this time some of the hounds had really and truely got out of the pen and Ed had to convince them he was not fooling any more and they needed to get aroud there and catch those hounds.

Heath it was my dog that come up to us on the outside that sent us running all over.But what was worse is Billy Caylor and my dog was high speed and drive that day with both dogs making the HGA sheet after being outside the wire for sometime.

After day one.....

8 hounds were scratched.
440pts high speed and drive hound in the A.A.
325pts high dod speed and drive in the derby.

Note: Around 15 hounds over 300 speed and drive in the A.A.

Hopefully Jon or someone will post results of the Derby after it is giving out. Because I am going hunting tonight!

True Grit Kennel,
Etowah Co.
Kyle Blakeley