​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WHATS WRONG WITH A STRAIGHT ANSWER ON HERE ?

1...YOU'RE STARTING A HUNT IN AN AREA WITH NO BROKE DOGS
2...YOU'RE RUNNING IN AN AREA THATS ALLWAYS SCORED ON DEER
3..MOST HUNTERS WILL PREFER YOU TO SCORE ON DEER

I THINK YOU NEED TO RETHINK THE NAME...AND WANTING TO RUN IT UNDER THE NATIONALS STANDARD CONCERNING DEER...THATS WHAT ****** ME OFF...YOU'VE GOT THE OPTION...USE IT !
ALVIN BARROW,252/792/3951,alvinbarrow@yahoo.com

Re: WHATS WRONG WITH A STRAIGHT ANSWER ON HERE ?

The Running Hound Classic....

alvin barrow
1...YOU'RE STARTING A HUNT IN AN AREA WITH NO BROKE DOGS
2...YOU'RE RUNNING IN AN AREA THATS ALLWAYS SCORED ON DEER
3..MOST HUNTERS WILL PREFER YOU TO SCORE ON DEER

I THINK YOU NEED TO RETHINK THE NAME...AND WANTING TO RUN IT UNDER THE NATIONALS STANDARD CONCERNING DEER...THATS WHAT ****** ME OFF...YOU'VE GOT THE OPTION...USE IT !
ALVIN BARROW,252/792/3951,alvinbarrow@yahoo.com

First I am speaking only for myself & no other members. I do not know when your questions will be answered but when they are it will be when everybody thinks they have made a decision that will help make this hunt a success.
Also you have made it quite clear that you are ****** off over what we are trying to do for the first time with this hunt & demanding answers right now! This is what has me a little ****** off! Did you support the hunt last year or buy a membership? Are you making plans to be in Ellsinore this year or buy a membership & are you making plans to be in Ark. next year in 2011???? And can you be 100% sure that no dog at your hunt last year received a score for off game????????

P.S. Good luck with your broke dog hunt I hope it becomes a huge success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Whitey i have judged several field trials at the Lake Ouachita fox hunters hunting grounds i am the president of the L.O.F.W.H.A. At our recent hunt we had 2 days of outstanding running we got lots of good game but we got lots of deer i wish you all the success in the world but if you dont score on a few deer races you will not get alot of local support in my opinion so until we meet happy hunting and god bless. S.R. PS #810 Is a good looking pop cicle.

i'm a local hunter and this is just my opinon if you don't score on deer it going to make some long day's there with out a score! see we have alot more deer than fox , maybe the new hunt needs to buy some fox and put them in there! its going to be hard for locals to support a hunt under these rule!!! dont want to make anyone madd but thats what i thing>>>>

I would like to know why it concerns hunters who more than likely won't make the hunt anyway? Also, if you go to a hunt knowing ahead of time how they have been run and scored in the past that is on the hunter not on the hunt organizers. Futhermore, if you like it go if you don't like it don't go. How that for straight?

whitey,i respect your opinion...but the purpore of the masters was to get away from what the national rule book had in it,an option was incerted that an org that adopted the masters outside rules has the option to score or scratch on deer....i didnt think using the NATIONALS rule was an option...i spoke with fred several times on this...and glad it was put in...i tried my best to get a couple associations out here to adopt the outside rules...and do both,have a hunt scored on everything...and have a brokedog hunt...with no luck...maybe i'm ****** off that my efforts failed...but here's the masters...doing good..and offering a new hunt...good for it...but dont let the main thing that a lot thing is wrong with the national rules back in..this is a problem that needs addressing....i'll guarentee you will have more support if you score on deer....but if you wont ,i'll support the hunt and bring all i can,but like a lot of hunters around here...it's not worth it to us to expose broke hounds to 3 days of deer running...uncontroled...you'all keep the champions...we'd rather have the straight hounds

OK. This hunt isn't running next week, there's plenty of time to make a decision. One thing and probably the most important thing that the organizers are checking out is will they be in violation of any state or local law regarding the deer running. Now all of us know dogs are gonna run these nannies but, the difference may be, can it be advertised as being scored on deer? Give em a little time.

I just wanta go 2 a HONEST HUNT i dont care if u scorem running rats an Mr. Barrow do u hate deer that BAD???????????????????

OH almost forgot what was the last MASTERS RULES HUNT u run in ??

brent...i havent...i dont care to field trials in pens at all..and dont wont to judge pen hunts either..with that said ..i called fred several times and i'm very glad he put the option to score or scratch on deer in the rules....to a lot...this is one of the worst things with the national rules,pen hunters were against some statements on endurance...the masters if diffrent..and meant to be diffrent...

barry i understand...but will it be let out in secret code...i have trouble reading them

Mr. Alvin most hunters today has never owned a broke dog so it does not matter to them if hounds are scored on deer as a matter of fact thats why they want them to be scored on deer. If they had ever hunted out side as much as some of us has and if they had any broke dogs and knew how hard it is to get one they might understand why a man with broke dogs don't want to run them with deer dogs plain and simple. I just do not quite understand why an association would be called a foxhunters or foxhound assoc. or field trial and score dogs on deer why not call it a deer hunters association. JUST MY OPINION.

Heres your straight answer most of your so called broke dogs couldnt run a fox or coyote out of a paper bag how is that for a straight answer

Mr. Rowton you should not judge other peoples dogs by your slow dogs.

Re: ROWTON......

I don't usually comment on your posts! But this time you are way off base!! That's showing either your lack of knowledge or immaturity!
Broke dog hunters work harder than most hunters to insure their hounds run the correct game. Unlike most of us that can't keep em from it!
Give these guys the credit they are due for all their hard work!
Most of us run inside the wire anymore because it is a way to keep the hounds from getting into trouble crossing some guys "two-acres", and keep them from running "off-game"!
So the straight answer is "you are not an authority on hounds, nor am I"; so give some respect to the other hunters, whatever their choice may be!
Good Luck to you with whatever type hounds you have!

ALLAN BISHOP
(JABBER JAW)

ALLEN I WAS HOPING SOMEONE WOULD SAY THAT...

David may of been a little sarcastic but he is not the one stirring the pot, Alvin is. Alvin is the one posting about makeing a deer champion on speeddogs. He is saying because of a deer scoring issue the hunt shouldn't be able to be called a wolfhound or fox hunt. He is the one bettering himself in comparison to anothers hounds. I didn't know he was the grand puppa of fox dogs. Personally I don't care if they score them for running geese as long as I know it going in. From there it is my decision wheather to pay the entry fees or not.

To the guys starting the hunt out west, good luck and I hope it is sucessful. As founder of a hunt run it however you like.