​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
July Dominance

Thinking back on some of the success enjoyed by July hounds in recent major hunts I can recall a few impressive placings.

Seems like in the last few years the July hounds have won the S&D or the HGA at several major Masters hunts including the Wolfhound Classic, Masters, World Cup, and Breeders Cup. I don't guess a July has ever won at the Top Gun but that is the only place they haven't made their mark. Considering the proportion of Walkers to Julys entered in these hunts, their success is alarming.

Maybe it is time for a few F-1 hybrid crosses to try and put the gear back in those Walking dogs. If it works you can breed several generations very quickly and the July hounds won't even appear on the 5 generation pedigrees. Once the crosses get far enough back in the papers you can register them as full Walkers again and nobody will know the difference.

Re: July Dominance

Heath, that little chain of events has occured more than most walker folks want to admit, but their color just keeps mysteriously turning RED. The problem is, they continue to hope that they can redeem the walker hound by crossing on other walker hounds instead of just admitting defeat and going straight July. . In so doing, Eric could relax instead of walking the floor, "supposedly" worried about global warming. And Sonny could relax instead of worring about."Georgia warming", "or the insuing,threat of these July hounds getting to Georgia". and we could all enjoy life, and live happily ever after.

Rodney, I see no trouble with the walkers turning "red", but what is with the Julys turning white and SPOTTED?

First ones I seen was about 1960 came from Mr. Bauman that owned the Red Ranger which at that time I hadn't seen a walker dog of that color!!!!

The closest July breeder to me, was Mr. Bill Engler from Golden Ok. When I went to his Kennel the first time. (Mid 70's), He had some fine looking hounds, snow white, dark red and some that were white and red. When I inquired about the red and white ones he just replied, when you breed red ones to white ones, you dont get pink ones. So I just decided that was enough explanition for me!!!

ONE OF THE OLDEST BREEDERS OF JULY HOUNDS,ASA MARSHALL FROM EATONTON,GA. IN THE 1940'S HAD A STRAIN OF WHITE JULY'S.
MY FATHER AND GRANDFATHER NEW HIM WELL THEY WERE VERY SHARP AND FAST.
WHEN I FIRST SAW LEVI I THOUGHT OF SOME OF THE HOUNDS MY FATHER HAD WHEN I WAS A KID.

SO EAT YOUR HEART OUT THERE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN WHITE JULY'S.
I WISH I HAD ONE NOW.

WHITEY,IF YOU BREED LEVI TO A RED GYP I'LL TAKE A PINK ONE.

HEATH YOU HAVE BEEN PAYING CLOSE ATTENTION....AT THE MASTERS 0.009% OF THE HOUNDS THERE WERE JULYS.... 33.3% OF THEM WERE IN THE TOP TEN....99.9% OF THE HOUNDS THERE WERE WALKERS AND 0.003% OF THEM WERE IN THE TOP TEN... AND I GOT MY FIRST PAIR OF JULYS FROM SEMAN RAYFIELD 35 YEARS AGO THEY WERE OUT OF A GRAY SPOTTED FEMALE AND A RED MALE AND THEY WERE RED AND WHITE SPOTTED...NOW WHERE DOES THESE RED FLAG TAILED AND GRAY WITH A DARK BACK WALKERS COME FROM??????

Levi looks like a Gunstock Casper to me.

OR DO THEY LOOK LIKE HIM??????

WELL SINCE ERIC WON'T REPLY HERE GOES,LEVI IS A VERY NICE HOUND,VERY NICE.
BUT YOU JULY MEN WILL TELL IT THE WAY YOU WANT TO BELIEVE,OR HAVE US WALKER MEN BELIEVE,KEEP TALKING YOU MIGHT JUST CONVENCE YOURSELFS.
My BELIEF, THEIR IS NOT A HOUND THAT LIVES TODAY THAT THE PEDIGREE IS 100% RIGHT WALKER OR JULY,IT MIGHT BE FOR A FEW GENERATIONS WHICH WE KNOW.
WHITE JULIES,WHITE WALKERS WITH PINK NOISES,HELL i GOT A 5GEN.WALKER HOUND THAT YOU CAN LOOK AT AND TELL SHE GOT GREYHOUND IN HER,
ENOUGH SAID CAN'T WAIT FOR RODNEY TO INVADE GA. SONNY
HILLBILLY THOSE PERCENTAGES YOU WERE GIVING OUT FAVOR LEVI LOOKING LIKE CASPER HELL HE FAVORS JEAN HELLUMS,AND SHE WON ME A BOAT LOAD OF MONEY AND 2 BIG HUNTS

SONNY THATS JUST MORE OF A REASON TO GET SOME OF LEVI....P.S. I HAVE GOT A LITTERMATE TO LEVI THAT IS GRAY WITH A DARK BACK....SO YOU MIGHT GET A LITTLE COLOR OUT OF HIS PUPS....THOSE NUMBERS ARE A LITTLE MISLEADING BUT THEY ARE CORRECT....

Dry Branch K. Sonny
WELL SINCE ERIC WON'T REPLY HERE GOES,LEVI IS A VERY NICE HOUND,VERY NICE.
BUT YOU JULY MEN WILL TELL IT THE WAY YOU WANT TO BELIEVE,OR HAVE US WALKER MEN BELIEVE,KEEP TALKING YOU MIGHT JUST CONVENCE YOURSELFS.
My BELIEF, THEIR IS NOT A HOUND THAT LIVES TODAY THAT THE PEDIGREE IS 100% RIGHT WALKER OR JULY,IT MIGHT BE FOR A FEW GENERATIONS WHICH WE KNOW.
WHITE JULIES,WHITE WALKERS WITH PINK NOISES,HELL i GOT A 5GEN.WALKER HOUND THAT YOU CAN LOOK AT AND TELL SHE GOT GREYHOUND IN HER,
ENOUGH SAID CAN'T WAIT FOR RODNEY TO INVADE GA. SONNY
HILLBILLY THOSE PERCENTAGES YOU WERE GIVING OUT FAVOR LEVI LOOKING LIKE CASPER HELL HE FAVORS JEAN HELLUMS,AND SHE WON ME A BOAT LOAD OF MONEY AND 2 BIG HUNTS

Hillbilly did you notice the anomosity in Sonny's post.
RODNEY SONNY CAN'T GET YOU OFF HIS MIND YOU BETTER RUN YOUR 3RD STRING THE FIRST TIME WITH HIM

Yes Ed, I have taken that into consideration.I have to run mine in shifts, since I have more hounds, than I can keep in texas. So they are resting in the kennel in La. I figure that I can bring those first since they will have been kenneled for about 4 months and Sonny can get a warm fuzzy feeling. Just when he gets comfortable,Then I can bring on the real deal!! It's the Nation approach, I can't help it!