​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HOF Member Joe Gibson

It is with a heavy heart that I ask that all of you be in prayer for our dear friend Joe Gibson AKA Big Emma, AKA Hall of Fame Kennels of Dadeville, Al.

He has been in the Hospital for little over a week now, and I was able to go see him yesterday, Ester Sunday evening, with the wife and kids.

I must say I have seen my ole buddy when he was a lot better.

He is now 88 years old and in the East Alabama Medical Center, in Opelika, AL.

What is wrong with him you ask? Well, old age is all I could really tell you.

He has gout in his knees, elbows, fingers and toes and the pain is really bothering him and he is really down and out.

I understand Big Kyle is there seeing him today, he ask for Big Kyle to come down, Big Emma told me last evening I want to see Big Kyle, and Big Kyle has answered the old man's request. These two think a lot of each other.

He is very depressed and worried about being in pain, he was very plain with me last night, He said, "Now, Jon D, I have always enjoyed life and the fullness thereof but if I can't enjoy being here I need to go on and see the other side."

Needless to say we were both in tears.

Now, Big Emma has been down before and the Good Master may see fit to restore him to his much wanted health, but if not you pray that he does not suffer long here on earth.

We prayed together last night and asked for the Good Master's will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven, and to reconcil our minds to his will.

He has been a great man for a long time and a pillar in Dadeville, AL. And a true Gentlemen to our great sport.

The day he was told you all put him in the Hall of Fame may have been as happy as I have ever seen him. He said I know there is others who are more worth but none more apperciative than I.

Lets all pray for Joe Gibson my good friend Big Emma.

I am sure Big Kyle will report from seeing him today later on.

True Grit,
Elmore Co, Al
Jonathan