​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Caskey's 2_day nfha derby

started today w/ 56 hounds,3 scratched over 1450 scores......fast and furious,,,,,,,from what i saw it was all you want in the first day of a 2-day derby hga and when the dust and POLLEN settled it was 5 or 6 w/ over 500 s & d , 12 over 400, 16 hunting dogs(tops 55 and 500plus) which i believe the corbetts owned.....belive ronnie norris top speed and drive @ 575 or so.....can't get any better running anywhere right now for a preserve less than 400 ac....get to go middle of the pen and see all you want.......A MUST SEE for somebody with plenty of "getty - up"....Ran under national rules and i heard the master say nearly 1500 score relates to about 30/dog/day or 6 per dog/ per hour.......can't score any more than that......the Caskey's got a first class 100 dog facility AND ......the dogs got to endure one more day of that.....

Re: Caskey's 2_day nfha derby

ronnie norris wins hunt and s & d w/around 1200 pts(he placed 2 or 3dogs) cecil & justin wilson hga'd couple, woody corbitt,johnny williams, brad kirkley hga'd one each, mr pilgrim hga'd 2 at his first trial after foxhunting for 50 years,(he is breeder of pilgrim's trooper and william's sue that johnny had excellent field trial records with).took 890 s&d for 8th around 1200 to win, 35h to get in 60 to win