​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whitey ( Levi )

I am sure that a lot of us on here would love to know more about Levi.
How is he bred. ( he is a walker, right )
How is he as a pleaser hound.
Dose he run outside.
How dose he stack up against the best you have had.
Do you have any pups out of him yet.
Fill us in, I always want to know about good hounds.
Thanks and good hunting.

Re: Whitey ( Levi )

Ya Whitey tell them how Levi runs on the Outside. See how many other people have a heart attack! Kevin I will promise you that Levi comes home every time Whitey or Brenda turn him loose in the Wild.

You really mean Brenda right.

Kevin, I will answer a couple of your questions for you. Levi is 100% July. And he is out of Whitey's Most favorite Dog High Country. The rest I will leave up to him. Other than Brenda does turn him loose her self at least once a week on the outside and he has always came home.

Toby, I have been turning dogs loose about a mile from the house without tracking collars on. I hope you didn't have another heart attack when you read this. Later Matt

KEVIN I PROBABLY KNOW AS MUCH ABOUT LEVI OTHER THAN WHITEY AND BRENDA....HE IS 100% JULY HE LOOKS JUST LIKE HIS MOMMA.....HE IS OUT OF WHITEYS HIGH COUNTRY HOUND THAT IS OUT OF JULY NAT F. CH LITTLE SQUALLER HE IS OUT OF WHITEYS OLD SQUALLER HOUND THAT WAS OUT OF HAMBRICS TYLER..ON HIS MOMMAS SIDE HE IS OUT OF MY CHARCOAL FEMALE THAT WAS OUT OF TURNERS JED THAT WAS ALSO HAMBRIC BRED..CHARCOALS MAMMA WAS OUT OF MY SUGAR FEMALE THAT WAS OUT OF HOLLIMANS SLIM AND A PATTERSON BRED FEMALE...BEFORE THIS HUNT LEVI WAS RAN ON THE OUTSIDE EVERY WEEK NOW IT MIGHT BE A LITTLE HARDER TO OPEN THAT GATE IF HE WAS MINE...LEVI HAS GOOD SPEED AND CAN RUN HIS GAME LIKE HE OWNS IT..AND IF HIS GAME GOES IN OR UP HE IS VERY GOOD ABOUT LOCATING IT..HE ALSO HAS A VERY GOOD CLEAR HOOTING MOUTH AND WILL PULL IT NOW AND THEN..AND HE HANDLES LIKE A DREAM...HOPE THIS HELPS...

KEVIN I JUST TALKED TO WHITEY HE SAID LEVI WAS TURNED ON THE OUTSIDE LAST NIGHT AND WAS HOME BEFORE NOON TODAY...

Boyes I know he is 100% july, that was just a little jab at Whitey.
Thanks for all the info, I see that he has Hambric blood on both sides. Dose he have any Breland blood in him. I got to meet Bill Breland one morning at J. W. Webbs pen in southern Miss. I was impressed with his line of Julys that morning, they ran very well. I was pretty sure that he was run on the outside and would come home.
Hillbilly if he was home before noon, that is kind of short houred, isnt it .
Are there any pups out of him yet?
How is he with a mean barking coyote.

Heck guys if Levi had been a Walker and won the Masters you wouldn't have still been talking about it. The fact is Levi is a very nice competition hound, I can't see why everyone is soooooo surprized that he won. I'm not surprized and I don't even like July dogs. I've ran against him and judged him and if there is a hole in him its a pretty small one cause a lot of people have looked him over close and not found it yet! Keep beating the July drums and we will try to regroup for the Big Valley this year. See ya then Mitch

YES HE DOES HAVE A LITTLE BRELAND ON HIS BOTTOM SIDE....NO PUPS BECAUSE HE WONT BE 2 UNTIL JUNE...AND HE IS NOT AFRAID OF A COYOTE....AND HE WAS HOME BEFORE NOON DUE TO THE FACT HE MOVES AROUND BETTER THAN THE INFERIOR BREED.... HAD TO HIT YOU A LICK THERE...

Shoot I bet Whitey even finds the house earlier than he used to now that Brenda is there taking care of things so why wouldn't the dogs? See ya Mitch

I did not know he was so young. I was not suprised at all that he won.With his other winnings I knew he had to have what it takes.
Hillbilly I know what you mean about the inferior breed, those Goodmans sometimes are not as fast as some of the other breeds
Man I hope I am not digging a hole I cant get out of

Watch out Kevin you will be in the July business, and Mitch is just wishing he was!!!!

WHAT MOST PEOPLE DONT KNOW IS THAT WHITEY HAS A FEMALE HE CALLS FIESTY THAT PROBABLY IS JUST AS GOOD AS LEVI SHE JUST HAS HAD SOME BAD BREAKS AT THE HUNTS..... AND I SURE DONT WANT TO FORGET BRENDAS CHARMIN FEMALE....

Kevin right now Levi is not in good standings at the house again & I believe he had a new name from the phone call I got, him & pepe lepew just don't get along with each other very good & Brenda had to go to our old house & get him today. Needless to say she didn't care for his perfume. What everybody else has said preety well describes him & like Mitch said he is a competion hound & reason being very seldom will he not be running something & has a good mouth that is easy to pick & a joy to listen too!!!!!

Thanks for asking!!!!

Good to here from you, good luck with Levi and hope his pups turn out as good as he is.
The one good thing about his perfume is that Brenda had to handle him today and not you

Kevin you said it Brenda had to handle him. I will place a wager that he no longer has the same the smell as he did when she picked him up. One thing is for sure you never see Whitey's/Brenda's hounds and they are not white. Ol Levi met Mr. Clean when he returned to the home stead with Brenda.
Matt no heart Attach just a cold chill to be followed by a cringe!

Toby you think I should start putting a tracking collar on Levi now

I have come to the conclusion that if you live past 21hwy headed east then it is against law to run tracking collars in the wild! And Hwy 21 maybe to long of a cut off may need to back it up again.
You know how I feel on putting a tracking collar on him. Don't you remember the first the time I was at Benji's, Matts, and your house and I was informed with all this info that makes me shake, go into convultions, stress, then minor strokes.
Tell ya what if you are starting to get worried about his safety/where abouts just send him to my house I will put him under lock and key and could almost promise you that he wouldn't get damaged in the Wild!

HILLBILLY is there any more mates to Levi, or did you let Whitey have all of them.if you have any more of the mates you might sell, post your number and best time to call.ALSO CONGRATS.on breeding a MASTERS CHAMP that is a real accoomplishment....THANKS LANCE..

Toby, Levi does smell better I had to loan Levi some of that good smelling soap your Boss gave me at the Masters. :) Toby, Debbie is alot nicer than you said she was. Thanks Debbie for the Soap & Hand Lotion.

LANCE I AM NOT THE BREEDER WHITEY IS I LOANED HIM THE FEMALE WHITEY AND MYSELF DO A LOT OF LOANING TO EACH OTHER...I HAD 2 MATES TO HIM AND HAD TO MANY AND SOLD THE MALE MATE TO HIM TO STEVEN KING I STILL HAVE A FEMALE MATE TO HIM THAT IS A SOLID HOUND..THE REST OF THEM YOU WILL NEED TO ASK WHITEY WHERE THEY WENT AS I AM NOT SURE....

Hillbilly, what r u doin up at 3am. way past a July's bedtime?

JOHNNY THAT IS THE BEST TIME TO SPRING A SNEAK ATTACK ON THE SLEEPING CALVERY...

Brenda she was on good behavior because she knew I had people watching her!

Brenda did you give ol Levi one of those kisses when you had to go pick him up.
(She kissed that dog and his sister every morning before cast.) Might be something to it. Told my wife she needed to start going to field trials with me and kissing my dogs at cast. Got a strange look out of her.

HILLBILLY, HOW LONG HAVE YOU AND WHITEY BEEN PARTNERS ON THE HOUNDS? DID YOU OWN HALF OF TURNER'S SQUALLER WHEN HE WON THE JULY NATIONALS? I WAS IMPRESSED BY HIM AT THAT TIME!

will the real BJ CONRAD please stand up..

NO NEVER OWNED A HAIR ON SQUALLER I WAS THERE WHEN WHITEY GOT HIS MOMMA IN GEORGIA AND I HAVE GOT 3 FEMALES OUT OF HIM...AS FAR AS HELPING EACH OTHER OUT THATS BEEN HAPPENING FOR SEVERAL YEARS...

hillbilly. i sold the mate to levi but talked to the guy last night and got him bought back

BJ, IT WAS NICE HAVING YOU STAY AT THE HOUSE AFTER OUR HUNT! I HATE THAT I HAD TO GO TO WORK AND LEAVE YOU BUT THE BOYS SAID THAT YOU PLAYED ON THE COMPUTER FOR A WHILE AND SEEMED NOT TO MIND ME LEAVING. COME BACK AND WE'LL HUNT AGAIN SOMETIME. I POSTED ON HERE AFTER YOU LEFT AND DIDN'T SEE YOUR NAME AS THE AUTHOR. GLAD I WASN'T STIRRING TROUBLE!!!

BJ PUP THATS GOT A RING TO IT...

Hillbilly, wonder if Pound Puppy knows about that cross we made, these are going hunting by their self not running yet but they are looking for something just don't know what (HaHa) you going to B.V. Sat? Kevin

PP, If I come down for a sleep over, Will you leave?

I THINK YOU CAN GO AHEAD MARK CON-PUP IS BUSY TRYING TO BLAME HIS GOOF UP ON THE BOYS....

Mark, I don't think PP is skeert !!!!

going to pic levis litter mate up to day

THE BEST ADVISE I EVER GOT WAS-

"YOU'LL GO BROKE BUYIN LITTERMATES!"

THE FELLA THAT GAVE IT TO ME FREQUENTS THIS BOARD OFTEN & CAN USAULLY BE FOUND WEARING A WORN OUT BLACK FELT HAT...LOL.

GOOD LUCK!