​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This Past Friday NIGHT!!

First let me say sorry for not reporting this early this week. But I have just now got caught up here at the office.

This past Friday night April 2nd. 2009 we gathered up at Orbon Elder's fox pen to run a yote. Those in attendance was Larry Cox, Uncle Earl Dunn, Ol Buck and Myself. We started out the evening by cooking Salmon and Eggs with a pan of biscuits. We chit chatted for a little while and enjoyed eating supper together. Just about dark Uncle Earl Says well boys are we about ready to turn'em out? We responded by walking towards our truck so we could drive off the hill from the camp house towards the power line. When we got there we cut them loose and it was on, this was at 7:33p.m. Now Buck and Larry had 8 hounds between them and part of them were july's and half july mix and a few true walkers'. Uncle Earl had his 4 Duncan Creek Mates and all I had was some J*R CJ mixed with a little Stinger J. one that had Some Black John mixed with Clown and one ol Double Breed Diamond Stride Jed Gyp. So I had 4 in the race. We built a fire and settled in a begin to listen to hounds make that wonderful music. We were running that Yote like a rat runs a rafter. Around the 11 clock hour Bro. Larry says do you think they are going to make a check, I say I hope not this what we come for. Around Midnight we had some coffee and cakes and other items as we could all tell this was going to be tooth and toe nail puller. Well the night got longer and them old hounds got gooder and gooder. My old friend Uncle Earl turned in around 1:30a.m. or so as he had logged all day and had alot to do on Saturday. So that left me, Buck and Bro. Larry. Well the hounds were just still laying the cord wood to him and the night air was around 50 degrees and you could just lay blanket over'em and awe boy it was just beautiful. Well around 3a.m. the hounds had went in the back corner and I thought I will lay down so I headed for the truck but about that time I heard ol Max choppen and driven as he had got it head for just a thought and I told Bro. Larry I believe I'll stay a little longer. It wasn't long till the other hounds had ol Max coverd but this was a race we were just all wanting to see how the hounds we be doing at daylight. Around 5a.m. I decided I would go cook Breakfast and start a fresh pot of Coffee. Bro. Larry had brought some home grown sausage and a dozen of fresh yard eggs. So I cooked and got Uncle Earl up and we ate about 6a.m. just as the Sunrose and the rooster began to crow. During the 3 to 5 hours I thought alot about when the last time I had heard race this good. I know I have heard some good one's but this was one for the record books. We went back down to the powerline and started catching our dogs. We got most of them pretty easily by 7a.m. Bro. Larry and ol Buck had theres caught by 7:30am and they left out for Sulligent Alabama. Me and Earl still had 1 a piece but we got them by 8am and Earl left out and I went washed the dishes and open the feeders for the Coyotes.

We trully had a tear down, no game was caught nor bayed nor hurt. We simply ran them like there put here for our hounds to do and Our hounds are still layed up from chasing after those ol yotes all night.

This was truly a great night there were two people missing and that is MY old Friend Joe Gibson, and My brother Jonathan Blakeley, as they would have LOVED to have been apart of this night and race.

Happy Hunting,
True Grit Kennel,
Etowah Co.
Kyle Blakeley

Re: This Past Friday NIGHT!!

Oh Big Kyle, you are so right, me and our ole Buddy Big Emma, would love to have been right there with you boys.

I can't help but think that My Ole Pig hound and his little sister Fry, and Ole Gut, and Big Emma's Blondie and Rose could have added something to this race.

Me and Big Emma may not could have got in the race with all you boys, but we should would have liked to have tried.

Glad you boys had a good one, and look foward to being with you boys sometime in the future.

The only question I have is do you think if Mr. Don Willis had been there with Cody and Abraham, would that just have spoiled your race???????

Good Hunting to you boys Friday night,
True Grit,
Elmore Co.,AL
Jonathan

sounds like i missed one more of a good race.. and a few good meals also.. maybe i can catch the next race ... when i get all this college over maybe i can get back in the saddle!
ole pop said his dogs are still felling the effects from friday night!!

You boys sure do eat well. I can't get Chubby to even bring me a candy bar. I'd get fat hunting with your crowd. Good story!!