​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ANOTHER FOXHUNTER LOST......FRANK DAVIS

Unfortunately we lost Mr Frank on Tuesday. He was an avid houndsman, loved the "music" and enjoyed his "Julys"! We ran hounds together, and had many fun times. He will be missed.
Below is the "obit" from the Richmond paper.

ALLAN BISHOP
(JABBER JAW)

DAVIS, Herbert Franklin "Frank," born in Buckingham on November 5, 1940, passed away April 6, 2010 in Montpelier. He was preceded in death by his parents, Roy M. Davis and Demetric Newton Davis; a brother, Alton Davis; and a sister, Mariam "Tina" Call. He is survived by his wife of 51 years, Sandra B. Davis; and three sons, Franklin D. Davis of Alexandria, Kenneth R. Davis (Helen) of Florida and Timothy N. Davis (Sherry) of Montpelier; his grandchildren, Joshua, Samantha, Kyle, Rachel, Jolene and Kristin; three brothers, Herman Davis of Mechanicsville, Tom Davis of Church Road, Va., and Haden "Cookie" Davis of New Canton; four sisters, Esther Zicafoose of Ashland, Nancy Sprouse of Henrico, Fay Wharam of New Canton and Mary O'Bier of Rustburg. The family wishes to thank Dr. Brian Mitchell of the Virginia Cancer Institute and the wonderful ladies of the clinic, Ashley and Denise. The family will receive friends on Friday, April 9, 2010 from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. in the Nelsen Funeral Home - Reid Chapel, 412 S. Washington Hwy., Ashland, where services will be held on Saturday, April 10, at 11 a.m., followed by interment at Shiloh United Methodist Church Cemetery in Montpelier. In lieu of flowers, gifts may be made to the American Cancer Society , 4240 Park Place Ct., Glen Allen, Va. 23060

Re: ANOTHER FOXHUNTER LOST......FRANK DAVIS

Sad news,I have known Mr.Frank for many years,last time we saw each other was at creedmore last year,we chatted about years gone by,I left Va.28 years ago so we did not get to visit,Allan thanks for the post,I know Frank will be missed. Thanks Sonny