​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ticks

what do yall use to keep them off the dogs?

Re: ticks

Saber purple python cattle tags..best thing ever! Ticks get on em and are dead! If you see a tick on them....bet it hasn't been on em for an hour!
Hope this helps!

ALLAN BISHOP
(JABBER JAW)

Allan will they work on fleas?

will it hurt puppies?

Won't put Cow Tags on puppies, just my thoughts.

Fleas, Admire or BAYER Tree and Shrub.

NO FLEAS at True Grit Kennel in 3 years.

True Grit,
Jonathan

HOW DO YOU APPLY IT

THANKS

Randy i put about 9 cc's from the back of the neck to the base of the tail and a few drops on the ears. The bayer will work for about 2 months, depending on how bad the flees are in the area you are running and other dogs in the area. I haven't had any fleas in over 2 years. Just ticks from running on outside. They will be terrible about next month, planning on trying the cowtags this year.

BIRD I USED THE COWTAGS WORKS GREAT FOR THE TICKS & THANKS FOR THE ADVICE

Question for you all... I have used the purple python tags the last two summers with great results. I honestly can't say I can recall pulling a single tick off of any of my hounds at all. That being said, do you put the entire tag on your hounds or cut it in half? I've always used the full tag, but a few people have mentioned to me that you should only use a half a tag on a hound. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

JASON I CUT MINE IN HALF LAST YEAR AND THEY STILL WORKED GOOD

cow tags for ticks, and bayer tree and scrub spray for fleasblue bottle

let'em stretch

jesse

I'm a tight wad....I cut the tags into 3 pieces......Works great..

Purple Python works great for ticks and also will keep flies and gnats from eating on their ears....Tye

WHERE DO YOU BUY THEM?

Purple pyton works great for flies, insects, mosquitoes,and ticks and also I had problems at times with ear mites in the past and since I have been using the cow tags on the collars I havn't had any ear mites. I get mine through Jeffers Pet supplies but sometimes Tractor's Supply carries them. The tags don't have much impact on the fleas though, but I use the Bayer Complete insect, I use approximately 7 to 8 cc's and start at the ears and put two to three drops on the skin side of the ear, fold the ear in half and gently massage the two halves together to insure the absorption of the solution into the skin and then start at the base of the neck, fold the hair back and make sure I am getting to the skin and put a couple of drops all the way down the back about 2 to 3 inches apart until I get to the root of the tail. You will have no fleas, and this last about 2 months before it has to be done again.

which purple pyton to get because tractor supply
had a varitey of them and don't want to kill my dogs?

I use V-Tec Purple Python Tags.

d lice for cattle is good it about 24 dollar a gallon

thank you

Don stanaland

DON;

I USE YOUR SAME TREATMENT. I USE THE WHOLE TAG, FOLD THEM OVER AND SHOOT A PIN THROUGH AND SLIDE THEM OVER THE COLLAR. MINE HAVE BEEN ON THEM OVER A YEAR AND DIDN'T LOOSE THE FIRST ONE.

GET MINE AT TRACTOR SUPPLY AND THE BAYER AT WAL-MART.

I GO A STEP FURTHER, SPRAY THE LOTS AND HOUSES WITH
LIQUID SEVIN.

WORKS GOOD FOR ME, I WENT FROM COVERED UP TO NONE.

THANKS, BOBBY.....

at what age do yall think is safe to put a tag on a dog

Bobby, this does work, I agree. Another great thing is that if you go into the winter without ticks and fleas, then you don't have them hatch out in your pens in the spring. I havn't seen the first flea or tick, and for years I fought them all the time. I sprayed the pens with diesel, and used creosote dip and all kinds of powders, I was constantly battling ticks and fleas. I lost three really good hounds to tick fever before I realized what was going on. Thank God, we have found a reasonably inexpensive solution to this problem.