​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEED HELP!!!!!!!!

Ok guys and gals, I need some help and am counting on my hound hunting friends for your support.. Today at work I had a customer and in our conversation I learned that she runs Stray Haven animal rescue in Dundas Va. As we talked I learned that this woman personally cares for about 25 dogs. The only help she receives is from her son and a small handful of volunteers. Well, all this was well and good but her next remarks is what really alarmed me. She went on to tell me that she was originally from Maryland and had not been exposed to hounds and hunters until purchasing her property in rural VA. She also was very concerned that "most" if not all hunters abused there hound and starved them to death. Of course I explained to her that the bad hunters she had come in contact with where the exception and not the normal.. After some conversation, I am pleased to report hat she was very open-minded and agreed that she had just meet the bad apples in the bunch.. After talking for awhile longer I discovered that out of the 25 dogs she currently has about 18 of them are hounds that have been abandoned/lost/stolen etc. This is where we come in. It is time for Ms. Menier to renew her paperwork for the rescue and she does not have the funds to do it. The other animal rescues in the area will not take the hounds because they deem them to be un-adoptable or just plain don't want them, Also they are already swamped with hounds.. Ms. Menier does not want to shut down "Stray Haven" but if she cant renew she cant continue to operate and doesn't know what will happen to the animals she currently has. The renewal fees are only $300, what better way for us to show there are responsible hunters then for us to help save this rescue and to continue supporting her in the future.. What better public relations then for a bunch of hunters to save a rescue that is struggling, and in danger of going under.. What a positive statement to animal rights groups?? PLEASE Hunters help support this cause.. This lady has rescued as many hounds as most of us feed and doesn't even hunt..

Also all donations are tax deductible..

Below is all the contact info..
Stray Haven
501(c)(3)non-profit animal rescue
Beverely Menier
bmenier@gmail.com
P.O Box 92 Dundas, VA 23938
(804)727-4879

any further questions feel free to contact me..
Joel "lil Man" Scott
252-767-9567

Re: NEED HELP!!!!!!!!

Some of the local hunters need to take some of them off her hands, I know most hunters do not want grade dogs but looks like some deer hunters would. I will send her a donation to go on the renewal fee.

Re: NEED HELP!!!!!!!!

YALL need to put on a hunt for her