​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Possible outside hunt in camp shelby MS in oct

Well we been kicking around the idea of another 100% payback hunt at shelby. Not shur about it though because of the new road closures. We would be looking at the range rd and fox holler block for the sole turn out spot. Some of you know that in the right race it could be some scoring or just out of reach for judges when they cross the range rd. ya think we should try it or give up on shelby. I think that would be are only block to try it. What ya think about it. Thanks for the support last year with 120 dogs and $2400 pay back 270-8694

Re: Possible outside hunt in camp shelby MS in oct

Lil' Larry

We may have to move south across the 8 mile. They will still be plenty of chances to get scores. I come home next Wed. I will call you.

WHAT ROADS HAVE THEY CLOSED? I RAN ABOVE PARET TOWER A GOOD BIT THROUGH FEB AND MARCH AND DONT REMEMBER ANYTHING DIFF WITH THE ROADS. THERE IS A BUNCH OF COUNTRY BELOW 8 MILE LIKE SAMMY SAID, BUT I THINK WE WOULD NEED A TRIAL PERMIT FOR LEAF RIVER ALSO IF WE GO DOWN THERE AND SEE IF THEY WILL OPEN SOME GATES FOR US THAT DAY. GIVE ME A SHOUT IF YOU NEED ANYTHING LARRY. I WILL HELP IN ANY WAY I CAN.

Daniel the roads on the east side of 29 will be one of the main problems. You know a lot of the roads where your dog scored out last year south of fire lane where closed then. We just pushed the isue because the law at the time was so new. All those roads are part of the law now, but they are not marked at all besides the map. Your right about those permits. Im all far south of 8 mile. I just dont know much about that area. We would need some help on judges for that area. What ever ya want I started this strickly for the hunters and there benefit. ya just name it. We can base it at a camp in New Augusta I'm in or yours it may be closer not shur.

Larry w.
Daniel the roads on the east side of 29 will be one of the main problems. You know a lot of the roads where your dog scored out last year south of fire lane where closed then. We just pushed the isue because the law at the time was so new. All those roads are part of the law now, but they are not marked at all besides the map. Your right about those permits. Im all far south of 8 mile. I just dont know much about that area. We would need some help on judges for that area. What ever ya want I started this strickly for the hunters and there benefit. ya just name it. We can base it at a camp in New Augusta I'm in or yours it may be closer not shur.
I guess on those permits for leaf river we all would have to have one or it may be different for special event maybe?

OK. I DIDNT KNOW THAT THEY WERE CLOSED. IM SURE WE CAN WORK IT OUT BY OCT. ILL BE UP THAT WAY ALOT NOW TURKEY SEASON IS OUT. KEEP IN TOUCH. MY EMAIL IS DanialSeymour@Gmail.com and my cell is 228-297-3521.