​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prairy Haggin Elmo

I am looking for a pup or young dog thats out of Prairy Haggin Elmo. Would like a female.Does any one have one or know somebody.

Re: Prairy Haggin Elmo

This hound you are looking for, who is his sire and dam.

There was an old hound years ago that was named Prairie Elmo, but that has been years ago.

Where is this hound suppose to be?

True Grit

The Prairy Haggin Elmo Dog was in the 70's or 80's. He's probably gone by now. He was here in Missouri, because my grampa owned him. I'm not forsure what Elmo was out of.

The hound, Prairie Elmo, was owned by Jim Chumbley. I had a female from Prairie Elmo, Baker's Sally, who won 30 trophies. She was Il State Derby Champ in 1973, all-age Il State F Champ in 1974 and 1975. She died in 1980. Prairie Elmo died about 1978.

Do you know where I could find a pup or young gyp that goes back to that old dog close?

i would think the 2 hounds had to be related ?? you should contact SAM, Jim's son, as he gets on this board. Jim traded hounds with 4 people that i know of,Glassey from MO, Hinkel Schillings, TX, Max Althizer, IA. and Bill Martin, IN that i know of and all of these gentleman are passed i believe. i prolly don't have all the above names spelled right, but sam could tell you the complete low down on all of them with pedigrees. Jim gave me my start into hounds, how i miss his knowledge!
MR BAKER, SHE WAS A GOOD ONE! YOU COULDN'T BEAT THOSE HOUNDS FOR TUFFNESS AND NOSE.

BRYAN... I HAVE TWO HOUNDS THAT GO BACK TO HIM IN THE 10TH AND 11TH GENERATION I PRESENTLY DO NOT HAVE ANY YOUNG ONES BUT AM PLANNING ON BREEDING THEM IN THE NEXT YEAR OR TWO .... I LIVE ABOUT 300 FEET FROM WHERE PRARIE ELMO IS BURRIED AT AND REM. THE DAY HE DIED I AM AT WORK NOW BUT ILL GET HOME TOO MY RECORDS AND DIG UP SOME MORE NAMES AND PEDS TO LOOK FOR BUT MOST IS WATERED DOWN ...HE WAS OUT OF ELMOS IKE X BILMAR CANDY ...HAPPY HUNTING

Thanks for the info! I still have one old gyp still left, but she's not regestered. I really like them line of dogs. Let me Know if you have anything or hear of something??

BRYAN MY # IS 618-407-1773 GIVE ME A CALL SOMETIME