​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need good mouthed hound

Guys, I am in the market for a good mouthed hound or two. I'm not a field trialer and don't want a whip and pop jerky dog but don't want a real slow dog either. Would like something with a real musical mouth, or squalling mouth or distinct coarse loud driving mouth. Nothing with that high pitch squeeking, I have enough of that already. Would prefer something around 2 yrs old, would really like a Big Thunder hound with a distinct mouth but really don't care what the breeding is as long is the hound is registered. Can be all Walker, all July or combination of both. Probably would prefer dogs rather than gyps but wouldn't rule out anything. Dog needs to have enough speed to keep up with the others, but definately not looking for just a 35 pt hound. Want a good steady, easy to handle, good mouth hound or two. Thanks. e-mail donstanaland@yahoo.com or call 903-731-3443.

Re: Need good mouthed hound

Thanks for the e-mails and calls but guys I am looking for a really OUTSTANDING mouth that can keep up. Doesn't have to be something that has placed in puppy hunts(even though there's nothing wrong with that), I want a dog that will run 8 to 10 hrs at night, easy to handle, that can keep up but not necessarily run away with it,(I'm not into 1 dog races)that has an OUTSTANDING mouth that sounds like a hound rather than a fiest dog or a bunch of geese flying over. Thanks

I had 4 or 5 of exactly what you looking for....Cary Don probably remembers some of them....I only have one left here but he is now workin on 7 yrs old....LOL....When Randy King let me take Ol' Sam down here & advertise him I bred him to just about all of my worthy females.....Got some super mouths out of every gyp that a deaf man could pick out of a pack.... ...Don, I'm sure if you breed something to my old Sam dog you'd get some good mouths....

Kenneth, thanks, but I have several outstanding mouth older dogs that I plan to breed to and raise some good mouthed pups, but I am just looking for something to add to my pack that is running now. I may not be able to find what I'm looking for, if not I will raise some more from my older hounds. Thanks.

bro don PLEASE DONT PANIC OR MAKE ANY FAST DECESIONS JUST YET . i will bring a male dog over when i bring your gyp back and let you liston to him and watch him run .have a blessed day randy king.p/s you can take what kennith says to the bank.

Yes, I know Kenneth and know he is telling it just like it is. I'm sure his hound will throw good sounding pups but as I said, I have several that will do that,(I have always bred for good mouths), but I am just looking for a dog or two to "spice up my pack right now". I hope you have what I am wanting. I'm sure you know what I am looking for. Thanks and have a very blessed day.

ONE GOOD THING ABOUT THIS DOG .IF YOU DONT WANT HIM .HE CAN COME RIGHT BACK TO MS .NO PROBLEM AND NO PRESSURE LOL.SO LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A HUNT PLANNED 1 FRIDAY NIGHT WHEN I BRING YOUR FEMALE BACK TO YOU .TAKE CARE GOD BLESS RANDY

I'm in!!!!! Good deal!!!! I might even see if I can find a little "grub" for you so you won't have to go back hungry, ha, ha.

food always makes me and cheryl happy lol.take care and god bless randy

mr don i have one a thunder grand pup with a outstand mouth hes 8 months old give me a call 318/987/2589

Rodney, I know you said the dog wasn't litter enrolled yet but do you have a full pedigree on him showing birth date and breeder and reg numbers on his sire and dam? E-mail me at donstanaland@yahoo.com, thanks, Don

Randy, I talked to my good friend who owns the pen that I run in and he says for you to bring more than one good mouthed hound. We're going to have ribs with all the trimmings for you and Mrs Cheryl and he has an air conditioned cabin on the place so you can stay cool if the weather is too warm, ha, ha. Probably will be several of my good friends there, I told them you was "Royalty", and had good hounds and they are all interested, we may just buy you out before you leave, ha, ha. Looking forward to seeing you and Mrs Cheryl again. By the way, all the guys I hunt with are good Christian "clean mouthed" people, we might even get the Bible out before the night is over.

well my friend the part about good christian sounds great.plus all the food.but i think you made a boo boo about being royalty and good hounds in same sentence lol.thanks for the thought .i will try and get these little babies ready when i bring your prize female home ..by the way i may be making a trip out west if i can pull it off.looks like i need to go to cheyenne wyoming.in 2 or 3 weeks .i just need to round up a few dogs going that way or some comming back .take care and god bless randy