​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hey Y'all, Check Out These Scores From The Santa Rosa 3-Day

The Santa Rosa 3-Day ended today. It was held outside, in the Blackwater State Forest in Florida. I was asked to post a few notes of interest.

The running was phenomenal! And I'm talking about the right game! Hats off to all involved with the enhancement of the running grounds during the past few months. It's a fact that you get out of something what you put into it. It's obvious the hard work on the running grounds is paying huge dividends to the quality of the running.

I think there were 14 judges. They were a remarkable group of judges indeed! As I was driving home I counted up at least 10 of the judges who currently own hounds, hunt both inside and out, and most regularly attend and compete in field trials. After 20+ years of field trialing this has to be the most proficient group of field judges I've ever seen in action.

Derby:

1st place hunting was 75 points.
It took 70 points to win trailing.
165 points S&D was 10th - 1st was 245 points.

All-Age:

It took 65 points to get in the top ten in hunting - 145 points hunting was 1st.
1st place trailing was 125 points.
10th S&D was 315 points - 485 was 1st.

The game was in abundance, mostly gray fox but also several coyote races.

This hunt had it all: Lots and lots of gray fox and coyotes in the running grounds, generous participation from all of the surrounding hunting clubs, and a remarkable group of proficient field judges. Definatley one of the best!

It appears as though everything is in place for a great Blackwater Field Trial, so if you missed the Santa Rosa get you some numbers for the Blackwater in July and come join us.

Re: Hey Y'all, Check Out These Scores From The Santa Rosa 3-Day

Sounds like you had a great hunt Jack. I wish I could have been there, but work kept me away and will do the same for the Blackwater, but you can bet I will be planning to attend them next year if at all possible.

This is a fine area and the people are wonderful. I hope the USO makes it back down there again one year.

Looking forward to seeing the results.

Hope to see you in Mississippi at the Futurity and Nationals this fall Jack.

Jeff

Hats off to everyone involved with the Santa Rosa. The running was outstanding,And a great group of judges. With improvements being made to the running grouds,The help of around 30 of the best judges around .The Blackwater should be as good or better! AGAIN GREAT JOB SANTA ROSA F.H.A.

BTT

i wish them kind of scores could b at the 2 grenada hunts that i have ben 2 this year. i was there 4 2 hunts and there was 1 derby trailing and 2 al-age trailing and that was it. and also there was no endurance at the derby southern states. yes can u say whoy that is hard 2 believe. i mite have 2 head 2 florida next time. kelly

Thats hard to believe that is the best place to have an outside hunt I have ever been too!!