​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
All Louisiana Dog Hunters

Well I found out why Weyhauser does not want any dogs on the property they own. A Livingston Parish( enough said)Hunter turned a truckload of deer houndas out and walked across a mans yard to drive dogs. Anyone with a fuctioning brain can see something wrong with this!How stupid can you be? According to the headman at Weyhauser he wants to stop dog hunting NOW!!!Will wait to see what happens !!

Re: All Louisiana Dog Hunters

Did you ever hunt Zemary Park? That's right it got taken away from you steal hunters for abusing land privileges!!!

All I was saying is you have bad apples in everything , don't go blaming something being taken away on other types of hunters!!!I wish they would make corn, rice bran and all other attractants ILLEGAL!!!!!DO NOT HUNT OVER THEM AND NEVER WILL!!!!!

Bull**** flag twice today

So Jimmy by you way of thinking a Still Hunter made that man turn dogs loose across another mans property !!!!

Nope I think that was retarded but half of what said in that post about not hunting over anything is bull****. And you are dog hunter because if you wasn't you wouldn't monitor this site so close. In other words your a two faced peice of **** for killing dogs and bragging about it on the other post. All I can say is u better not ever hope you roll that dog over and see my name cause by that time I'll be there cause if dogs do cross over the line I'm right behind them to catch them so always watch over your shoulder it might get HOT one day. So watch what you do or say

Well come on over to my private property and you will go to jail for trespassing!! FACT!!! And I do not hunt on foodplots or over feed !!FACT !I probably walk more than a 150 miles in August and September scouting and finding where deer travel !Now I run hounds as much as anybody ; but I do not hunt in the open because I do not want what I do to interfere with anyone else !!!When I go to a pen I do not put hounds where someone does not want them !!When I go deer hunting no one knows where I am !!!!The best thing US foxhunters can do is give up deer dog hunting and try to get still hunters to back the pens, if not they will be gone; and we all know there are mor estill hunters than dog hunters!!!I feed between 10 and 12 hounds year round, I do not deer hunt with dogs but I do still hunt!!I hunt in Red River, Thistlewaite and on my lease in Livingston parish and I do not think I bothered anyone in a many years deer hunting !!!So Jimmy wake up and realize what is going to happen unless something in the way doghunters conduct themselves as a whole changes and changes fast!!!

I fox hunt but i also deer hunt with dogs I'll never vote against dog hunting deer if they shut deer hunting with dogs I hope they shut it down all the way I think fox hunting originally started on the outside and I got started pen hunting to keep my deer dogs in shape and then got in to field trailing so my first love will always be deer hunting with dogs but have you ever stopped to think that if a dog came through your land he is not going to run all your deer off because I have seen bucks lay right beside where I was driving dogs and never move until I almost stepped on him and when dogs do run a deer if he ain't killed in a day or two he will be back to his area so I'm sick of all the bullcrap of whiny babies talking about dogs on there property its not like the poor dog is going to hurt anybody

Don't worry you and I will never have a vote. Just think who pulls the strings at the LDWF ; not me or you but a bunch of lawyers and beuracrats in Baton Rouge. Dog hunters have no friends left there!And trust me if it went to a vote tomorrow dog hunting would be over tomorrow! More and more little towns are becoming cities and all the city people are moving farther away from the cities and they do not want to see a dog much less hear one. So every time one of the *******es do something like at the top of page it is a major strike against deer hunting with dogs!!

my 5 year old niece could shoot a deer with its head stuck in a cornpile. and you call yourself being a hunter ????? bunch of TV hunters.

BAN BAITING and the dog hunting problem goes away.

This is the biggest bunch of Whinning crap I have ever seen in my life!!! If you don't deer hunt with dogs thats fine, shut up and mind your business, If you don't Still hunt shut up and mind your own business... Why do you people have the mind set that "IF I DONT DO IT ITS WRONG" If a man wants to hunt he should be allowed to hunt however he wants...How can you be a hunter but hate a form of hunting?? And HOW IN THE HELL can you be a doghunter and not support other forms of doghunting and put an ignorant post like this up....I support all types of hunting I mainly hunt the outside I deer and fox hunt with dogs....but I support still hunters, bird hunters, coon hunters whatever...I respect private property to the best of my ability but people think because they own a peice of land next to the forest the whole forest should be shutdown....A DOG DOES NOT HURT PROPERTY...Deer do not leave forever...Ive seen deer in a foodplot stand and watch dogs run other deer by and go back to eating...People think because a dog is on their property youve stolen from them...Its ignorant that you all are attacking each others forms of hunting....its STUPID a doghunter is trashing other doghunters...by the way the HSUS is gonna shut the pens DOWN but I guess you will just quit because you obviously are not a real HUNTER!!!!!!!IDIOT!!!!!!You sir have Diarhea of the mouth!!!Good hunting to everyone!!!!

GO BROTHER,GO !! ''HUNTERS'' IE... SPORTSMAN(AND WOMEN) ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A FRATERNITY. IN RECENT YEARS IT SEEMS LIKE THAT IF '' I DON'T DO IT AND I AINT FOR IT THEN IT'S WRONG '' ATTITUDE IS PREVAILENT IN OUR SPORT. REGARDLESS IF YOU STILL HUNT,DOG HUNT,BOW HUNT OR GUN HUNT WE,AS A FRATERNITY,SHOULD AND MUST SUPPORT EACH STYLE OF HUNTING OR WE WILL ALL GO DOWN AND GO DOWN TOGETHER;NO MATTER WHAT TYPE YOU ENJOY !! REMEMBER....UNITED WE(HUNTERS)STAND,DIVIDED WE FALL!! ALSO KNOWN AS DIVIDE AND CONQURE. ONCE A DOOR IS OPENED AND A LEGAL RULING IS MADE,NO MATTER THE OUTCOME,THEN IT IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO GET IT CHANGED BACK TO ''THE WAY IT WAS''. OUR LOCAL HUNT ASSOCIATIONS SHOULD AUTHORIZE(BY MEMBER VOTE)OUR LOCALLY ELECTED ASSOCIATION PRESIDENT INSTRUCT (DEMAND)THE STATE ASSOCIATION TO VOICE OUR CONCERN(S)TO THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION AND IN TURN THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION SHOULD CONVEY(MAKE KNOWN) THE CONCERN(S)TO THE APPROPRIATE PERSON AT THE LOCAL GAME AND FISH AGENCY. THE STATE HUNT ASSOCIATION REPRESENTATIVE SHOULD REMIND THE G&F THAT IS KNOWN THAT THEY ARE APPOINTED(IN MOST STATES)BY THE GOVERNOR AND THAT THERE WILL BE ELECTORAL REPRECUSSIONS IF A ''MIDDLE'' GROUND ISN'T MET!! I'M NOT SAYING IT WILL BE EASY OR RISKY BUT THE HUNTERS STOPPED THE ''GUN CASE'' LAW IN ARKANSAS A FEW YEARS BACK AND IF THIS SITUATION IS HANDELED CORRECTLY,THIS TOO CAN BE ADDRESSED AND STOPPED. BRIAN D. SHARP/DEPUTY DAWGG

So if I am sitting in the woods enjoying a nice peaceful day still hunting and a dog comes by running a deernot that I can see but I do hear. This should not bother me ? Get real when someone forces what they do upon someone else it is morally wrong !!And if a man does not want a dog on his property it is his choice !!That is what is wrong with most dog hunters; they think they have a right to turn their dogs out on their lease/property and are not responsible for where it goes i.e. "dogs cannot read posted signs". This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. That is a major reason deer dog hunting will be gone shortly in the state of Louisiana !!Oh and I wish they would ban feeding deer it would get a lot of so-called huntes out of the woods !!!!

Wrong.

MOST dog hunters keep their dogs under control because if they're gone, then you arent hunting.

There are a few bad apples for sure, and the anti dog hunters love to bring the stories up. Of course still hunters never do any wrong. I'm sure the game wardens are worried to death about poachers using dogs and not rifles..... see the point ?

And as far as standing united...that sounds great. Let me know when a still hunter praises dog hunting.

Radar liked your post in illinois we are not allowed to run deer at all or hunt over bait for deer. The property values have gone threw the roof out of a working mans hands that's for shure all for deer.when I first started hunting it was outside and every weekend we had $$$hole property owners yelling at us for dogs going thru there land they just passed a law about how a hound can follow his nose on someone eleses property and not get in trouble this deer hunting is big money crybaby crap that's all good luck to all.steve

steve loveless
Radar liked your post in illinois we are not allowed to run deer at all or hunt over bait for deer. The property values have gone threw the roof out of a working mans hands that's for shure all for deer.when I first started hunting it was outside and every weekend we had $$$hole property owners yelling at us for dogs going thru there land they just passed a law about how a hound can follow his nose on someone eleses property and not get in trouble this deer hunting is big money crybaby crap that's all good luck to all.steve

Not much difference between hunting over a corn pile and hunting over a corn field.

The only way this will ever work is for the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries to split the season in half. Make the first half-still hunting only. Make the second half- dog hunting only. This is the only way to get rid of the whinning and bickering.

Louisiana Hunter
Well I found out why Weyhauser does not want any dogs on the property they own. A Livingston Parish( enough said)Hunter turned a truckload of deer houndas out and walked across a mans yard to drive dogs. Anyone with a fuctioning brain can see something wrong with this!How stupid can you be? According to the headman at Weyhauser he wants to stop dog hunting NOW!!!Will wait to see what happens !!

Who is the headman at Weyhauser? Peyton?

Rob Chamberlin
The only way this will ever work is for the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries to split the season in half. Make the first half-still hunting only. Make the second half- dog hunting only. This is the only way to get rid of the whinning and bickering.

In theory, you are right except there will be a HUGE argument over who gets to hunt the rut in a given area. Also, the issue of running dogs on someone else's land won't get solved and would probably get worse, especially if they know that nobody is on the property because still season is closed. So.....come to think of it, it won't work. Good idea though.

Well why does a hunter who wants to still hunt only have to put up with dogs ?

98 % of the time they dont....they just refuse to get along.

Yea but that 2% is 100% too much !!!

see..... still hunter living in a perfect world - classic example of not wanting to get along.

How is it not getting along? If I buy property and do not want dogs on my property how is that wrong ? Most dog hunters needto stop living in the past; well my dad dog hunted here so I can to! NOT !!RESPECT !!If a man does not want dogs on his land keep them off and you will not have a problem! If that means not hunting within 2 or 3 miles of his property than do it !!!

Louisiana Hunter, have you ever put a stand on your property line and shot on the other side of it and be honest

I been reading these post and I just cant figure out why people let deer break up friendships. As many deer is it is there is no problem to kill a deer. A deer can never replace a true Friend. If you kill a deer what about the friends you lost. Stay friends and work it out. Good Luck Guys

I own several dogs I run coyotes with but I still hunt for deer in a dog hunting club. If you don't want dogs messing up your hunt still hunt during still season...true you do have rights and so do dog hunters...If a really big buck or a small one comes by and you shoot it then discover dogs ran it 3 miles from someone elses lease do you go and give them the deer,take their dogs out to the road or just get on the computer and gripe like some jerk ?

I do believe I agree with what and how you just said that 100%. That is how respect works. Thanks for the words of wisdom and not trash talk.

Well I will be glad when LDWF gets someone with a brain and start using natural and man made boundaries to divide dogs from still hunters!! The Mississippi river, Interstate 10 and 12 and so on! divide it up according to the typeof hunting clubs that are there, don't change it in one year do it on like a 4-5 year plan gives everyone time to move to hunt their type. And if one side is dog hunting give them equal days as still hunters get on the other side !!!

LA. HUNTER YOU OWN HOW MUCH LAND ?? I AS A AMERICAN

AND A HUMAN BEING HAVE JUST AS MUCH RIGHT TO MY

OPINION AS YOU DO !!! YOUR OPINION BELONGS TO YOU AS

DOES MINE !! LIFE MY FRIEND IS GIVE AND TAKE !! LETS'

SAY I DON'T LIKE STILL HUNTING "JUST SAYING" THAT IS

MY OPINION AND MINE ALONE. NOW I DON'T MIND WHAT A

MAN DOES AS LONG AS HE DON'T HARM MY FAMILY OR MY

HOUNDS !! I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT PEOPLE

ACTING LIKE FOOLS !! IT HAPPENS !!THE PEOPLE IN

CHARGE OF THE LEASE SHOULD THROW THIS PERSON OR PEOPLE

OUT !! WE IN OUR LEASE CAN'T AFFORD IT WITHOUT THE

HELP OF STILL HUNTERS,DUCK HUNTERS,BEAR HUNTERS,

RABBIT HUNTERS,COON HUNTERS AND THOSE THAT JUST

WANT A PLACE TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL !! I HAVE LOOKED

AT THE LEASE LAND IN LA. IT IS MOSTLY SMALLER TRACTS

THAT WEY. OFFERS. THIS MAKES THINGS ALOT DIFFERENT

THAN AROUND HOME !! WE LEASE 22,000 ACRES AND IT

HAS ITS OWN PROBLEMS BUT WE WILL POLICE OURSELVES!!

WE TOLERATE NO "CRAP" GOOD LUCK TO YOU !!! BUT THINK

ABOUT IT ?? HOW ABOUT A BUNCH OF DOG HUNTERS GET

TOGETHER AN SAY THE HECK WITH STILL HUNTERS !! YOU

WOULD BE UPSET RIGHT ?? SO WOULD I BECAUSE AT NO OTHER

TIME DO WE NEED TO STAND TOGETHER!! THAT IS GONNA TAKE

TOLERANCE !!! AND THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE !!!

GOOD HUNTING !!!

LATER,

M.L.M.

i think they should split up the season still hunters already get more time to hunt.

they should have a time to still hunt only and a time for dog hunting only.

when dog hunting is open still hunting should be closed.

and by the way i have never meet a dog that can read a posted sign they dont know there on posted land.

who gives you the right to say dog hunting should be closed what if all the dog hunters tryied to get still hunting closed they have just as many still hunters slipping on to posted property as they do dogs crossing it.

That is right dogs cannot read; but it is STUPID owners that cause the problems by casting and running dogs on still hunters and other peoples property!!A still hunter does not bother anyone until a dog or someone bothers him!I wish they would make it ILLEGAL to put out feed; do not use it never have never will!!I own about 150 acres lease an additional 1500 that the owner does NOT want dogs on!!UNTIL DOG HUNTERS TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR THE ACTIONS OF THEMSELVES AND THEIR HOUNDS DOG HUNTING WILL ALWAYS HAVE A BAD NAME !!!!AND WHAT I MENTIONED AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE IS A BIG BLACK EYE !!!!

ok well i was sitting in my deer stand one day and someone came up to the latter and started to climb up why i was hunting it. so your telling me they dont have stupid still hunters.

all you anti dog hunting people dont like when people tell you what to do so why do you want to take our rights away so bad .

and buddy im going to tell ya if you run fox dogs then you should know how much love us dog hunters have for our dogs deer hunting or fox hunting i grew up hunting with dogs and my uncle showed me everything he knew and i lost him he was 55 years old im going to tell you something then we will see how you feel then.

i had a pretty bad life growing up my dad drank all the time and never did a **** thing with me then i started running dogs with my uncle tommy palmer i had the best time of my life i loved it and i run dogs today because of it. every time i kill a deer or run my fox hounds there is not a moment i dont wish he was still here he tought me respect and how to treat people so do i get mad when you say do away with dogs you **** right i do that is not only my rights your messing with it my child hood memories your trying to take a way and im not going to shut up and let it happen with out a fight you sit in a tree and ill run my dogs and we can both enjoy deer hunting if the **** dog crosses your property so what you got 4 months to hunt you going to get mad because you saw a dog a couple of times.

if they turn dogs loose on your land then i say do something its not right but if a dog crosses there from running out of a club or anouther lease it happens get over it its not the end of the world.

i dont mean to get upset but enough is enough this is america i got just as much right to run my dog as you do to still hunt this is getting out of hand you do your kind of hunting and let us do ours.

if you got a problem with that you can kiss my dog running ass.i put my name whats yours

******* WHEN YOUR DOG COMES ON MY LAND HE IS INTERFERRING WITH MY STYLE OF HUNTING. WHETHER IT BE OCTOBER 1ST OR JANURARY 20TH I HUNT MY WAY AND DO NOT GO ON A DOG HUNTING CLUB SO WHAT GIVES YOUR DOG THE RIGHT TO COME ON MY PROPERTY? 20 YEARS AGO IT WAS NOT AS BAD BECAUSE YOU HAD MORE LAND TO HUNT. LAND IS GETTING SMALLER AND SMALLER. YOU CHANGE OR YOU GET LEFT OUT!!! WHAT I DO ON MY LAND HAS NO BEARING ON THE LAND NEXT TO ME. WHY SHOULD THE LEASE NEXT TO MY DICTATE HOW I HUNT?DOES NOT AN WILL NOT!! DOGS ARE COMING TO AN END ANYONE CAN SEE THAT; BIG LAND OWNERS WANT MORE AND MORE MONEY FOR THE LEASES AND THE LAWYERS AND DOCTORS ARE WILLING TO PA BIG MONEY FOR PRIME DEER HUNTING LAND !!I WILL GO TOMORROW AND CHANGE MY LOCKS AND BECAUSE OF THE WAY SOME OF YOU DEER DOG HUNTERS ACT NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO GO ON MY LEASE NEXT YEAR!!NOT TO LOOK FOR DOGS OR ANYTHING ELSE!!BUT YOU BUNCH OF LIVINGSTON PARISH HUNTERS KEEP DOING WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN DOING YOU MAKING THE CLOSING OF DOG HUNTING AN EASY DECISION!!!!

yall stop feeding this troll.if they (not sure if man or woman)felt so strong about this they would put there name on here. i bet that they are card carrying members of PETA and the USHS. bet they don't know the speed of the bow and/or the speed of the bullets they use. hey if you are a man(don't think so) grow a set and post your NAME

I'm sorry for being such a jackass to everyone but I have been picked on all my life for not being what they say a whole man. You see I don't know who my father is and I was raised by a house full of cats. That why I am one. Hiding behind this computer acting like I'm a grown man is just my way of flexing the only muscle I got my mouth. I wished I didn't cry so much but that's all I've ever done. The reason for me bashing dogs is because they want to lick and play with me and nobody ever did that with me before. Sorry if I mad anyone mad I'll go back to sucking my thumb now!!

I'm throwing the flag on this one. Sad thing is, some of the "dimwits" on here are actually gonna think the same guy wrote it. The poor grammar gave it away. I'm looking forward to reading a response from "Dog Hunter." Wonder what his sad story will be?

Sorry guys but i am too stpid to steal hunt so i needs a dogs to runs one buys me to shut at!

WOW 150 ACRES I BET WITH TWELVE TO THIRTEEN BEERS I

CAN PIZZ ACROSS 150 ACRES !!PLEASE DON'T EVER COME

EAST !!! WE DON'T NEED YOUR KIND IN THE GENE POOL !!

YOUR DADDY WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF TO LET THE ANTS

TAKE YOU OFF BEFORE YOU WERE CONCIEVED "NOW I KNOW ITS

GONNA BE TUFF BUT JUST THINK ABOUT THE ANT THING AND

YOU WILL GET IT " LOL !!! YOU ARE THE PROBLEM !! YOU

AND ALL THOSE LIKE YOU !! IF YOU PLUG YOUR EARS AND

TAKE A DEEP BREATH YOUR HEAD WILL CAVE IN FROM THE

VACCUM THAT YOU WILL MAKE !!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE

ABOUT TWELVE !!! I HAVE NEVER MEET A GROWN MAN AS

VENDICTIVE AS A PRETEEN GIRL UNTIL NOW !!! MAN IF I

LIVED IN LA. YOU WOULD BE TOPS ON THE LIST !! EVERY

TIME YOU LEFT THE HOUSE THE RABBIT SHERIFF WOULD BE

DEAD BEHIND YOU !! AND ONE MORE THING WE HAD A GUY

LIKE YOU AROUND A LONG TIME AGO AN WHEN WE GOT DONE

HUNTING AROUND HIS 2 ACRES HE SET IN THAT STAND A

LONG TIME BEFORE HE EVER SAW EVEN A BIRD !!!! COME

ON MAN !!! REALLY YOU KNOW SOME MEN CAN'T BE REACHED

SO YOU GET WHAT WE HAVE HERE TODAY YOU KNOW WHY

BECAUSE THATS THE WAY HE WANTS IT, SO HE GETS IT !!

AND ONE MORE THING THIS BOARD IS ON THIS THING

CALLED THE INTERNET!! YOU KNOW ?? YOUR UNCLE AL GORE

MADE IT !!! LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LATER !!!

No dog hunter Ive ever met in my life wants his dog on property its not wanted!!! We cant hunt there so why would we want them there!!!All we want is to hunt. if one of my dogs gets on private no I dont go get it if I think that man is in there hunting because me or my truck will scare a whole lot more deer off than a dog barking... I KNOW I STILL HUNT and have watched it. Like i said you DON'T DO IT SO YOU WANT IT CLOSED...

Hey MLM Stupid learn how read ; I HUNT MY 150 PLUS 1500 THAT BELONGS TO A FRIEND ! THIS FRIEND IS ALSO A JUDGE SO WHAT WE WANT ON OUR PLACES WE GET !!!AND ALSO THERE IS 2 HUNTING CLUBS AROUND US THAT DO NOT WANT DOGS ON THEIR LEASES EITHER!!!IF THAY TAKE A VOTE DOG HUNTING WILL BE OVER BEFORE HALF THE VOTE IS COUNTED!!!THE LITTLE **** ANT CLUB THAT HUNTS WITH DOGS TO OUR NORTH IS THE ONLY PROBLEM WE HAVE AND I HEAR THEY JUST LOST A BIG PORTION OF THAT LEASE TO A BUYOUT BY A PRIVATE INVESTOR!OH WAIT LET ME CALL THE JUDGE WE MAY HAVE GOTTEN MORE LAND FOR STILL HUNT ONLY!!!!!

I guess if my dogs ran a big buck off my land on a still hunters land then they not going to shoot him because he is being run by dogs

so why is he even up here ********* if you have a problem with that club and you have friends with that much money just out bid them and then you dont gotta worry about it. If im a rich man and I buy a mansion next to a hog farm would I go to the state and ***** about all hog farms in the state and try and get them outlawed or would I sell my benz and buy the dang hog farm next door? I understand you dont want people dumping out dogs on your land to jump a buck to run back to their club. That is illegal so your ***** about that is irrelevant, call the law if you dont like it. But you claiming you shoot dogs that wonder on your land after running all day is nothing but plain ole murder. I bought a house in a gated community my neighbors yorkie comes in my yard every morning and takes a dump you think I need to bust out my 3006 and blow him away and claim he scared me so bad I was in fear for my life? your an idiot for even saying that, and it plain ole wouldnt fly in court. you just havent been caught yet. Yall La boys must be chicken is all I know this guy would of been burnt out a long time ago if he was east my way hate to say it but its true.

I done told you I get my ass whipped all the time by my friends over the crayons and construction paper and please don't burn my treehouse because I won't have nowhere to play deerhunter. I wish my friends would quit beating on my and saying I talk to myself but he is a judge and we do whatever we want alone

Greetings to US,
It is amazing that United States still exist. What we need is a Dictator. Some of you people have no concept or idea what damage you are causing to the "hunting" society this young country (most of you have no clue of the birthday of this country or the age because you were to busy worried about what other folks were doing when it was taught) is facing. Why can't we all just get along? Well, it really doesn't matter. When the respective state government assemblies see this crap (which will surely be provided by HSUS) they will atleast outlaw deer hunting in some form ie. dog hunting because it always stands the least amount of scrutiny (Folks gnawing at the ear of the electorate).
What a shame. I want to know the answer. Well, dog hunting is only a "problem" in states where there is not a population (people) problem. Who has the answer? In Alabama, several counties no dog hunting allowed. On a stretch of I-59 in about a 40 mile stretch I saw approx. 6 dead deer in the median from what I will assume were hit by auto's. The problem will be solved within the next 20 to 30 years. I have a prediction. Deer have no problem with multiplying absent disease. If people do not control mother nature she will control us. Alabama will be the first to have problems with disease and disaster because of lack of deer killing (pawpaw did not kill a doe and I won't either).
Would like to know the obsession with hunting in a tree stand or house. No, not a "smart alek" question. Please tell me the excitement of "waiting". I do not understand. Are the horns that tasty. I doubt it. A slice of good steak is much better and cheaper. Yes I am fat and do like to eat. Why all the fighting on here. As in my previous post, it is you fanatics from both sides that ruin it for the rest of us. Oh, I forgot, if I can be of service to a mediated settlement or agreement to this mess please call on me. 256 636-4666

If you guys read the first comment you would understand why Dog Hunters in Livingston Parish have a bad name. And George as far as theyorkie a ball ping hammer works just fine !!!!

LA hunter it's against the law for you not to allow somebody the right to go get there dogs off your lease. It is also against the law to shot a hound on your property if it has a collar on it. It does not matter if someones name is on it or not as long as it has a collar. There or bad apples in every kind of hunting and we can't change that. But remember you have to give people the right to get there hounds. I'm sure you ran dogs when you were young deer hunting. Dog hunters try and make sure there hounds don't get on other property but there dogs they go were the game goes. They don't say well today I'm going to go on LA HUNTERS property. That's all I have to say. And just maybe if you respect others they might respect you. And by the way I know land owners that won't leaseland to still hunters so what does that tell you. And please put your name on here it's no big deal just better when you know who were talking to. One more thing still hunters hate dogs but as soon as they get hogs on there lease the first thing they want to k ow is if somebody knows somebody with hog dogs and if they stop deer hunting with dogs then what's next squirrel, bird,rabbit, any kind of dog hunting is gone PETA and the other groups don't care what kind of hunting it is. They just want it gone so we need to stick together in all hunting so try and go talk with the dog hunting club and get along. And if you don't believe me about the law ask your judge or the guy last year that shot a deer hound on his place he is still paying for it and NOT HUNTING so try and remember talking might get you some where not shooting dogs or making threats with your judge

You cannot go on someone elses property without their permission !!You better go and check your facts !And yes a hunter can defend his/her self from any type of attacks; dog; bear; bobcat; mountain lion; etc.!!!Check your facts and the guy that was convicted had to be a IDIOT any **** poor lawyer could get him off!!!!!

Just to clear it up so nobody gets any bad advice. You do not have to have the land owners permission to retrieve a dog in the state of Louisiana. Just can't carry a gun onto their land. As long as you are unarmed, you are completely legal. I have checked the facts. Gonna have to do better than that buddy. Like said many times before. You can't categorize every dog hunter as one person, just like you can't categorize every still hunter as the same person. Just as many outlaws in each category, and just as many good, honest people in each. Not fair to label either type just because of the bad ones. As for me, I enjoy carrying on the tradition of dog hunting that was handed down to me by my family, to anyone that wants to give it a shot. I also respect the people who dont hunt with dogs because the biggest majority of them aren't like the person posting on here. They are good people that were just taught different than we were. Not wrong, not right, just different. Saying that, I Appriciate the still hunters that do still support dog hunters as simply a Different way of life. Sorry for the length, just had to put in my two cents for the good ones on both sides. Happy hunting to everyone, whatever way you choose.

YOU MUST HAVE A LANDOWNER PERMISSION TO GO ONTO HIS PROPERTY!! YOU CAN BE ARRESTED AND PROSECUTED IN THE STATE OF LOUISIANA!

They are right a cow dog and a hunting dog have the right to go anywhere at anytime in the state of Louisiana and you have the right to retrieve them unarmed at anytime. You really need to check your laws. If it's not true then state the article where it was changed and I will call myself wrong but it's always been that away.
Good luck and let them hounds roll

1 2