​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Colby

Don't imagine many Blue Jay games make it to Missou. Here's a Colby-update for his former and current fans in the Cardinal Nation.
He was pretty up-tight the first few games. The trade, Dad vs. LaRussa controversy, new league etc. Looked OK in field, not so much at the plate.
Probably the best thing to happen to Rasmus was Brett Lawrie's promotion to the AL. Home-grown Canuck swept aside Colbymania. Let him relax and play his game.
He looks like a speed burner but with that kind of Mickey Rivers-shuffle-glide that makes it hard to guage.
Has gotten turned around on fly balls a few times but out-runs his mistakes. He' s the first real center fielder the Jays have had since Vernon Wells actually was Vernon Wells.
His arm, instincts and baserunning look OK, but haven't really been tested.
What IS amazing, now that he's relaxed and is showing what he can do is this -- the ball just JUMPS off his bat. He looks like a skinny speed demon but this kid is STRONG. Hit one in the upper deck in rf in Oakland last night that was a shot! Has lined a few frozen ropes off the fence for extra bases.
You were right. This kid can be a PLAYER.
See Dotel has been doing in ST. Loo what he was doing in TO when he left -- shutting em down. He started slow but was pitching great at the time of the trade and looks like he's kept it up.
Also see they got Arthur Rhodes and shoved Zep to the back burner. The young man pitched great in the early part of the season but as the only lefty in the Jays pen, he got used a LOT. Hope he's healthy. If he is, he's good. When he's on, he throws strikes. When he's not he's wild and batters load up by getting ahead in the count.
Cards had to make a move, being in contention in Albert's free agent year. Hope things turn around.
Again, Rasmus looks like he's going to be a key part of a young Toronto team that's just starting to show what they can be.

Re: Colby

ERIC LIKE I TOLD YOU ALL HE NEEDED TO DO IS RELAX AND PLAY BALL LIKE ITS FUN AGAIN...NOW HOW ABOUT TRADING HIM BACK FOR TLR.. SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TRADE TO ME.. I THINK HE WILL MAKE A GOOD PLAYER IF HE HAS THE CHANCE...

Re: Colby

No chance, but we'd deal him for Whitey Herzog -- if you throw in Willie McGee.