​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
WHITEY

Whitey I hear a rumor that you may be getting a flogging put on and your hounds like you have never seen.can you enlighten me about this.thanks,ED HIS NICKNAME IS POUND PUPPY

Re: WHITEY

Ed, There seems to be a great deal of unrest and inter-tribal warfare in the Nation lately.
As a friend and admirer of the Nation this concerns me. Some of your people are busy eating ball park franks and shooting male bovines when they should be preparing their hounds for the onslaught of the great Walker hound breed that is so superior in both quantity and quality.
It is completely unfair to continue to let the Kearbeys, the Stahls and Brenda wage this one-sided war on their own.
You need to whip up a potion to get the Big Chief, the War Chief and the Soup Chef back in the riggings.
I've hesitated to get involved in an inter-tribal scuffle, but I just can't stand the thought of the Great Walker Nation losing such an easy mark.
Good luck, old friend. Keep the kettle boiling and don't pass the mustard.

ERIC YOU MAKE MY MOUTH WATER

That is mighty kind of you Eric, to try and mend fences for the Nation---Please let me know if there is any way I can help!

Ted, You could maybe take the Soup Chef a couple pounds of good, Canadian back bacon. Get him off this hot dog kick he's been on.

Goes in one ear and out the other, Eric just made me hungry, IF ERIC AND TED COULD HAVE HEARD THOSE TEN JULY PUPS RUN THIS
MORNING THEY WOULD BE ON THE WAY TO GA. 6 month old

Ed, As we get older, time passes so quickly. What seems like six months is actually a year and a half.

Eric...Is that to say they subscribe to the theory that "pups are pups til their mama dies"????

First time I ever heard that was at the "first" pup hunt I ever attended....bout 9 years ago!!

Ye folks of great experience....is there any truth to the above????

I'm always tryin to learn from ye of great knowledge.....even if some are "julie pop" owners!!

Sounds like an internal feud brewing within the "Nation"!! Maybe time for a new "potion"!!

ALAN BISHOP
(JABBER JAW)

Never fear my "snow ball" buddies. It's an obvious, bait and switch. any seemingly unrest within the Nation only provides cover for the oncoming assault. My eyes are damp over your concern, so, to show my deepest reguards, please bring all the Loonie's and twoonies's you can find and head to Ga. so that I can arm you with the weapons you will need, should you venture into the Nation's unrest

The Nation, forever united, under God and Julys

RODNEY,
AFTER READING SOME OF THESE POSTS I KNOW OF THE DAMPNESS THAT YOU SPEAK OF. IT STARTED IN MY EYES AND ENDED IN MY SHORTS!

Cheer up, ya big lugs. Before you know it, you'll be right back to the same big, happy, dysfunctional family that you always was.

Eric you are the "MAN".

Sonny, Take good care of Ed and Rodney. In Missouri, they'd be considered normal but in the rest of polite society, guys waiting for the July hound to surpass Walkers are kind of like those waiting for the Mother Ship to land.
When the last Nationite is herded onto a reservation with padded rooms, it will be like the buffalo herds disappearing -- the end of an era.

ERIC AND JUST WHO IS GOING TO DO THE HEARDING...IT CANT POSSIBLY BE THE WALKER CALVERY...THEY EVEN NEED DIRECTIONS TO MAKE IT TO THE FEED PAN...THE NATION DONT HANDLE DIRECTIONS VERY WELL...

Charlie, When the great Nationite war chief, Geronimo, was laid to rest after decades of terrorizing society in general, it was carved on the leg of his burial plaform -- 'He don't handle directions very well'.

BUT ERIC GERONIMO DIDNT HAVE TATER FOLLOWING HIM AROUND...SO THE BEST IS YET TO COME...

Charlie, I believe the best is yet to come in mid-September when brother Ted arrives with a truckload of high-powered hounds from the North.
Joel plans on staying home and working on his chipping and putting and trying to get some of his strange looking hounds started. Since last spring, he's taken up golf and says he finds it a great source of comfort.
Ted, on the other hand, is ready for everything you can throw at him. He's even bringing an interpreter so he can speak to you in American.

ITS POSSIBLE HE COULD BE SPEAKING IN TONGUES BEFORE HE LEAVES....[NATIVE TONGUE THAT IS]... BESIDES HE HASNT MET WILDMAN YET...

Charlie, I'm afraid to even ask....

Ted is in a state of deep depression. He ran his "SPEED" in the Quinte this past Friday planning on it to be a tune up for his great southern/western adventure with Mr. Nielson. Both hounds tore there feet off so this morning I had to e-mail J-Rod with the bad news that I would not be there. Mallen's pen was extremely angry that day. I don't beleive either had ever had a pad off prior to this. I am BLUE!!

Ted, Maybe it's for the best. The presence of so many fine Walker houndsmen should have a civilizing effect on even, Wild Man. Things should be quiet for our next Missouri adventure.
Heard the Quinte was very tough on feet. Mallens gets kind of ugly in August.
Did hear one disturbing, unsubstantiated rumor -- Richard Carroll, a fine, veteran Walker hounds man -- is reported to have placed one, two, three in the derby. The disturbing element to this is that one or two of them are reported to be, uh, non-Walkers.
Say it ain't so, Ted.

Your info is almost correct Eric. Indeed Richard did place 1st and 2nnd and placed a third. congrats to him! Jeff Brennan won the A/A. Jeff puts a lot of time in with his fleet at Delmer Seale's pen. His work paid off in spades. My source tells me only 23 of the 140 some that cast finished the trial. Back to the drawing board!! Again!!

YES THE RUMOR IS TRUE ABOUT RICHARD CARROLL PLACING THEM NON WALKERS AND WINNING THE COMBINATION BUT THEY WILL BE A YEAR OLD SOON..CONGRATS RICHARD.......RIDGE

Roger, He placed one of them in a one-day a few weeks ago. I pulled his chain a bit and assured him they wouldn't do two days. He assured me they would. Looks like I was kind of uh, non-right.
Maybe they won't do three.

Eric please do not refer to a JULY as a non walker this is very degrading, but wait......I could call those mops of yours non July but in your case I could say non all JULY.

Ed my friend,pleaseeeeeee, treat our AMBASSADOR WITH A LITTLE MORE RESPECT.Eric has a wealth of knowledge that you and the nation cannot comprehend.

Thank you Sonny for the much needed support. This is so out of character for Ed. I think he must have been sampling some of his own libations.
Referring to these fine Walker hounds of mine as mops. I've heard them called a lot of things, but mops was never one of them.
Come to think of it, the 'non ALL July' was even more degrading. They are 104 per cent Walker and I have papers to prove it.

Eric--You never told me about that extra 4%---Where can a man lay his hands on some of that?

Just in the PAPERS Ted

A few of them are doubled-up, Ted. Accounts for the xtra percentage.

I do suppose that "doubling up" is in reference to line breeding? I must assume that is the reason for the longer than normal hair and an occasional blue eye?

Rodney, The 'blue' you see in they eyes is simply a state of mind July owners enter when they look at a good Walker hound.
The long hair is merely adaptation is our non-warmish climate.
Hope this clears up matters for you.

I'll take you at your word on the Blue eyes,as I continue to look for that elusive "good" walker hound . I also accept the fact that your non-warmish climate would make a good excuse for you to add a little "more" non-walker into your breeding program . Who knows, that may even get you a spot at the non-losers circle,in Mo.

Rodney, You heard Ted. We're going back to the drawing board. Results will be forthcoming, uh, shortly.

Gentlemen, I compliment you all in improving and carrying on the July breed, I have finally got to the point of being semi retired and plan to attend a few local hunts and as these young hounds mature try to show what these Eastern Julys are capable of, just want them to hold their own. My bloodline is the oldest around that I know of My Uncle Jack Branton when he was alive used to tear up the field and bench shows at the National. My hats off to Mr D.A. Kirby for his work in producing some fine looking dogs on the bench, him and his sons have brought their line of dogs a long way. Mr Ed you should remember what my Uncle Jack accomplished in his day. I have kept this part of the Bloodlines as pure as anyone knows it along with very few others, just my choice. You gentlemen should see this last 15 pups in the future, my problem is I have no coyotes at present just red and grey fox but it teaches them what their nose is for they shouldn't have to see what they are running all the time, later as they progress I will add a few coyotes to help get their heads up more,so they can show their speed. My other Uncle was catching deer on a regular basic before he passed away, if the deer didn't make it to water some would get caught. Let's all keep trying to make our dogs even better we have to keep moving forward the old dogs are behind us they are our history now let's make ours. James McCroan

Man, new July guys are popping up here like ragweed after a rain.
It's almost like a Ghost Dance revival for the breed. Better days ahead. The horrid Walker breed will disappear. Life is peachy.
It's a great dream, guys, but maybe you should check out how the original Ghost Dance movement ended.
Bury my heart at the Big Valley.

ERIC IS YOUR HEART THE ONLY THING THAT EVER GOT BURIED AT THE VALLEY????

Charlie, Not really buried. Just stomped on and scuffed up a bit. In the words of the immortal George Armstrong C. -- ' I shall return.'

I HOPE SO WE DONT WANT TO RUN YOU AND TED OFF YOUR TO MUCH FUN...

OUCH!!!

Pull that arrow out and keep firing.

Alas....the seasoned warrior cautiously used Julyoxins on his arrow, for the slow working effects of Julyownerism to slowly seep into the Canuks that he is trying to befriend . but due to the soft tissue created by owning walker hounds I'm not sure that his arrows will have any effect.

Rodney, Up here we have polar bears, polar bars, polar night and bi-polar bears. Julyoxins are just another hazard we'll learn to avoid.
Besides, why switch to Julies -- they started out black and tan, then grey, red, beige and now snow white. Next, they'll be spotted. Can u see the difference?

Eric,
I understand the complexity of the situation you find yourself in. Just you think... those walker hounds your feeding used to be 12",then 14"..20" and now some are even 26" tall,but they still just make a lot of noise without going anywhere and some have even lost the ability to run a Hare. .

Rodney, No wonder you have been avoiding Walker hounds. You have them confused with beagles.
Beagles are short-legged, spotted hounds with good noses that feature line control and because of physical limitations lack the kind of speed found in premium fox hounds.
Beagles are motorized golf carts. Walkers are Ferraris. Julys are dune buggies with small gas tanks.

OUCH AGAIN!!

SMALL TANKS AND HIGHLY EFFICENT FINLY TUNED ENGINES...THATS WHAT MAKES THEM SO ARODYNAMIC AND LETS THEM MOVE LIKE A SHADOW INSTEAD OF MOVING LIKE A WALKER HOUND..[ WORK HORSE ]...

Eric, I guess in your definition of a walker that also means they have to have a good solid road in order to be in the RACE

It simply means they are smooth running machines able to maintain high speeds over long distances -- the prototype of the American fox hound.

Charlie, At the end of the day, all you've got is a slightly more efficient dune buggy.

THAT IS READY TO ROLL AGAIN TOMORROW INSTEAD OF BEING LAID UP FOR A WEEK WAITING FOR THEIR GAS TANK TO REFILL....

1 2