​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Oh Woah Is My Cardinals---

Fred, I think we might have been a little hasty when we deported Carpenter from Canada a few years ago.
We'd gladly take him back and give up our closer, Jon Rauch since TLR obviously likes and needs relief pitchers. Watching big Jon serve up a few long balls might even cure him of going to the bullpen -- ever.
If that happens, you might as well start rooting for the Jays, as we'd have most of your top players. Maybe we could even sign Albert for a couple million and some good maple syrup.
Seriously, it's a shame that Pujols will likely only be afforded by a hand full of major league teams. They need a hard salary cap or just make it a six team league.

HAHA IF THE JAYS WERE ONE OF THOSE SIX YOU WOULDNT FEEL THAT WAY ERIC -AS FOR THE CARDS IAM WITH YOU ON THAT FRED THEY NEED TO KEEP ALBERT AND FIND A MANAGER -IT AMASES ME THAT HE HAS SLIPPED INTO 4TH IN HR'S AFTER BEING ON THE DL -TEX HANDED IT TO THE R-SOX GO TEX --YANKS 1-1/2 UP NOW -DAVID BAILEY

David, I rooted for the Montreal Canadiens when they had a monopoly on NHL prospects coming out of Quebec. Glory days.
Now there is a fairly hard cap and the Habs, like everyone else, have to work for a living. It's a better set up.
I can remember great baseball teams coming out of Oakland and Kansas City and Minnesota and Pittsburgh.... etc. Hate to see small market teams reduced to feeder clubs like KC was to the Yankees back in the 60's.
A few wealthy teams keep throwing more and more money at the best players. Ticket prices shoot up til only companies subsidized by tax breaks and the wealthy can afford good seats on a regular basis.
Is making 15 million a year as opposed to five really THAT important? The working fan can't afford tickets but thanks to tax breaks and municipalities building stadiums for billionaires, he's still paying for 'The Show'.
Like to see a bit more balance and sanity prevail, then see if Theo is a genius or just a spoiled rich kid.

I HEAR YOU ON THAT - I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IF THERE WAS THAT MUCH DIFFERENCE IN MAKING 5 MILLION INSTEAD OF 15 MILLION - I GUESS ITS JUST A SIGN OF THE TIMES WE LIVE IN -I SEE WHERE BAYTISTA KEEPS ROLLIN ON -MAN HE HAS HAD A GREAT YEAR -DB

Fred come on over to Americas team the Atlanta Braves we have the hottest hitter in baseball Dan Ugla and the best closer Craig Kimbrell and we have still got 39 tear old Chipper just hope we can go all the way.

David, I was ticked at our previous GM for signing middle-aged, mid-level talent, which I considered Bautista to be.
Have never been so wrong about a ball player. He's got on base, hit for average, with power and in the clutch. He has a great arm is a good fielder and a smart and aggressive, if not particularly speedy runner.
He's been a joy to watch.
Pujols is one of the great talents of all-time. He's made millions of dollars and if the St. Louis Cardinals can't afford to keep him, most teams can't.
Somehow they think we love the business, not the game.