​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Ogeechee River 3 Day

The 41st annual Ogeechee River Field Trial and Bench Show will be held April 18-21, 2012 at the United Fox Pen in Swainsboro Ga. Enter hounds Wed. the 18th. Bench Show will be held Thursday the 19th at 7:30pm. Call Jake or Ellen Patrick for numbers @ 912-728-3411. If you haven't been to the United Fox Pen lately, you are in for a suprise. The running is absolutely the best I have seen it in the twenty plus years I have been going there. We have 30 or so well qualified Judges invited. This one should be one of the best hunts we have ever had. Dont miss it.
God Bless
Bobby

Re: Ogeechee River 3 Day

Btt

We had our meeting tuesday night to finalize plans for the 2012 Ogeechee River Three Day. It is shaping up to be one of the best yet. We should have 25-30 judges,to score your hounds. We have just purchased a new computor and have the program in place from Mr Wride. This will help get the scores out a lot quicker. We also have four tons of feed to be given away. At this time we have over 14 breedings to be given away from some of the top Stud Hounds in the nation at our raffle. Also lots of other great things to be given away, with more to come. As I said before the pen is in outstanding shape. It should be all the running the hounds and hunters could want. Dont miss this one, it may go down as the best Ogeechee ever. And dont forget the Georgia, South Carolina{friendly} rivalry. Look forward to seeing you there. More to come.
God Bless
Bobby

BTT

Hear marvin DeLoach and darvon freeman are packing the heat for the ogeechee!

That would be total true statement coming from you.

Not in my pedigree to tell a lie mr marvin!

Bobby Parker, I think I overheard Uncle Gomer say he wanted 5 or either 6 numbers for the Ogeechee....you may want to call him and double check just how many it was.....He said you and Marvin told him yall would pay the entry. He is taking a bulldog, 2 cur dogs, a lab, a chow/boxer cross, and a bluetick.....

Why is he taking yours. He should take his own. LoL!!!!
God Bless
Bobby

I would like to no if you are go to feed him and pay for his room and gas to get there before I pay his entry fee.

NOT!!!!!
God Bless
Bobby

btt

Mr. Bobby I hear you have a nice hound with a little color to it maybe red !

Yeah JJ, got me a red dog. Not sure how nice he is, but he is red. I want to place one so bad at the Ogeechee, I got a red dog. LoL!!! Give them boys something to talk about anyway.
God Bless
Bobby

I hear Bobby Smith is the person to watch he is bring some strong heat. He the person that won last year hunt and is not giving it up the title with out a fight.

Mr marvin,
There's a difference in me going this year than last year...I don't have a super star like johnny Jane to load up! I hope all of ludowici is strong at the ogeechee...we been on them hounds hard and having fun doing it!

I hear prime time kennels is gunna be tough! Who else? Hunt isn't far away...who's bringing heat?

I heard they have the pen rolling. Should be a tough hunt with some good hounds

The pen is absolutely the best it has ever been in the 20 plus years i've been going there. This one will be one to remember. Some of the ones to look out for are Freemon and Son Kennels, SWS kennels, Smackdown Kennels, South Ga Poor Boys Kennels, Bobby Smith, Phil Hicks, Mater, and the rest of that crew, not sure if Congaree Kennels is coming or not, but watch them if they do, All In Kennels,Jack Prescott, Bobby Cambell, Claude Roberson, and more than I can remember right now. Oh yeah, can't leave out Buck Island Kennels. My sleeper is Tubby Cowart. Don't count him out. Anyway, a lot of great hunters and hounds will be there, with one thing in mind, " WIN THE GEECHEE. " Good luck to all.
God Bless
Bobby

Mr bobby it is gunna be a great hunt for sure! I sure hope lady luck follows me go the hunt again this year but if she don't I promise I'm going to have fun no matter what! I wish everyone the best of luck and safe travels.
God bless,
Bobby smith

Bobby, hard as you been hunting them hounds, at least one of them has got to place. You got some nice hounds.
God Bless
Bobby

I know for sure Mr. Smith is holding one lil nice gyp. Good Luck to everyone who attends. Should be a tough one!!!

Andrew text me bud...lost ur number

Ran up at Swainsboro last night. Awesome running. Cant wait tll next week.
God Bless
Bobby

Mr bobby...the running was great! Its gunna be a hot and dry hunt for sure but if I had tough dogs like u and mr marvin I would be happy about that

Bobby, if I remember right you boxed us. You must have some pretty tuff hounds yourself. One thing for sure, it will be on next week. I hear the South Carolina crew done claiming this years title. What you going to do bout that?
God Bless
Bobby

I think the S.C. crew is living in the passed there no way they can come to Ga. and beat us. It good they came dream.

Mr bobby I only boxed ha cuz I had a gyp tht went a lil nutty...but I will take it any way I can get it lol...I can't do anything about the sc crew crossing the river and coming for revenge! They always have tough hounds.

Mr marvin...we all dreaming to win this one!

Kitty, Kitty, Kitty. Gonna come back to bite ya'll. LoL!!!
God Bless
Bobby

S.C. boys will win the calcuta 2 out of the three days.One of those being the last day.

Thats a welcome challenge but you will not take our Calcutta in derby or all age. These boys round Georgia been tuning hounds to run on the front end!

There will NOT be enough room between those S.C. hounds and the game for a GA. hound.

S C crowd will be tough like always! I will take a second place crossing everytime plus about 65 to hunt and 50 trailing. Lol

Just a little update for ya. The Ogeechee is only a few days away. Hunters are still calling and getting numbers. If you haven't got numbers yet, it's not to late. It's gonna be a heck of a hunt. We have 4 tons of feed to give away. The HGA winners will recieve a really nice hat, and a nice blanket, along with lots of dog feed. We have 14 free breedings to be given away at our raffle. Also to be given away at the raffle, we have a BBQ Grill, CD Player, DVD Player, several Knives, Lounge Chairs, Tracking Collars, 50 dollars off Tracking Collars, free pen running, and lots more. Make plans to be there. You don't want to miss the Ogeechee River this year, it may go down as the best one ever.
God Bless
Bobby

Lock and load fellows! This is the week. Lets here everybodys predictions for derby and all age winner. Will there be a double repeat or will somebody new claim this one?

I'm hoping for a repeat...def wishing everyone good luck tho. Gunna be fun! Hicks kennels will be tough, leebo, bobby Parker, marvin deloach, reddot, tubby, there they r again, Bub and bay, Jerry Stapelton, etc etc etc...everyone gunna be tough. Everyones been workin there dogs hard...no way to predict this one. Good luck n god bless

Meant to add darvon freeman....he's been on fire

I agree,everyone is going to be tough,but there is an old man(HAHA) out of Fla. coming who is double tough.I'm not going to mention his name(see if you can guess).I will give a hint,he carries only white dogs and he's from Florahome Fla.Wish I could be there,but I don't have anything that can compete with ya'll.Have a good day today,and a better one tomorrow.John

Mr John there's a nose guard from Newberry on the way too and he's been crackin skulls

I like a little L/W female from SC to pull out atlaest the Dual Ch if not the Field Ch.

I would said she is the right color but the wrong state Ga wins it all.

Come on John, Mr Howard will be glad to let you borrow one. He's got several good ones. He will be tough for sure.
God Bless
Bobby

better watch out for the sapp brothers

I think there will be some tough hounds coming from all around. I'm sure those SC hunters are coming their guns cocked and ready. I know Bobby Smith has his hounds in shape and ready to role, maybe even trying for a repeat of last year. Good luck to everyone should be a great hunt

Just found out yesterday, that Allens Outdoors will be coming to the hunt. Thanks for coming. Hunters please support him, he's coming a long way, and fuel is very expensive.
God Bless
Bobby

When are you guys going to wake up. As long as you run by national rules you are always going to have a second rate hunt. Don't look back that time has come and gone. Sock it away in the memories folder. It's time for move on.

Mr collins be there Thursday morning and see if your hounds can get in the speed and drive of this second rate hunt

Ogeechee is far from a second rate hunt. No matter what dog wins it...one thing is for sure...its a nice hound. We shouldn't be knocking down hunts weather they are masters or national but support the sport and the building up of fox hunting and field trialing! Good luck to everyone and god bless!

Mr. Collins, opinions are like cell phones, everybodys got one. You are certainly entitled to yours. But so am I. Second rate? Don't think so. The Ogeechee River has consistantly been the largest hunt in the state of Ga for years. Even in these challlenging times we had over 400 entries last year, and should have that this year. I would like to personally invite you to our hunt. Bring the best you have and see how they do. I'm sure you have some great hounds, even though I've never heard of them, or you.
God Bless
Bobby

If u want to mrcollins go run grey hounds. We on the other hand will be running some of the finest "hunting" hounds around this week. I stress hunting. Bring your hounds on Mr Collins. Heck we might could even take up a collection just to pay for a couple of your hounds just so we could see what you are holding. Thanks and happy hunting Kurt or whoever u are which really doesnt matter. Its a computer so you can be anyone you want unless you show up in person.

I've been to the Ogeechee River, have you been to the World Cup at Lancaster, SC or a hunt at Olney, Il or watched the sunrise at Stoney's. My hounds do have greyhound in them and so do a lot of hounds that have papers showing full blood Walkers. You guys crack me up. Maybe you have just never seen a fast hound run.

1 2