​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How many do you have?

Was talking to a few hunters an they got to telling me about how many dogs they had! Boy they had a lot more than i can feed! So how many do you all have pups grown dogs an brood gyps?? I only have 2 thats all i got collars for an all i can feed an run right now! Thanks an God Bless!!!

Re: How many do you have?

I'm down to 24 hounds the least I had in a while , but I do have a couple of brood gyps breed !!!!

I don't like to count......8 gyps I kept to breed.....2 are bred.....7 running dogs......3 pups 9 months.....1 pup 8 months.....3 almost 5 months....2 almost 1 year.....2 old males I like....1-13 year old gyp that will die here.....Just got rid of 8.....Could get rid of more....

Had 54 at one time, I have 6 grown, 3 pups 5mt old, an 3 beagles. Dad has 6 grown, an 3 beagles.

Down to 23, the least I've had at one time in quite a while. Have had between 40 and 50 at many times. Like to run 15 to 18 at a time and have 3 older brood gyps and 2 older male dogs that I am raising pups from. No summer time pups though, won't breed anything until the end of summer.

Feeding 30 right now. 3- stud dogs, 13 brood females, 5 running dogs 1yr, 4 started pups 7 months, and 5 pups 3 months. 20 coyotes and several fox. Big feed bill, but this is the sport I enjoy, breeding, raising, training, running my hounds, and hearing a lot of good pups run and talking to all the hunters that use my facility. Thankful to be living my dream and occasionally getting a good one.

I have 10 and 6 pups. I thought I had a bad feed bill until I seen you guys post.Makes me feel a little better.lol

You guys that are feeding 30 dogs, how much feed do you go through?

I'm feeding 23 and feed 2 bags every 3 days, buy a pallet of 21 every month and it pretty well makes it for the month.

I'm feeding 30 head with a few bred about 3 1/2 sacks a week.but I've heard of people having 100 head or more.good hunting n God bless

I'm guessing I use about 3 sacks a week.....I get 4 pallets at a time and use as needed.

Wow, our hobby's get expensive.

I have only 3 running hounds 1 old gyp 2 puppies

Got 5 grown dogs, 2 -11 months old, 1- 4 month old, 6- 8 month old, 2 brood gyps, one of them due tonight the othe in a month, im feeding 2-50# sacks a week of showtime( blue bag)

To dang many ...sometimes I wonder what in the heck are we thinking but it just boils down to we love it .... r just stupid ha ... happy hunting

I have 32 walkers and I hadn't bought a sack of feed in 3 years. Mine eat chickens. Thank the Lord for my chicken house. That s the only reason I like chicken houses.

Well guys, I got fifteen head of hounds. Now it looks like i will have three more added to my pack. Well I guess this is why we love this sport. Always trying too get the best hounds that money can buy.

8 old dogs, 1 running age hound, 1 puppy (7 months).
5 gyps bred right now. 1 to Humpy, 3 to Humpy's sons, and 1 to East Coast Holiday.

My dad and I have 5 runnin hounds 1 brood gyp thats just been bred and 3 7 month old pups this is the least we've had in years.. Gotta love this sport

Wow!! Thanks for all the good clean responses!! Good to see that we all the love the sport of hunting with dogs this much!! I have enjoyed reading all your post Thanks an God Bless!!! Jourdan Green