​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
ATTN: INFO ON GERALD FROM BAYOU BILLIONAIRS

Do any of you guys know how to contact gerald from the show. Were in need of support for hound hunting in california. the antis are at it agian and now want to ban bear and bobcat hunting here SB 1221

THANKS TRAVIS 805 291 9023

What state has the best ( fastest ) hounds ?

I know this is crazy, But I am from TeXas but feel
like we are a minority when it comes to hounds.
My opinion IS That LA has the rest covered. If you take Lakehills , Valintine and Teat ( 3hr hnts ) and the whole Pinky nation. Might be wrong but as a whole I think they got us coverec. What some other opinions ?

Re: ATTN: INFO ON GERALD FROM BAYOU BILLIONAIRS

318-445-7454

Re: What state has the best ( fastest ) hounds ?

Come on! ARKANSAS of course

And the little Piggy went oinking all the way home after the beating they took last weekend at Kountry Korner by the state of Louisiana. I may be wrong but I think it something around 14 places out of 20? Lol. And that was in the best thicket they could find.

Come to the flat open wheat fields of Kansas and you will see FAST
You didn't say they had to be running anything

I dont believe the KC pen is the Only place in Arkansas

la u look at the breedings on the dogs in 90 percent of field trials the top 10 were breed or raised in la

Im from VA. and thats a easy one its without a doubt NORTH CAROLINA if u dont believe it then loads yours up one day and take a trip dont get me wrong theres some nice hounds in central VA. but as a whole its NC.

thats funny wirght there now i dont care what u think

Now all this has been enteresting for sure, but wouldnt it be great if some how we had a way to use the leaderboard points and lets say take either the top 5 or even 10 from each state and hold a championship hunt for the bragging rights of the STATE that has the best fieldtrial hounds, and dont give it to the hound that wins the hunt but to the state that has the most points in the hunt. kinda like conbinning the score from each state,A pack hunt with the best from each state making the pack , GUYS this would be fun seeing each states hunters working together to beat the rest, And 1 payoff could be wich ever state wins , thats where nextyears hunt could be held, just thinking outlowd and trying to come up with something possitive to talk about.
Shelby

Look at your major hunts (money hunts, Masters, Nationals, Top Gun, etc). You will see 2 things consistently. La and NC. Alot of the NC dogs are from the mid south, but from experience, a fast dog out west and mid south may or may not get in a race in SC, NC, or GA. Different terrain, different environment. Now, I have seen down south and out west bred dogs that where trained in Eastern NC go all over the country and hand out whippings inside and outside the wire. In my opinion, it boils down to where they are trained, where they are ran, and how they are cared for. NC and SC have more preserves in a 300 mile radius than the rest of the country has combined. All in all, bred down south, train and run in the southeast, you should be able to go anywhere and get in a race. Great Topic to post on

Bring those N.C. dogs to La. more. Always La. going to N.C. Just a few hunters that travel. Lakehills Decote and Smith Tic Turd kennels and look at their record. Not to shabby for playing in your backyard

Here's a list of just a few dogs that were breed & born in Louisiana that have won all over the country !!!

Lofton's Jeremiha L
LOFTON'S Godfather L
D&S Doc
D&S Mighty Man
D&S Gambler
J's Tin Top
Valentine's Gus
Thompson's Pinky
Butler's Clown
Lakehill's Ike

now there producing champion's , does another state have claim to this many producing stud dogs ? fire away boys !!!!!

Trent 5 of the first six dogs on your list were bred by one Kennel. Never realized this until you listed them.

WBT ,Kearby,Stahls,Thistlehill,Burnt toast,Thundering herd,OQ's, just to name a few! MISSOURI

Triva let's see if they know who the kennel was or Men !!!! lol

Fastest? Louisiana, no doubt about it!

Most versatile? Mississippi, no doubt about that either!

Best fox dogs? North Carolina, no doubt, cause there ain't too many foxes in LA and MS.

Trent I don't know that that list is as strong as you claim as far as "WINNING" all over the country. I could go for maybe won one here and there and placed a few times but thats not "WINNING" all over the country. Course I guess it's all about your definition of the word. --of coarse if anyone would like to post the"WINNINGS" on each one and the state thats on Trent's list it might be interesting.

State against state ,real good idea

Trent you forgot to mention a couple more nice stud dogs that have produced some nice offspring and champions.
Brushy Creek Rowdy
Valentine's Stoney
Wilson's Punch
Scott's JoJo
Hemphill's Trouble

Mississippi has the hounds that have won and the smartest answer here is producingggggg on if you need names bogue,canoy and ladner.if you need more if pinedale clown in almost all are hounds and probally one of my favorites canoys ringo these hounds were tested trialing and produce hounds that won.and how can trent list all them hounds winning he is at work and it would take alot of time nc hunter dreaming load them barn burners and go to the la state and let them boys show you what speed is dont worry they have grey fox in there....lol

NC Hunter I shoudn't even reply to you, But here's what I know !!!!!

Loftin's Jeremiah L
IRHC FEILD CHAMPION
COMBINATION CHAMPION
BEST IN SHOW

Martin Hill Classic, Ruston La
Feild Champion
duel & combination champion

Morehouse Open Champion Bastrop La
dual & Comination champion

La State 5th hga Jena, La

Lofton's Godfather L

La State feild Champion

2nd hga Texas State

2nd hga Martin Hill Classic

2nd hga breeders cup

Valentine's Gus 2007 world cup Champion Jena La

D&S Gambler 2nd hga 2008 master's

Lakehill's Ike

top gun feild champion 2009 pamplico, SC

La State feild Champion

2008 Top Gun 3rd Hga Creedmore, NC

2009 mASTER'S 5TH HGA Creedmore, NC

2009 world cup 9th hga Andalusa, Al

D&S MightyMAN

2ND HGA 2008 TOP GUN HAD 1710 PTS LOST BECAUSE 1ST HGA HOUND GOT 10PT HUNTING SCORE LAST DAY BUT THAT HOUNDS TOTAL WAS 1560PTS

2009 MASTER'S 4TH HGA CREEDMORE , LA

4TH BREEDERS CUP ARKANSAS

BUTLER'S CLOWN

Central La feild Champion

2010 masters hga 4th Pamplico, SC

Thompson's Pinky man I don't Have all day to write what this hound has won , all of above have placed in 3 hrs to 5 hrs all over , this is just what I remember NC hunter I'm still waiting on your List you want me to start it for you since you don't Know Your Name & East Coast Dylan thats a start for your list !!!!

If not for Webb and Ely Miss. could not run in a Masters Hunt.

Trent now your not paying attention to the post. "WINS" is what you said"Winning all over the country". 2nds, 5ths and all that aint "Winning". So as I stated, put the "Win" with the state and the dog and then look at the list. And by the way I am not taking away from any of these hounds.

Steve don't need to load up and go to Louisiana, I can see speed here and grey fox. Plus I don't have anything worth hauling that far but I'm like ALOT of others, still trying.Sorry I'm not as far along as you are.

Your right NC hunter you can stay home & see enough speed & drive because ya'll have bought truck loads of pups & running dogs from Louisiana Hunter's the last 5 yrs for ya'lls breeding program !!!!!

Now Trent,that I will not dispute

But I did just buy me 2 lil pups from Cliff Parker last month out of East Coast Holiday , but I have picked a few from ya'lls side the last few years !!!!!

Well you gotta do what you gotta do. Them Holiday's has faired rather well.

They aint but 2 things that come Up out of La that is voodoo Dolls and Alligators

if you want real runnin nc all the way dogs gotta be alot more durable to handle the thick and water and everything else if you wanna site race then yea out west is better but hey i'd just go getta a grey hound for one of them 3 hr site chases

and creedmoore is the complete opposite of what 90% of the rest of the pens look like in nc a greyhound would work good in there too

Trent your just wasting your time with them east coasters. No way you can compare apples to apples. Only way to find out the real answer without an argument. You can't just compare winners that a stud dog has produced. You look at the stud dogs they have on the east coast and the fact that they have one or two 3-day hunts just about every weekend over there compared to our one a month or every couple months, you just can't compete. Now if we had some way to see how many offspring each hound produced, how many hunts the offspring were entered in and won. I personally think our stud dogs would have a better average. Just my personal opinion. I think the Shelby was onto something though. Someone should get a hunt together that comes from the sires of the year standings. Just say the top stud dogs from each state after the finals points are calculated. The top dog in points from each state will have 5 offspring eligable to run for bragging rights. All dogs can be owned by the same person or all different individuals. I think it should be up to the owner of the stud dog to decide who runs represents his stud. For example if Mighty man had 2000pts at the end of the sire of the year and Godfather had 2005pts. Godfather would represent louisiana that year. Godfather would then have 5 offspring eligible for the hunt. Bro. Don would then get to choose what 5 hounds out of his stud dog get to run, weither he owns them or not. This is just an idea, but I think something along those line could be very fun for us all. Then you could have bragging rights every year.

2 things have been proving today , ya'll admit we breed faster hounds and whether its NC hunter or Eastern Carolina hunter replying its the same result hiding behind a fake name, man makes your whole state look weak. Were only 1100 miles away I won't drive over and get ya'll today

FACT IS 5 OF THE TOP TEN IN THIS YEARS MASTERS WERE FROM NC -DB

Buuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttt Mr. David the one year they came to Jena it looked like the Movie Nightmare on Elm Street only a few Die Hards ever came back across the big Muddy that was the year some well known hunter from there predicted a sweep they got one in

If I'm not mistaken 4 out of the top 10 are out of louisiana stud dogs and 10 out of the top 23.

Well lets see 359 dogs cast and after that first day of the fastes barn burn running in the history of the masters the top dog was trained ,run and bought from what state? Dang sure didnt come from LA MS NC SC The dog didnt win but took the DOLLORS HOME

2012 Masters Calcutta King
Well lets see 359 dogs cast and after that first day of the fastes barn burn running in the history of the masters the top dog was trained ,run and bought from what state? Dang sure didnt come from LA MS NC SC The dog didnt win but took the DOLLORS HOME

Same dog has a scratched L beside him also where he couldnt make the whole hunt!

Rob this is what I come up with

4 are out of La sire's
3rd,5th,8th,9th

2 are out of Arkansas sire's
1st, 10th

2 are out of NC sire's
2nd, 6th

1 is out Missouri Sire
7th

1 is out South Carolina Sire
4th

I rest my case !!!!!!!!!!!!

You might want to check out the 2011 World Cup results.
Fast dogs.
Fast dog pen.
3 days of stand on the gas.
And La, Ark, Miss, NC,etc,etc were all there.

Trent Hollingsworth
Here's a list of just a few dogs that were breed & born in Louisiana that have won all over the country !!!

Lofton's Jeremiha L
LOFTON'S Godfather L
D&S Doc
D&S Mighty Man
D&S Gambler
J's Tin Top
Valentine's Gus
Thompson's Pinky
Butler's Clown
Lakehill's Ike

now there producing champion's , does another state have claim to this many producing stud dogs ? fire away boys !!!!!

Has Lofton's Jeremiah L, Godfather L, Doc, Gambler, Tin Top, Gus or Pinky ever WON or placed ouside of Texas or LA? I think Mighty Man, Ike and Clown may have won or placed in NC at Creedmore b4 but just making sure you know what your talking about when you make such a bold statement like this!!!!

another hunt that prove's my point

Louisiana sire's
1st
3rd
7th
8th
9th

here's one for everybody Webb's Redgirl louisiana breed & raised by Aubrey Dale Cooper kentwood LA

CALCUTTA KING, YOUR ANSWER IS THE DOG WAS PURCHASED FROM MISSOURI!!!! IN ALL AND ALL THE BREEDING PROGRAM MAY NOT BE FROM THE MIDWEST BUT THE FAST ONES THAT EVERYONE IS LOOKING FOR IS TRAINED IN THE MIDWEST!!!! KS,MO,IA,ECT. JUST LOOK A WHILE BACK PEOPLE GOT SCOTTIE FEVER. RAISED RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MISSOURI. WANT A DOG TO RUN A COYOTE DOWN, BETTER LOOK IN MISSOURI, IOWA, KANSAS, OK.
THE ANSWER TO WHICH STATE HAS THE FASTEST DOG SHOULD BE OKLAHOMA BECAUSE IF IT'S FAST HARLAND STONECIEPHER WILL OWN IT SOONER OR LATER! GOOD SHARE OF HIS COMES FROM MISSOURI, KANSAS, IOWA AND HIS GANG DOWN SOUTH WHICH IS LA!!!!

Trent , Rob and Lovelady You guys all know the best( fastest) hounds come from IOWA!

While all of these are good answers I dont think it matters which state they come from , I think it has mostly to do with the man training and handeling the dogs .

HOW BOUT THE FEMALES WHERE DID THEY COME FROM I ALWAYS HEARD RHE BROOD WAS ABOUT 75% OF WHAT MADE A LITTER-DB

I agree with who trains them, how they are trained, and where they are trained. I live in Eastern NC and we have some of the best dogs in the country. We have alot of hunts and more preserves than any other state. With that aside, I have dogs from several different states. I like a variety. I have a stud dog from La (Turdhill) right now. I have broods from Pinedale kennels and from Hoehner kennels. It's all in what pleases the most important person, you. I would like to see a battle of the States at a couple different locations. That would be interesting. Oh yeah, the hound that won the Calcutta the 1st day at the Masters and went down the 3rd day with an injury.... Is a real hound. I have had the pleasure to judge him and he can flat do it.

Mr. Murray that dog was trained and made the dog he is in the Ozark Hills of Missouri ! Probably one of my favorite young dogs that I have finished out ! I'm sure blessed right now because I have four younger versions of Jake right now and they suit me and make me smile so I agree if they suit you that's all that needs to happen period!

Trent I'd say we might have spared enough berween the two of us earlier to cause a small riot now. Peace out my breatheren

1 2