​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Track Running Hounds

I've been wanting to know everyone's opinion on this topic for quite a while, but in your opinion, what bloodlines produce the best track running hounds? Fox, coyote, or deer, what hounds can do it all?

Re: Track Running Hounds

Liquor is Quicker most can light A fire under a nanny

liquor
Liquor is Quicker most can light A fire under a nanny

Fact is not many hounds can run A track to many are bred to Score 35 points not to stay Hooked Up

That sure is a true statement fast dog.... But some of us dont breed to run in a fox pen..... It's all about a good dog not a fast one

When I first experienced running liquor dogs it was on the outside running deer. Most hunters believed they wouldn't be ble to handle it inside the wire. They were fast track running dogs. Well what you know. I took them to the pen and they could handle it just fine. I have bred a little of everything in my hounds and have tried it all. Nothing I have tried has the noses,grit, heart, and speed to do it with than the liquor bred dogs. You can pound them and they just keep coming back for more. Nothing I have found has the kind speed I want and the kind of toughness I like other than the liquor bred dogs.