​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Southland Open One Day $$$$$$$$$$$

The First annual Southland Open one day buddy hunt. This hunt will be held Sat. May 12 at Old 74 Hallsboro, NC. Cast at daylight and run 5 hours, entry fee $100.00. If you enter a hound you must judge or furnish a judge. I will pair the judges up with one another, announce the pairings before cast and everyone will vote on pairings. Each pair of judges will turn in 1 score sheet. If judges do not agree on crossing there will be no scores for that crossing. Guy’s if someone cheats at this hunt, we will all know who it was, you the Hunters. This could be a lot of fun and a great opportunity to see what you are feeding. Old 74 is as well stocked as any pen in America. If there are 30 or less hounds entered we will pay 5 places, 31 or more 10 places. Hunt will be run under SRHA rules. I would appreciate any feed back positive or negative. For more information or numbers call Ray Casteen 6-10 pm @ 910-457-6080.

Re: Southland Open One Day $$$$$$$$$$$

Ray, I love the idea. I really think all 3 days should go to this format(maybe not the hunters per say but atleast judges paired up). I think that would stop alot of this talk about buddy hunting and judging. I was at this same pen a few yr's back when we had a buddy hunt there. It was a real success in my book.

Great format! If you have a way to post the score report on the top hounds with the judges names listed, I think that helps too. We all need to try to get back to hunters judging their own hounds and reduce the expenses associated with a field trial.

Thanks Heath and we will make judges shetts available to anyone that would like to see them.

Forgot payback min. 70% 200 hounds $14,000.00

btt

Top 10 will receive Pide dog food