​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For Sale

I have for sale a 8 year old registered Quarter Horse Gelding. Approx 14.5 hands... Has been roped off of a little. Just won't put out the effort he needs to running calf. Wouldn't put small or inexperienced kid on him but an older kid with experience would be ok. Just needs to be ridden. Sorrel in color.. I just don't have time to do him justice... Hunting too much I guess...$1000.00 Call or text 870 416 5667 If you call and no answer, leave a message and I will call u back...

Re: For Sale

Forgot to mention.... I would consider trading for a work horse or mule that I could plow garden with..... Are there still some of those out there??????

I got 4 mules all weigh around 1000 pounds each. I don't know if they would plow or not but anyone that would like to try and make a work mule is welcome to come get them. I had big plans but not enough time or money to make it happen. One of them I really figure has worked seems to know the gee and haw commands but I have never gotten a harness to try her out and see.

That would probably be quite a show.... Me behind a mule that we aren't sure what it will do..... Probably could charge admission....

i would pay to watch that

Yeah, you and probably several more........

When I was a kid I skidded logs and pulpwood with a mule all day. From about 5 on I could harness and drive them but they were some good ones. I wish kids today had the opportunities I had to work their summers. Dad kept the summers fun but baseball and softball were on the if we get time list. 5am up and out to the woods home at 4 to 5pm then a quick supper before we went out until about 10pm hauling hay for hay and stacking it off in these old houses. Yeah my son jumps out of bed at 6am and goes to the school and lifts weights every other day and thinks it is just so hard. If only he could spend a summer like I grew up doing. What's bad I wish that was still what I am doing instead of sitting around writing my history on here.

I understand what you mean Mike.... We are losing our local culture... What kids know now is more from what they learn from the computer or sattelite tv... Even the ones who do work in the hay don't know what its like to be stuck back in a room of an old house stacking. Or having to turn it on edge and stick it through a window... They just back a gooseneck trailer in a big barn and kick it off now....

I get so tired of hearing kids of today say im just so tired! Time i was in the 4th grade i got up and helped my dad milk before school come home and milked again then went and played ball in a gym with no air .worked from 430 every morn tilltill cant every nite. my dad always said idle hands get n trouble so he keeped mine full of something

Helped on a milk truck delivering milk house to house before school. Started at 3:oo A.M. and out run every dog around trying to get me to help buy school clothes. My dad lost a leg in WWll but still helt down 2 jobs to raise a family. Taught me to work for what you want because no one was going to give it to you. As I look back those were good old days, didn't have time to get into trouble for working. If only this young generation had experienced this I think they would have appreciated life more and not took everyhing for granted. Then came the fox dogs and this became the enjoyment of my life, hunting and working. I am sure that some of you have hunted all night and then worked all day. Loved It. Also Coach loved to see a good quarter horse work and a good mule plow. Couldn't beat that.

Around here they are kinda like kids that know how to really work and know what it is like to do without... few and far between.... You know the sad thing is that its not just the kids nowadays that don't know anything. Its sad how many of their parents don't know how to do things... We are turning out very smart kids from our schools (book smart), but very few with much common sense... They can do things as long as someone is there telling them step by step what to do...but most cannot be shown the materials and told what the end result should be and be left to do it.... They won't get half of it done. Don't get me wrong... I love kids. I'm around them everyday.... Its just sad how much things have changed in the last few years.... Oh for the good ole days, right!

Mike where you located

Western part of arkansas just south of Russellville. Little town of Plainview.