​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cutrers Reptor X Spires Nona

Seen an heard alot of good things about both hounds I got a gyp off these cross she is a pretty solid gyp.... Clear tenor mouth that has tha glue to stick!!! She has pups now.... I know all about tha dog I breed to is an everything he is off of!!! Just wonderin about this gyp...... Greg Morrison had these gyp when a buddy of mine got her from him.... I thank he said mr Morrison field trialed her some but idk for sure.....I don't field trial alot Mayne 3 times a year.... I don't really know how she did but pleasure huntin she is as solid as they make em just keep gettin stronger all night an up in morning..... That's just what tha dog was I breed her to so should be tuff a nails that's what he throws big strong solid tuff dogs that just keep comin...... So we will see what happins lol. Any info will help. Thanks!!!

..........Cutrers Reptor

Skeeter

...........Spires Nona

Re: Cutrers Reptor X Spires Nona

Btt

talk to jeff almand about reptor. he can tell you his history. i have a female off him that is very good. on the other side, nona was a real good female if i am remembering the correct dog. haskill spires had her when she was youger . haskill could tell you everthing about her. hope this help you out. lh

Actually reptor stood at my barn for about 6 years.When Charlie Jr.told me that W.G.said he was gonna sell him we decided to him to cross on a couple Leon gyps we had gotten back.We actually pleasure hunted him for a couple years.The first cross I made on him and red lady was the cross that Johnny George and Lemonade,the only ones we kept here.Before Katrina we were able to let these pups train on the outside.Icouldnt do that after the storm,too much traffic on highway by my house.Now I think these pups were a little specialbut I made that cross 5 time.Almost 40puppies the same cross,although some decent pups,none like the first litter.Im not shorting reptor any but the bottom side of these had been around my barn for years Pryor to reptors arrival.I know that Jeff bred him and W.G. raised him and trained him but most of years he lived on Bailey Loop rd.Not trying to be contradictory,but (Look it up)

Thanks man. Was he a tuff dog or heads up type 1 day dog

He was a good solid dog,the type that I liked .when you turned him loose he all business till the end.Up in years when we got him but would still go all night .We didn't need him for a running dog but would take him to keep him in shape.I ran with W.G. One night at the crying range when reptor was young and I remembered that he did a good job into the next morning
every now and then when you breed your own hounds you have to bring in some outside blood
He worked out good for us.we always used the same dogs for everything from 5hours to 3days and successfully for the most part.I think old nona was bred in my barn butI would have to check the records my son kept on all the gyps he was bred totaling appr.15 to 20 To answeryour question from start to finish ,heads up enough and tough enough or he never would've been welcome here.Good luck with your pups.I think the bottom side of them will do their part

Who did you get her from, just curious.

Andy,for curiosity sake I never said I got her from anyone ,but Mr.Haskel brought several gyps here to different males and she could've been one of them .Its a matter of record.l 'll know when I see the list.

My gyp came from Greg Morrison.....

This has been a good solid gyp an age ain't botherin her

charlie, i learn something today. never knew reptor history and that you had him at your place. just remember him as a good hound and most of that was from word of mouth from different hunter. haskill had run nona at my pen in her early years and she was a real good hound. i thought reptor place in some local hunts in his younger days. is that correct. lh

Hello Leroy,he possibly could have but I don't remember.W G ran a lot by himself and I don't know how much he trialed him if any.I know he sired some good dogs for us but I can't give all the credit for Johnny and george because they were off good stock bottom side and the way they were trained running red fox right here thru my neighbors fences .That will teach one how to get around .The same way old brown Crowder and bossie learned before Katrina put to much traffic thru here. Look forward go see you Leroy.

Haskell Spires owned Nona and bred her to Reptor while he was at Mr. Charlie's place.I purchased Reptor from Charlie Jr. when he quit hunting.Reptor was a good hard running solid hound that could really drive his game.He had an outstanding Mom and dad and came from a litter of really good hounds. WG did very little field trialing but kept good hounds.Reptor lived to be 13 years old and was the fastest truest breeder I have seen as he didnt fool around even at thirteen.I got several fine hounds from Reptor but as with any stud you have to breed a good female.He has some fine hounds out there and I would say without a doubt that Johnny and George were two of the finest hounds to come through these parts.The bloodlines you have will work for you I am sure.If you need any further info you are welcome to call anytime.

Thank you guys I really appreciate tha info this little gyp is tha same type as dog as what your all describing in Reptor an tha bloodline tuff with alot of runnin sence ...... I love tha dog I breed to he is not a speed demon thats gonna kill ya for 4 hours he is tha type that will run with plenty of speed that just keeps comin an comin an comin track runnin fool.... He has a good clear mouth that ya no after one time of hearing him. Only Breed a Hand full of gyps breed to em an tha pups are just as good as him I know a few that money can't buy. Of course some crosses don't work that's just a chance I'll take lol. Thanks again for info!!!

Charlie, my question was not directed at you, but to Oak Wood. We let a fellow down close to Oak Wood Kennels take one that was out of that same cross and was just wondering if it was her.

10-4 Andy

Who was it???

I got this Gyp from Obie Williams (round Mtn kennels).....
Obie said he got her from Greg.... Idk if it's tha same Gyp or not..... She is bwt more spotted than blanket back clear mouth an I'll have to look but I'll thank she will be 4 Andy.....Sound like her

Sounds alot like her, may be a littermate. The fellow that got ours is named Chris McGovern, I believe. He was running her on the outside.

Hummmmm where was he from Andy

He is from South Ga.

I don't know him..... I don't thank this is same Gyp maybe where Greg got her that idk but I'd say it's a chance it could be her...... It really crazy how far one can get an come back lol

mr charlie, i had one off of that cross that was called toc's red reba and was changed to everwoods red reba, she came to va from la and she was a good hound, took her to mr almands last fall and bred her to the stinger j dog. he let me bring reptor up here and i bred him to a gunstock casper gyp i have. i will be taking some of this litter to pooles fox pen to the md state hunt this weekend to sell if anyone is interested. this is the last litter off of reptor born 1-09-12, that were all walker, i bred him to a walker/july cross that had a litter 1-12-12 also unfortunatly, reba died when her pups were 5 days old i managed to raise 3 of them but i sure hated to lose her, she was fast and tough, wayne lucy

Mr.Lucy,we had two red females I think was off the fourth litter that were mates that went to toc kennels via Adam Faunce.I can't seem to separate them by name now. One of them was extremely good looking picking up traits going back to when I bought Stewarts Buddy and crossed him on my Red wings gyp.sorry to hear she died but I like to hear the two words fast and tough put on the same hound though it might be a rare combination it is possible.Thanks

Andy, thats the little gyp Ben had and sold to Bub.

Must of been a lot of pups in litter or was this cross made Many times??

As I look back Oakwood ,you're the one that started this subject with the first post.I don't know what the term (fourth litter)means to you but it means at least four times I made this cross but I made it 5times.Its recorded in the litter enrollments if its important to you.Now I've got plenty time to play on here if you need anymore Information.

Ya after I posted it I looked back an u did tell me that it was made five times.... Thank u for all the info on this little Gyp.... Thanks for tha help Charlie I plan on keepin this Gyp an breedin her a cupple times down tha road.... Thanks again!!!

You're welcome sir and good luck in all your endeavors.