​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puppy Hunters

Needing some feedback. Thinking about having a hunt August 25, 8-29 old pups. Got a lot of young coyotes running good and want to see how this pen can handle a hunt with young pups first. 40 acres and some very fast running and you will be able to see all the crossings you want to. Several hunters have asked me about this saying that they would like to see how there young pups stacked up early. $40 entry, $15 pen, pay back $25. Judges furnished and will be some high scores. Wanting 25 pups, but might take 30 nos. Just wanting some feedback if any are interested and if there are enough pups this age to have a hunt? Located just off I-20, Simsboro, La. 8 miles west of Ruston, La.

Re: Puppy Hunters

I would like 1#.

Braoadway you know what the running will be like, can I get 25 pups this age, this time of year?

Rodney I think you'll get 25 pups easy , I had 46 pups 2 weeks ago at my hunt & my pen is only 60 acres had 2 class under 10 & under 13, alot of guys are puppy hunting these days, good luck

Thanks Trent, just didn't know how many had some this age.

ill take 2

Trent I thought they caught most where we was sitting , you had 20 to many there !

Your gonna loose game at a hunt plain & simple if it were a perfect world all the dogs would run a track & not by sight & run up and down the roads head hunting ambushing game. But Rodney's Question was would he get aleast 25 hounds yes he'll get them & still have people wanting #s, but grow a pair fox pen if your gonna address me, I lost 4 coyotes at my last hunt the 2 previous hunts I lost 1 coyote 29 hounds, 38 hounds but all the 11 judges said the same thing about this hunt there would be 5 running the game & the rest coming from every direction ambushing.But just Like I told Heath Davis , BB , Judge Teat and few others that was on the hill coyote's are born in litters like dogs you can get more of them, I have the means and plenty of money