​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ivy Lee Howze

Ivy Lee Howze, Sr. loving father, husband, grandfather, brother, and friend passed away at his home on August 18, 2012. Born January 21, 1940 in Independence, LA, he was 72 years old, and a lifetime resident of Walker. He retired from the insurance industry where twice during his career he was awarded The Man of Year honor. As a very active member in his community, he was involved in many civic organizations and he organized and contributed to numerous charitable events and causes. He was an avid fox, rabbit, and deer hunter. As a member of numerous hunting clubs, he had attained many lifelong friends and buddies from around the country.

He is survived by his wife of 52 years, Suzanne Aydell Howze, six children, Nancy Howze Martin and husband, Tony; Ivy Lee Howze, Jr.; Theresa Howze Wheelis and husband, Craig; Dennis and wife, Klacy Collins Howze, Michael Howze, Stephen and wife, Sheila Manske Howze. Six grandsons, Daniel Martin, Jacob Martin, Ethan Howze, Jordan Courtney, Austin Howze, and Luke Howze; one granddaughter, Cora Howze; and one great-grandson, Gavyn Martin. One brother, Malcolm and wife, Katherine Miller Howze; one sister, Rebecca Howze Morgan and husband, Jerry.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Lee Leonard (Kelly) and Lillie Cockerham Howze; one brother, John Allen Howze, Sr.; one grandchild, Madelyn Howze.

Pallbearers will be Greg Aydell, Lynn Stafford, Terry Howze, Gary Don Palmer, Jr., Jody Palmer, and Jordan Courtney.

In lieu of flowers, the family request donations be made to St. Jude Children’s Hospital or charity of your choice.

Visitation is at Seals Funeral Home in Denham Springs Monday, August 20 from 5pm – 10pm and again Tuesday Morning, August 21st from 8am – 10am followed by a service and burial.

Re: Ivy Lee Howze

JORDAN, YOU & YOUR FAMILY ARE IN MY HEART AND PRAYERS BUDDY..... IVY LEE WAS A FRIEND TO MANY MANY PEOPLE.
HE WOULD HELP YOU IN ANY WAY HE COULD.
THE FIRST DAY I ARRIVED IN BATON ROUGE, I CALLED HIM AND MENTIONED I WAS LOOKING FOR A JOB. 30 MINUTES LATER WE WERE EATING LUNCH, VISITING CATCHING UP ON HOUNDS AND WITHIN AN HOUR I WAS STARTING WORK AT GRECO'S PET & VET SUPPLY THE FOLLOWING MONDAY.
YEARS LATER , I MOVED TO BROUSSARD , MY BOSS HAD SOME TRAVEL TRALIERS FOR SALE. WHO WAS THE FIRST IN LINE TO BUY ONE, YEP IVY LEE.... AND SENT SEVERAL PEOPLE TO BUY OHTER ONES...
YOU WILL BE MISSED BY MANY, OF WHICH ONE INCLUDES ME..
RIP MY FRIEND....
JORDAN, I'M ONLY A PHONE CALL AWAY, DAY OR NIGHT IF YA NEED ANYTHING...... GOD BLESS YOU ALL...

Sorry to here bout ur grandpa jordon u and ur family n our prayres

Jordan....Very sorry to hear this tragic news.....My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family...

I just wanted to say thank y'all
All for the support and phone calls
My grandma wanted me to ask for as many fox hunters that can make it tonight to please come. She said that there was one thing he loved was foxhunting!
God bless y'all all