​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
All Age Hunt,Georgiana, Alabama

September 22, cast time Daylight. No dog limit, $50 per dog, $30 payback to winning dogs. Lawerence Philpot will be Master of Hounds. For #s contact Lawerence at 334-382-2500

Re: All Age Hunt,Georgiana, Alabama

How many hours is the hunt going to be?

Sorry guys, 5 hour speed and drive.

Will there be any scratching

Will be decided by the hunters,

I vote for scratching. When will this be decided, i would like to know ahead of time.

Scratching will be in place

how far is the pen from hattiesburg ms

Probably around 3 1/2 hours.

BTT

BTT

how big is the pen

I'M NOT SURE,BUT THEY CAN ROLL IN THERE.IT WILL BE AS FAST AS THE DOG WANTS TO RUN.THEY CAN JACK IT BACK IN THERE.YOU WILL SEE A PILE OF CROSSINGS.

You boys asking for scratching may get more than what you are bargaining for.There are a lot of people that have different opinions,here is mine.In a pen like Ken's,those fast dogs are going to shine & those tough dogs are going to have to pull harder than they are use to.Watch & see if this don't happen.5hrs in this pen aint like no 1000 acre pen.They are going to be coming & going as longs as there is something to run.It's going to be something to see.

GOT A LIL OVER A WEEK,WHO'S THE ONE TO BEAT.

WILL IT BE FROM HOME STATE (AL)OR IS SOMEBODY COMING ACROSS THE LINE TO TAKE IT BACK.

Hope everyone brings their heat, Goodluck to all.

WE ARE STILL COMING SUNDAY.IS ANYBODY COMING TO RUN W/US SUNDAY.

IF ANYBODY WANTS TO RUN W/US,THEY CAN.SHOULD BE TURNING OUT BOUT 5:30-6:00

Pen is winding down.

How many numbers have you given out Mr. Ken

MR.PHILPOT TOLD ME HE HAD OUT OVER 70 #'S

HOPE THIS CAN HELP YOU NIC

Yeah Brandon I appreciate it I'm gonna try to make it over there in the morning with yall

CAN YOU CALL ME TONIGHT AT 256-825-0126 (HOME)

MY CELL # IS 256-596-0046 JUST IN CASE YOU NEED TO CALL ME IN MORNING.

TRY TO CAST BETWEEN 5:30-6:00

CALL ME TONIGHT PLEASE!!!

Whos dogs are gonna be doing it come saturday?

I DON'T KNOW WHO IS WHO OR WHO ALL GOT #'S,BUT THE GATE IS GONNA NEED SOME HINGES.THERE HAS BEEN SOME SERIOUS RUNNING GOING ON.WE RAN SUN.MORNING & HAD GOOD RUNNING.THERE ARE GOING TO BE SOME FAST HOUNDS COMING THEY SAY.

THIS IS GONNA BE A HUNT TO REMEMBER.THIS PEN IS ONE THAT IS WIDE OPEN FAST RUNNING.IT WILL BE SOMETHING TO SEE.HERD THAT FRI.& SAT.MORNING THERE WERE SOME DOGS IN THERE THROWING ROCKS IN THE TREES WHEN THEY WERE CROSSING THE ROADS.

Who had them ??? Tell us before sat !!! Who has numbers ?

Just go ahead and pay your money and enter your dogs so you can see what ya got because if u place in top ten Saturday u got something that can roll! The scratching deal is gone be tough on dogs not your July dogs but your so called 3 day tough dogs. Half of those " tough" dogs won't make it

Dont see the point of scratching dogs in a 5hr hunt its not a 3day.

So u would b satisfied to b beat at a 5 hr hunt by a dog thst ran 3 hours and the piled up licking himself.Why dont we start scoring for babbling.The point is to pick the best hound wether its a 3 day or 5 hour.I want my money to leave there with the best dog no matter who it belongs to.

Well I`m new to field trialing but if I go to a speed and drive hunt and get out scored by a dog that runs three hours in a five hour hunt I get beat. Now if it came down to that I would probably be mad as heck. Now if the tables were turned and my dog pours it on everybody else and quits after three hours I would want his points to count and not get scratched. You may say that if your dog quits he deserves to be scratched but I bet if your dog had the most points at the end of a five hour hunt and only ran three hours you would want your dog to not be scratched. I`m kinda torn between what I think on this subject though to be honest. I want my dogs to really put in the hours but I want them to put them in running not just messing around. How many dogs can hold up five to eight hours really running as hard as they can. Like I said I`m new to field trialing, not new to dogs but to field trialing. I wish everyone the best of luck Saturday and may the best dog win.

I should have said Corys dogs. All I own is the feed. He does all the hunting I buy all the feed and feed them most of the time while he`s practicing football. I do hope we have five hours of running Saturday and I hope that if a dog gets scratched that it won`t have more points than the dog that wins the hunt. Good Luck, Jon

I KNOW IT'S A SCRATCH HUNT BEFORE I GO,BUT IF A DOG RUNS (3)hrs & QUITS & STILL HAS ENOUGH POINTS TO WIN,YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE IT HOME W/YOU IF YOU DON'T WANT TO,BECAUSE I WILL.

MY DOGS MAY BE THE ONES THAT GET SCRATCHED,BUT I'D HATE TO KNOW THAT I WAS HOPEN' SOMEBODY ELSES DOG WOULD GET SCRATCHED SO MINE COULD WIN.

EVERY BODY HAS THERE OWN OPINION & THAT'S ONLY FAIR & WE ALL KNOW THE RULES BEFORE WE GO.ONLY THING I HOPE FOR IS,IF THE RUNNING BREAKS DOWN & IS OVER 1hr& a half - 2hrs BEFORE THE 5hr mark,I HATE TO SEE SOME BODY GET SCRATCHED FOR THAT REASON.IF THERE IS RUNNING GOING ON,THAT'S A DIFFERENT STORY.

IT IS GOING TO BE SOMETHING TO WITNESS.

(MY OPINION ONLY)I THINK AT A SPEED & DRIVE HUNT,THE DOG THAT SCORES THE MOST POINTS SHOULD BE THE WINNER.

I DON'T KNOW WHO ALL HAS #'S.
I KNOW IT'S A FAST PEN & IF A DOG IS GOING TO RUN UP SOME SCORES IN THERE,THEY BETTER GET WITH IT,CAUSE THERE SUPPOSED TO BE SOME MOTHER HUMPERS AT THIS ONE.

I KNOW A FEW OF THE BOYS THAT ARE COMING & THEY HAVE SOME THAT CAN JACK IT BACK.THEY GOT SOME THAT CAN BREATH THE SAME AIR AS THE YOTE.I DON'T KNOW IF MINE CAN GET W/THEM OR NOT,BUT WE WILL FIND OUT SAT.

I agree, we gonna find out what we are all feeding come this saturday. We had some good running this past saturday but but this weekend is gonna put our hounds to the test. Good luck to all thats going.

I dont care if a dog scores 5000 points n 3 hours if he quits while theres still running hes a quiter. And if he was mine youd b welcome to him.Im not going to promote a quiter.

Well if mine got out run by a dog that ran 3 hours and laid down the remainder 2 hrs I'd kill the **** thing bc if he gets outran by a dog that has ran 3 hours of 5 hours and quits his ass needs killing

I do agree with u brandon on if the running breaks down and theres no running. I mean a dog that just comes up and flat throws out the anchor.I heard u liked my little 484 gyp that was there sunday morning.

SHE RAN GOOD CHAD.I THOUGHT SHE RAN HER GAME GOOD & HAD A LOT OF HUSTLE.SHE LOOKED REALLY GOOD.

ON MY OPINION OF A DOG,IS THAT IF IT LAYS DOWN,IT SHOULD GET SCRATCHED.
IF A HOUND COMES IN BECAUSE THE RUNNING IS OVER,I DON'T THINK IT SHOULD GET SCRATCHED NO MATTER WHO'S IT IS.IF A DOG DON'T HAVE NOTHING TO RUN & HAS BEEN HUNTING FOR 30 mins. TO AN HR,I THINK IT IS WRONG FOR A DOG TO GET SCRATCHED FOR THAT.IT'S ONLY COMMON SENSE.

I DON'T AGREE W/A DOG THAT IS HARD HEADED & STAYS OUT TRAILING AROUND NOT RUNNING NOTHING.I DON'T CALL THAT TOUGH,I CALLED THAT JUNK.I THINK A DOG SHOULD BE SCRATCHED FOR NOT PRODUCING A RACE.

THERE ARE GOING TO BE A LOT OF DOGS THAT GET WINDED BEFORE THIS ONE IS OVER.SOME OF THE ONES WE CALL TOUGH ARE GOING TO BE SOME OF THEM,I PROMISE YOU THAT.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERY BODY.HOPE WE HAVE 5 HRS OF WALL TO WALL RUNNING

I DON'T WANT TO BE OF THOSE ONE THAT ARE HOPING SOMEBODY ELSES DOGS GET SCRATCHED,MINE MAYBE ONE OF THOSE THAT GET SCRATCHED.

IF ANY BODY HAS A HOUND THAT RUNS 3-4 HRS & HAS ENOUGH POINTS TO WIN THIS HUNT & IT GETS SCRATCHED,LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO GET RID OF IT.I WILL TAKE IT.

I STILL WILL HATE TO GET BEAT BY A DOG THAT SPOTS ME 2HRS.THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I FEEL & DEEP DOWN EVERY BODY ELSE DOES.

HAHA!!!

First of all, im not hoping anyones dog gets scratched so mine can win.I do agree if there is no running a dog deserves the benefit of the doubt. But i sincerly do not think that one dog will dominate this hunt.Theres gona b a lot of good ones there.We should really b hoping the game holds up.

I say no scratching and if the dogs wins bc he ran 3 hrs and still had enough points to win the hut you better be shooting your dogs and starting over. Don't favor the tough 3 day hunters because this is a speed and drive hunt for speed dogs not boodlers and trail dogs.

Well folks I am going to back up a minute here. This is a 5 hour hunt. If your dog won`t run 5 hours don`t bring him. If your dog will only run 3 hours just enter 3 hour hunts. IF you want to breed 3 hour dogs I don`t have a problem with it because that is what you want to do. I don`t want to breed for 3 hours, I want my dogs to stay after it. I want my dogs to not only stay after it but to be driving the chase the whole time they`re running. If they lose the race or catch the game or whatever I want them to find something else to get after. I`m not saying I won`t keep a 3 hour dog, I reckon it will be up to the dog whether or not I`ll keep it. Happy hunting to all. Jon Lashley

CHAD,THAT'S WHAT I WAS REFERRING TO WAS THE GAME,I HATE FOR YOURS MINE OR ANY BODY ELSES DOGS GET SCRATCHED FOR THE GAME.I THINK A DOG SHOULD GET SCRATCHED IF THERE IS RUNNING GOING ON WEATHER IT'S MINE YOURS OR WHOM EVER.

I'D LIKE TO SAY THAT NOT MANY IF ANY WILL GET SCRATCHED AS LONG AS THERE IS RUNNING.MY ONLY CONCERN WHAT SO EVER,IS AS LONG AS THERE IS RUNNING.I HOPE MINE ARE IN SHAPE.I DON'T TRY TO FEED THREE DAY DOGS,CAUSE I DON'T THREE DAY.ALL I WANT IS MY DOGS TO DO IS SPEED & DRIVE.

DON'T WANT ONE HUNTING & TRAILING.MINE MAYBE ONE THAT GETS SCRATCHED,I HOPE NOT.IF THE RUNNING HOLDS UP,I'D LIKE TO THINK THEY WILL MAKE IT.BY THEN I WILL HAVE DONE ALL I CAN DO FOR THEM.

so what your saying is you dont think a dog that participates or wins a 3 day can win a one day speed and drive and your dogs can outrun any hound that has ever hunted,trailed placed or won a 3 day? really.jabbo they do make em that will stay hooked up for 5 hours,you have just never owned one. you should quit puter huntin and attend a 3 day so your eyelids can get blown off allowing you to see.

I DON'T HAVE THAT GOOD OF DOGS,SO I DON'T THINK I'M GOING TO BE OUTRUNNING ANYBODY.I DON'T THREE DAY SO I DON'T WORRY ABOUT ONE RUNNING FOR THREE DAYS & I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT ANYTHING EXCEPT THE GAME.ALL I CAN DO IS BRING WHAT I GOT & SEE WHAT HAPPENS.ONE THINGS FOR SURE,WE ARE COMING TO FIND OUT.

oh ok, i do see where you say you dont like your hounds to hunt or trail. does this mean you have to hunt with people that have hounds to jump the game or do you just ride around the pen until you see a yote and dump out?

I think ya'll will find out at the Sat.Every body that is there will find out.

Haha

I would like to see all those so called fast dogs match up to those three day dogs in a three day bet you would change your mind about a three day HOUND.

Feeding a three day dog is a waist of time and money. Who wants to spend three days at a hunt while the dogs is out there trailing. I got bring my deer track dog that's slow as molasses and win a 3 day. Speed and drive just hasn't got big here yet but after Saturday mavey it will then y'all 3 day hunts will know the difference between a 3 day dog and a speed and drive dog. And believe me come Saturday you better bring your partners shoulder to cry on.

Well i see this is getting out of hand, all the opinionated no namers are starting to chime in. Im a pleasure hunter 1st and formost and do enjoy attending an ocassional hunt.I was brought up hunting with old timers most that have past on now that loved nothing more than to build a fire pull up a chair and just listen to the hounds run.I think all the speed and drive versus hunting and trailing controversy is ruining hunting,its not about the fellowship its all about the money.
We can beat this to death for another day but i say we just agree to disagree.Everyone has thier own opinion on the subject. I hav read everyones take on itand have found common ground with some and some should just keep thier mouths shut.Its not your place to tell someone what to feed with thier hard earnd money no more than it is mine.It dont take but a second to find out who has a head on thier shoulders and whos just tryin to stir up crap.But im gona keep feeding my 3day dogs and hope every once in a while they can compete at a 1 day, but either way, win or lose they are mine and have a home.Nothing gives me as much pleasure than to listen to my little gyps run all night with those pretty little clear mouths of thiers.Brandon got to ru. witb em sunday,they not they fastest but they will make you stand up and listen.

CHAD,COULD YOU OR RUSTY GIVE ME A CALL?
256-595-0046
THANKS,BRANDON

HOPE WE HAVE 5hrs OF WALL TO WALL RUNNING SAT.MORNING

THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE FAST TOUGH HUNT.I SURE HATE TO SEE THIS PEN GO.KEN HAS HAD A OUTSTANDING PEN FOR A LONG TIME.ONE THINGS FOR SURE,THIS PEN WILL SHOW YOU WHAT YOUR FEEDING.GOOD LUCK .

GIVE ME A CALL PLEASE.HAVE A GOOD ONE

No one has said who is bringing the heat. Yall have been fussing about scratching dogs. I want to know who has the heat.

1 2