​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Arkansas State

I just read the add in the horn and it said run under NATIONAL RULES. I hope that was a mis print sure hate to see a hound ith hunting win in a pen with a coyote behind every bush

Re: Arkansas State

Well then come on up big boy, Bet u won't come get u some of it.

Yep, They have done a good job of stocking the pen. You see game running out of the woods all the time with no hounds even after them. You're right. How do you give hunting scores in a pen?? What a way to determine the state champ?

I'm glad that they purchased the pen, I guess, but I think they broke the state in doing so. They went out and "used" local hunting grounds when they had no money and now are doing their own thing.

Also, its not right that certain state board members run in the pen all the time and others are "expected" to pay and be on the same playing field?? I know this happens in all pens but doesn't seem right when you are looking at a state hunt to me??

Oh well, life isn't always fair! Don't know if I will attend or boycott the hunt, myself. Happy Hunting!

Dang....You guys aren't ever Happy!!

Complain about the RULES!!

Complain about the PEN!

Complain about the BOARD!

Complain about the JUDGES!

Complain about the RUNNING!

COMPLAIN.....COMPLAIN.....COMPLAIN!!!

Why don't ya just sell or give your hounds away, and get out out of it, if it is so unfair and all you can do is complain!!

And I'm from the East....so don't think it's a local fussing at ya!!

GEEZ.......GROW UP!!

ED

You are right ED go are stay home. THE END!

I don't care who runs there and I really don't care who wins as long as they out run me. I just hate to see a hunt decided by a d point hunting score

KEEP UP WITH THE NATIONAL RULES,THEY HAVE CHANGED IN PENS .YOU GET ENDURANCE SCORE WITHOUT HUNTING IN PENS.

MR. SHOCKED YOU SURE DONT KNOW THE RULES A HUNTING SCORE WILL NOT AND I REPEAT WILL NOT WIN YOU A HUNT IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE TOP TEN S&D AND THEN IT MAY NOT 99% OF THE TIME WITH THE NEW RULES THE S&D WINNER WINS ENDURANCE HUNTING HELPS BUT YOU GOTTA HAVE THE SPEED TO GO WITH IT THE NATIONAL RULES ARE GEARED MORE FOR THE SPEED NOW THAN THE MASTERS RULES THE MASTERS RULES ENDURANCE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE BY THE DIFFERENT PERCENTAGES WHERE THE NATIONALS ARE 25% EVERYDAY SO IF YOU GET BEAT BY A HUNTING SCORE YOU WERE NOT IN THE RUNNING ANYWAY

Mr broadway this is not a puppy hunt so beware !!! This is big boy style my man and you struggle here

THANKS!!!!

Good post Rodney!!

Think that's the biggest part of the problem with the whining, crying, & moaning, and cheating accusations!!

The one's doing it DO NOT KNOW THE RULES!! So then they think someone has to cheat to win!!

What ever happened to going to a field trial, and running hounds against good competition, but having a good time with all the folks that were competing. Now it's as if almost everyone is an adversary!

Folks need to look more closely at what they're feeding, cull accordingly, and bring something that's worth bringing to compete!! And STOP WHINING!!!

Ed

I don't have a clue about the new national rules. I have had the dates for the state circled for months and have my vacation lined up so that I can attend. However I left a national hunt a few years ago and I swore I would never go back. U could of added the speed and drive of 4 of the 5 top HGA hounds and they sstill would not have made the top 10 S/D. I love this pen and its in GREAT shape and I'm not complianing or whining. I just want to know if my dog runs good enough to finish toward the top of the S/D she will have a chance to place.

Absolutely.

MR CONCERNED IF YOU FINISH IN THE TOP OF THE S&D YOU WILL DEFINETLY GET YOUR NAMED CALLED OUT A DOG THAT WINS HUNTING AND LITTLE S&D WILL BE AROUND 7TH 0R 8TH WITH A 100 HGA POINTS AND THAT DONT WIN HUNTS HOPEFULLY YOU WILL WIN THE S&D AND WIND UP WITH A CHAMPION GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE NON BELIEVERS IN THE NATIONAL RULES

These rules, those rules, who cares.. I am coming to win either way!!

Don't pen hunt much, but after 3 days if you can't get in the top 10 to 15 in the speed and drive, you shouldn't be able to hga in the top ten. I don't care what kind of rules it's run under. The way pen running is and the amount of game they have in them, you got to be able to drive something for three days! Happy Running

As far as the board members that run all the time if you knew what it took to keep the game in shape, fed, and pen kept up you wouldn't mind it a bit. I always liked that pen and I am glad we have what we do now. No complaints here and we will be there for the State!