MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hunting dogs shot

Hunting dogs shot, killed

Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:00 am

By Jennifer Harris

The N.C. Wildlife Commission is investigating the shooting of five hunting dogs here over the weekend.

Lydia Neal Fowler, a member of the Neal Hunt Club, said that on Saturday morning members of her club were hunting deer in the Embro community and turned their dogs out sometime between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. The hunters were tracking their dogs, which were wearing track collars, when they realized something was wrong.

“We noticed the dogs weren’t moving,” Fowler said.

Hunters with her club walked onto adjacent property, leased by a different hunt club that Fowler said still hunts, and found their hunting dogs had been shot and killed. Four dogs were found dead, and a fifth dog was “full of buck shot,” Fowler said. Its owner took the dog to a veterinarian for medical treatment.

The Wildlife Commission was contacted, and Master Wildlife Enforcement Officer Richard Creech went to the property to investigate. On Monday, Creech said the matter is still under investigation and could not comment further.

Fowler said she couldn’t believe anyone would shoot someone else’s dogs.

“We’ve been hunting with dogs in this county for years and years. We’re not going to tolerate them killing our dogs. It was terrible,” she said.

Re: Hunting dogs shot

this has to be the commissions fault,about as dumb as you can get having dog and still hunt season at the same time,like pouring gas on a fire grow up people.

That my friend is totally beside the point. Both are hunters. In my opinion they ought to outlaw bow seasons. You don't see dog hunters killing other peoples dogs.

I would have waited right at the dogs till live 5 news and the rest got there. And when it was all said and done in the courts whoever did it would never be able to carry a gun again by law....and away from court wouldnt dare carry a gun again if they still lived in the same county as I did.

They must of had piles of dog feed like they do corn because we know them slow witted SOB's can't kill anything running.

THERE SHOULD & NEEDS TO BE SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.IT HAPPENS IN EVERY STATE.I DON'T KNOW EXACTLY HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE,SOMETHING SHOULD BE TO SATISFY EVERY HUNTER,WHETHER IT BE TO SEPERATE EACH HUNTING SEASON.

1)THEY ALREADY GET BOW SEASON THAT WE DON'T GET.

2)THEY ALREADY GET MUZZLE LOAD SEASON THAT WE DON'T GET.

3)THEY GET THE BEST TIME OF RUTTING SEASON THAT WE DON'T GET.

I PERSONALLY DON'T THINK THAT STILL HUNTERS SHOULD GET THERE SEASON CUT SHORT BECAUSE OF WHAT WE DO.
BUT I DON'T THINK THEY SHOULD EVEN GET A CHANCE TO EVEN FILE A COMPLAINT PERIOD UNLESS THEY SINGLE HANDEDLY CATCH YOU TURNING OUT ON SOMEBODIES LAND THAT YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED FOR.I THINK THAT OUR GAME & FISHERIES DEPT.COULD COME UP W/A SOLUTION IF THEY WANTED TO.THING IS,THEY JUST DON'T CARE.

SPEAKING FOR MYSELF,IF THEY EVER CUT OUT DEER HUNTING W/DOGS,I WILL NEVER NEED A HUNTING LISCENSE.I UNDERSTAND & SEE HOW PEOPLE ENJOY STILL HUNTING,BUT I JUST MAINLY HUNT TO HEAR DOGS & FELLOWSHIP.

THAT'S MY TWO CENTS & I WISH YOU GUYS GOOD LUCK & HOPE THEY DO THE RIGHT THING & GET YOU JUSTICE.

Never heard of a still hunter using buckshot to hunt anything but dogs rifle bullet can be match to rifle it was fired in buckshot can't

These will never be caught! Done their homework cannot trace buckshot!!The reason Wildlife and Fisheries will not do anything is big money likes to still hunt; just like your vice president nominee ryan all he does is still hunt ! ASo go vote for him and see if he helps dog hunters!!!

its got to be better than one who dont hunt at all and trying to take gun rights away dumb*** !

Ryan hasn't even got in yet and your trying to blame him. What's the matter did you get ashamed to blame Bush this time. Pathetic.