​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
North Georgia 3 day

The ad says Judges scores and scratches will be posted. But I understand the Chase will not honor a champion if this happens. Does anyone know for sure which choice is going to be made?

Re: North Georgia 3 day

The chase needs to get their head outta their ACE....there's nothing wrong with posting all scores and scratches with the names.......unless of coarse your hiding something!!!

Matt, how many 3 day hunts have you judged or mastered.

We are going to run the hunt as the add is printed. When we had asked The Chase if It was ok they had no problem with it. Since they have come out at the National and said you can not post the scores and scratches. The Chase Has not contact us in anyway shape or form. So until they do the hunt will be run as printed. If they don't wont to recognize the champion and did not contact before hand we plan to protest The Chase!I don't see any problem with posting we have over 400 number given out, and are expecting a very large turn out hope to see you there. If you have any other questions you can call Bobby Wilson or myself Billy Clark our phone numbers are in the book with the add.

Tim, what difference does that make? I'll answer that, NONE, to the topic at hand. There should be no problem with posting that info if your not worried about what you scored or scratched. Field trialing is and has moved in a different more up to date direction than where the chase seems to be stuck! Especially on certain issues.

I knew the answer. Matt it's to keep someone from getting hurt or killed.99% of the time no one was cheated.Think about the land owner if someone gets hurt or killed.Insurance and lawyer cost,equals no pen to hunt in.All because some poor sport wanted to start bs after getting his a-- kicked.

Tim, if you think that's the real reason then, oh well. Maybe they'll give you a trailing score in a pen full of game too!!

Matt,did you vote for Obama?[BLAME BUSH MATT,BLAME BUSH MATT]iT'S CALLED HGA FOR A REASON.

No, but I know you did. This man started out talking about posting scores and scratches and you've ended up on HGA. That's a typical national guy. Worried about some hunting and trailing in a pen full of game. I'M DONE ON THIS ONE!! I SAY POST IT ALL WITH NAMES. UNLESS YOUR HIDING SOMETHING!!

And they wonder why the Horn and the Masters have so much support

alright guys we all know (or believe) there are judges and such that will "help out" their buddy, brother, kennel partner, fellow pen member ect. now if you are in the minority of hunters whom this does not happen for it can really upset you. could that be the reason for lower numbers at hunts? remember the days of 600-700 hounds at the major hunts. please don't say the economy, look at the big z71's and king ranches that show up at the hunts and more guys have more hounds more kennels registered than ever.i sais all that for this: lets say "bill" doesn't like "frank", frank knows this and so does everyone else, and lets say "bill" judges alot and runs the computer sometimes, if "frank" travels from home paints his hounds PAYS HIS ENTRY FEE and lodges in that town, you don't think "frank" has the right to know if "frank" scratches his hound. now this is not to get "bill" hurt or killed but hopefully the it will show maybe "bill" shouldn't be a judge or computer runner or whatever. if you are a straight judge and yes there are alot of them out there then why not post scores and scratches? just sayin.

THANK GOODNESS FOR THE MASTERS

How in the World did the National ever let themselves get in this shape.

Wake Up

dont know

now i was told by someone that attended the national meeting and judged it and many hunts that the National said the Chase doesn't make the rules for the National and there for doesnt have the authority to give nor deny a hunt from posting scores. Just because the chase says in its write up of the hunt that the champion of the hunts was xyz doesnt mean that the national will recognize it as a champion if they fill their rules are being broke. Just my two cents. Not trying to add fuel to fire or anything just simply giving my thougths.

I will also paste what I typed on speeddogs below:

My opinion, for whatever it may be worth, in reading the original post it seems that it is up to the board of directors if they want to or do not want to share hunt information with anyone after a complaint has been made about a hunt, but I believe the complaint is suppose to be made to the national, if the hunt is nationally affiliated. I don't see where a complaint should be made to the leaderboard being that they are not the governing body of the national or the masters. They are just an intity that awards HOY SOY DOY KOY, etc... I dont feel that the national should make the rules for national hunts and those guidelines be abided by and the Masters should make the rules for the master affiliated hunts and those rules be abided by and if a complaint arises then it should be sent to the head of the national or the head of the masters by the board of directors of a particular hunt. I judge several hunts, and usually know just about everyone there in one way or the other, and yes I am going to go around and speak and be friendly because that is what the sport is all about. I could care less if they posted a camera on my forehead and recorded every crossing or publicly annonced every score or scratch i make. I judge what I see and if it isnt what the association wants then dont ask me back. I think a lot of the controversy is people not realizing that this is foxhunting, a sport for fun. This is not a muli million dollar business that gives the head of any committee formed or a member to any committee formed power over people. If being a member or head of some of the boards and committees that have developed over the past few years garnish that much power then seems like people need to start being voted into these positions by the fox hunting community as a whole, since it obvioulsy affects everyone who enters a hunt. I dont care one way or the other about posting score sheets unless it is going to run judges off, because they are hard to come by now of days, but I also do not want to run in a hunt, them post scores and then the hound that wins not get its championship because scores were posted. I think we just all need to quit bickering. I can remember when I was growing up and going to fox hunts when I was younger that all of the confusion and controversy was not there. There has been a change in the foxhunting world in the past few years, not sure what it is, but this wind of change is blowing seperation among hunters and in essence killing our sport.

God Bless and good luck to everyone!!!!

I heard that Bobby Smith and the Edenfield are bring the heat to this hunt.I going to clap for them your friend Marvin.

Bobby, in reading your post I agree with most of it. The part I don't though is this. You are absolutely correct about the Masters and the National making their own rules I will never think of arguing that. The part that I disagree with is this: If you want to play the leaderboard game then you have to follow the leaderboard rules. It has nothing to do with Champions and things like this, it is just a game, but this game has to have rules.
Friends of mine on the Nat'l side have explained it like this to me. The Nat'l said they could not post scores, but they could turn the info over to the leaderboard after the hunt if there was a complaint. That is all the leaderboard is asking for. I could be wrong ,but this is what I understood.
The pressure to post the scores is coming from the hunters, not the leaderboard.
I think one day they will fix their Rules to let the Hunts post their scores, at lease I hope they do, but until then, everything between the Chase and National is cool with the leaderboard. If there is a problem it will be that the assoc. does not want to turn the info over if there is a complaint. If this occurs, the hunt will not count in the Leaderboard standings.

Happy Thanksgiving

Mr Marvin....Snow Flake is going to kick natural born tail....you got this one wrapped up!

Mr. Steve appreciate the reply and of course if the association wants to turn the info over to the leaderboard then they should do so, but the leaderboard is just the leaderboard. It isnt a governing body nor does it have authority in any hunts. To my knowledge the leaderboard isnt mentioned in the rule book for the national, not sure about the masters. If there is going to be a committee that decides if fowl play has happened in a hunt then it should be a committee elected by the fox hunting community at large. The vote shouldnt be conducted at a special meeting where people have to drive hours to make the meeting and it shouldnt be done at specific hunt. Ballots should be mailed out to members of the national for a national committee and members of the masters for the masters committee and they should decide if there is fowl play. I dont feel that the leaderboard should be able to be judge and jury on any issue, for that matter I dont think any one intity should be judge and jury for anything. I also think people should be limited to their terms on all committees. I respect your thoughts and opinion and look up to you as a hunter and man that I have watched over the years.

God bless & thanks for the discussion

I hope Steve addresses your response.

This is basically what we've been trying to say..... The Leaderboard is not the sheriffs department.

The only thing we are judge and jury on is the Leaderboard....not if a judge is bad , or a hunt was wrong, or whatever. There are Masters and National committees for all that. We are judge and jury if they followed the rules of the Leaderboard.

We DO hear many , many , many complaints....and we forward them up the line.

There was a meeting in Nashville of Horn, Chase , National and Masters people and I think there is a joint committee from both "sides" to review issues.

How many hounds there? No matter what rules are used a good dog will win. So who is the picks?

Hank posting scores eliminate alot of the problems

225. Dogs. Wall to wall running

Worked fine at the hunts I've been to where they did.