​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Roll Tide

Told you the water would be a lil choppy!

Re: Roll Tide

Its a 60 minute game.

Nope, wouldn't surprise me if they don't pull it out ah la LSU! Told you last week that if lsu's anemic offense took them to the final minutes a&m would cause them much problems! Bama wins they will have beat two above average teams this year! Maybe they win n hold on to number one and we get to see them and Oregon go at it for all the marbles. Don't think they will have much trouble with Georgia or the sec east champ.

Alabama pads their wins by scheduling teams like Florida Atlantic, Western Kentucky and Western Carolina. I heard a rumor they play Alaska College for the Blind next year.

The blister will burst and start to callous over about Wednesday. I hope that the bcs recognizes that the sec champ deserves to be in the national championship game, LSU nor bama or as strong as they have been in the past but are still better than 99% of the other teams in the nation.

Roll Tide Roll! Not!!!!!!

We told you boys

They may be better than 99% of the other teams but not all of them. Oregon, Notre Dame and Kansas State are undefeated. I don't see two of those teams losing.

None of them play in the sec Brooke! Oregon has been the best non sec team for the past few years. Their record against the sec top tier teams says it all.

And no SEC teams played Oregon yet. Nor have any SEC teams beat ND or K State.

Undefeated is undefeated.

Alabama and LSU both have very good teams but they both have lost games. That's the bottom line.

You forgot Louisville! I'm sure since their undefeated they should be in national championship too! C'mon with the undefeated argument! The analyst say teams have to pass the eye test, some need to pass the smell test as well. Oregon, kstate and Notre dame are all excellent teams, but they would just be another Saturday night in the sec.

Louisville got stomped by Syracuse! Let Oregon play a Alabama, LSU, or Texas A&M it won't be pretty. If these teams had a soft of a schedule as the mighty ducks their second string could go undefeated!

Funny how the SEC is bragging on Texas A&M all of the sudden. They won the Big 12 once in the conference's history, 1999. They have been a perrenial 7-5 to 9-3 team in the Big 12. Now all the sudden they play LSU within 5, Florida within 3 and beat The mighty Alabama Crimson Tide and folks want to sing their praises. I think the SEC fans are seeing that the SEC is a bunch of good teams, not great teams.

Analyst
Louisville got stomped by Syracuse! Let Oregon play a Alabama, LSU, or Texas A&M it won't be pretty. If these teams had a soft of a schedule as the mighty ducks their second string could go undefeated!

Texas A&M didn't get a good defense overnight. They made stops on Bama's offense when they knew what was coming. BAma was predictable on all 3rd and shorts. IF Texas A&M played Oregon they'd get embarrassed and crap the sheets. Alabama and LSU would play them well and probably beat them, but don't throw A&M in that mix just because they beat Bama.

Analyst

Notre Dame had the toughest schedule out those teams. If Alabama played that schedule they might be 7-3. They need to quit scheduling teams like Western Kentucky, Western Carolina and Florida Atlantic. LSU played Towson, where the heck is Towson? Why would a team that wants to win play those teams?

Yes the Ducks have an easy schedule but Kansas State and Notre Dame play harder schedules than any SEC team. So it seems that Kansas State and Notre Dame should be 1 and 2. No one could argue that.

Towson, North Texas, whoever, whatever, whenever! Schedules have been irrelevant. When the final game has been played the past 5 years or so the sec has been the champions, enough said! Look at the teams that have played a team at sometime during season ranked in top 5 and argue strength of schedule.

LSU has played Auburn,Florida,South Carolina,Texas A&M,Alabama,Miss St., and still got Ole Miss & Arkansas. Who else had a schedule this tough? Oregon had to play USC(wow)!!!

Strength of schedule has both Notre Dame and Kansas State having harder schedules. And they are undefeated. I'm not saying that the SEC isn't skilled and deep. Just that the national champion won't come from that conference this year. The top 5 teams in the SEC are very skilled and will likely be in the top 25 for years to come.

If you look up strength of schedule Alabama was rated 19th I believe (could have been 16th but in that neighborhood) and LSU's was slightly harder.

Notre Dame has played 3 ranked teams & Kansas St. has played 2 ranked teams, they deserve to be where they at. Not arguing that, just don't think Oregon should be where they are. If they wanna be at the top they should strengthen their schedule & prove themselves.

Analyst
Notre Dame has played 3 ranked teams & Kansas St. has played 2 ranked teams, they deserve to be where they at. Not arguing that, just don't think Oregon should be where they are. If they wanna be at the top they should strengthen their schedule & prove themselves.

Totally agree with you there!

They got beat by Auburn last time this happened, didn't they?

What I love about college ball is that anything can and often does happen. And that fans are so passionate about their teams. I love the fall with all the hunting and football, my favorite time of year.

who has n.d. played that been rank in top ten. they just got by pitt. and stanford. these two team should have won, with both missing field goals to close out the game. i am not convince n. d. is a top five team. usc will be coming soon and could bring them trouble. i give them credit for winning some real close games. kansas state has got texas which has played better the past few weeks. i think the ducks are in without they slip up with usc. to dave bonner, i have to think texas a and m are better this year due to outstanding play by the young quarterback. i was surprise that bama did not run the ball in on the last drive. lsu is looking better on offense the past two weeks. hope they can win out.

Analyst
LSU has played Auburn,Florida,South Carolina,Texas A&M,Alabama,Miss St., and still got Ole Miss & Arkansas. Who else had a schedule this tough? Oregon had to play USC(wow)!!!

Auburn is a whopping 2-8 with an overtime win over ULM. Florida is a good team that struggled with UL-lafayette, Bowling Green and Missouri. South Carolina is a good team and struggled with VAnderbilt and Tennessee, and got smoked by Florida. Texas A&M wouldn't finish top 3 in the Big 12 this year. Alabama has shown to be suspect against teams with an offensive heartbeat (LSU found a groove in their passing game). Miss State has faced 3 ranked teams and is 0-3 against them. Ole Miss sucks and Arkansas is a lame duck as well. You listed 3 good teams and a bunch of wannabes. Quit smoking that stuff that the Honey Badger has been selling and pay attention to what is going on instead of what Verne Lundquist and the rest of the media is telling you.

Right now the only real football teams in the SEC is LSU, Alabama and Georgia. Florida, South Carolina and TExas a&M have shown they can compete, but not consistantly.

Notre Dame has the #1 defense in the NCAA. They had the #6 toughest schedule in NCAA as well. They had a let down after the Oklahoma game or they would be #2 right now. They aren't flashy but no one can run or score on them. Manti Teo is far and away the best player in college football today. Collin Klein will win the Heisman though.

I AM FOR SURE NOT A BAMA FAN,BUT ALABAMA IS W/OUT A DOUT THE BEST COMPLETE TEAM.I AGREE THAT LSU IS REALLY GOOD ALSO,BUT THEY GOT FIND AWAY TO LOSE THE CLOSE ONE LES MYLES.THE ALABAMA GAME WAS NOT HIS FIRST TIME BLOWING A GAME.HE DOES A GOOD JOB GETTING RECRUITS,BUT HE IS NOT THE BEST GAME COACH BY FAR.ALABAMA LOST & IF THOSE OTHER TEAMS DON'T LOOSE,THEN ALABAMA SHOULD NOT PLAY IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.ALABAMA HAS HAD AN OFF WEEK & JUST GOT BEAT BY PRETTY GOOD TEAM,NOW THEY DON'T DESERVE TO WIN IT ALL.

ANOTHER THING ON THE HEISMAN DEAL,NO DOUT MANTI TEO IS AN OUT STANDING PLAYER,BUT IF KLEIN KEEPS HIS PACE,HE SHOULD WIN IT.IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME,IT'S THE PLAYER THAT MEANS THE MOST TO IT'S TEAM.

A BAYLER PLAYER WON LAST YEAR & THEY DID NOT HAVE NEAR THE TEAM AS K'STATE OR NOTRE DAME.

NOW THERE ARE 3 TEAMS LEFT,IF THEY GO UNDERFEATED,WHICH TWO SHOULD PLAY,BY MY UNDER STANDING,NOTRE DAME WILL BE THE 3RD WHEEL

Brandon, I think you are right. Notre Dame will be out if all 3 undefeated teams win out. Nov 24th will be a crazy weekend. Notre Dame plays their biggest Rival in USC, Kansas State plays Texas and Oregon plays Oregon State.

Will someone crumble under the pressure?

As far as the Heisman goes, I thought Geno Smith would be a lock after his first 5 games. Notre Dame wouldn't be undefeated without Teo. And Kansas State would be no where without Klein. All of those guys are so much fun to watch. That's what college ball is all about.

Whoever thinks Texas A&M is the same team that they were in the Big 12 is smoking the same stuff the Honey Badger and Jordan Jefferson had over here! Lol. That is the most talented young QB I have seen in a very long time. Notre Dame is a good football team that will make you beat them. They are solid. Oregon can't play with a tough SEC team. They have proved that. Everybody talks about the records and close games in the SEC. There are some terrible teams in it this year. (Auburn! Lol) But when you play that many really good, maybe not great, but really good teams back to back to back, you are gonna have those games that you barely squeeze by. LSU doesn't deserve to be in the National Championship picture because of the sloppiness early season, granted they are a different team now, but that's irrelevant. Alabama has showed weakness in their defense the last 2 games. I haven't watched K State enough to know much but I'm sure they are another team that will make you beat them. We will see at the end of the conference championship games, but I will say this, I don't think anybody would "like" to play Texas A&M right now. That QB is impressive and they are not the same team they were 3 weeks ago. Much less last year in the Big 12. 5 national championships in a row, and still non believers! Let us finish beating each other up then throw us a Notre Dame or a K State or Oregon AGAIN! Lol. Never know which Les Miles and LSU will show up, but we ain't scared of em.

Texas A&M didn't become a great program overnight just because they joined the SEC. Less than a month ago Louisiana Tech hung 57 on them and was a 2pt play away from overtime. The 2 teams that beat them shut them down in the second half after making adjustments. It was the first game of the season for Texas A&M figured out to keep Manziel in the pocket. LSU watched a bit of film and did the same. Maybe Saban thought it was alright to let him run around. However the teams that beat the Aggies kept him in the pocket and made Johnny football use his arm. It payed off.

I agree with you JoJo about him being talented, but he is a runner first. He uses his legs first to set up the pass. Will Muschamp and John Chavis saw that quickly.

They are the same Aggies, just a new Conference USA coach with a poor defense.

should say......It was the first game of the season for Texas A&M and Florida figured out to keep Manziel in the pocket.

I agree that they weren't made great from joining the SEC. I honestly thought they would get embarrassed their first year in the SEC. We played them in a bowl game a couple years ago and embarrassed them. Anytime you can have a dual threat QB that keeps a defense honest, you've got something. The new coach and new QB and new offensive setup in my opinion will just get better. And some may disagree, but he will be able to recruit a stronger defense in the SEC. I think they are gonna be a great team as long as Johnny Menziel stays healthy. There is a lot of talent in other conferences, but there is 5 SEC teams in the top ten BCS standings for a reason. But that doesn't matter as long as two of the top 3 teams stay undefeated, then an SEC team doesn't deserve to play in the Championship game. I would rather see Notre Dame and K State go undefeated than I would see Oregon, but I'm pulling for loses from 2 of em! Lol. I would like to see Notre Dame play Alabama, just because they have almost the same style games, but I can only cross my fingers and hope! Lol.

david bonner, is there any running at mansfield pen. need to know if we could run there if need be.

Call Tim Foehner at (936)598-7570

I can tell you this. ND, KSU, or Oregon don't want to face anybody from the SEC. Brooke you say nobody can run or score on ND. Put them up against someone from the SEC and see what happens. I'm an LSU fan. But I would love to see Bama vs ND in the NC game just to show you how good you say this all mighty fighting Irish team is. The only thing they gonna be fighting is themselves trying to get back on the bus after the butt whipping that Bama would give them. Stop looking at stats and watch the games.

Cole
I can tell you this. ND, KSU, or Oregon don't want to face anybody from the SEC. Brooke you say nobody can run or score on ND. Put them up against someone from the SEC and see what happens. I'm an LSU fan. But I would love to see Bama vs ND in the NC game just to show you how good you say this all mighty fighting Irish team is. The only thing they gonna be fighting is themselves trying to get back on the bus after the butt whipping that Bama would give them. Stop looking at stats and watch the games.

That's what Oklahoma said too, how did that work out for them? They got slapped around all over the field and were embarrassed on home soil. Seems you need to watch some games too.

I'm not sure but where did I mention anything about Oklahoma. I said a SEC team. Oklahoma is about on the same level as ND, Oregon, and KSU. They are all over rated. Just like USC was when they had them at #1 when the season started. You can't honestly think that ND can play with an Alabama or an LSU.

Oklahoma fans thought they could beat ND easily and got slapped around pretty bad. Sounds a lot like what you are saying. But like Oklahoma, Alabama was overrated.

The fact of the matter is that ND and Kansas State are undefeated with harder schedules. You are entitled to your opinion. Just remember that it is just as valid to ask if Alabama or LSU could play with ND or Kansas State. If you want to be national champs you have to win those games. Alabama couldn't handle Manziel, how would they ever handle Klein?

Those are just facts.

I agree on 1 thing. Everybody has the right to their opinions. The thing I keep trying to figure out is how ND and K State have harder scedules than LSU? I agree that Alabama didn't have to play a couple of the really good SEC teams this year, but LSU has played 4 teams in the top ten BCS rankings. The SEC has 6 teams in the top ten BCS rankings. Oklahoma isn't a great team. ND is a very good team, as is K State, but if strength of schedule has them playing a tougher schedule than LSU, then they need to work on that process to determine strength of schedules. We could argue this all day, but the only way to determine a true championship will be when they start the playoff system. Until then, it's simply who can win out their regular season games. I would really enjoy seeing ND play LSU to see if the defense can stop the depth of running backs with the addition of a decent QB finally. I would like to see them stop Lacy from Alabama at that. I watched him run the ball live at the LSU game and he is hard to stop. I just don't see where their defense has really gotten gut checked yet by a powerful running attack. I may be wrong, but I would love to find out.

All games considered maybe they can claim strength of schedule, all those top 50 teams they play. Where have any of them played a team that was ranked in top 5 the day of game? They haven't! You play the sec schedule and you need Towson, north Texas and some other breathers.

Well I tell u what there Brooke. Since u such a ND fan. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. I will take whatever SEC team they play and put 5000 on them heads up.

DON'T TAKE AUBURN COLE.HAHA!!!

Cole I hope you enjoy that SEC kool-aid!!! the SEC isn't known for offenses, that is why those defenses look so great. Look what Alabama done agains the last two teams that showed somewhat of an offensive pulse. Those 'piggies' you like to 'root' for sure looked good against that SunBelt team from Monroe, La.

1 game doesn't make Mettenberger a good QB. You keep bragging about LSU's schedule. They played a bunch of overrated teams. The SEC is 2-3 really good teams(LSU, Bama, Georgia), 3 good teams(SC,aTm, Florida) and a bunch of overrated trash (VAndy, Tenn, Ole Miss, MSU, Kentucky, Ark, Auburn, Mizzou). LSU has played Bama, aTm, Florida, SC and a bunch of overrated teams. Gotta hand it to them for Scheduling Towsen, Idaho, Washington and North Texas though to give them a little breathing room.

BRANDON PRITCHARD (TRIPLE P KENNELS)
DON'T TAKE AUBURN COLE.HAHA!!!

Auburn, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mizzou, Vanderbilt, SC, aTm, Ole Miss, MSU, Florida and Arkansas could not beat Notre Dame.

Georgia would struggle and probabl lose to them.

Alabama and LSU would be good games and could go either way right now.

Keep telling yourself that the SEC is over rated. What ever helps you sleep at night. When the play off system kicks in its going to get nasty. End of story.

Ha, I sleep just fine whether a SEC team wins the title or not. I just hate teams that hang their hats on or ride the coattails of other teams success. Bama and LSU are the cream of the SEC and everybody knows they are. Every other team in the SEC cannot compete with them year in year out. Georgia is a good team, but they aren't great. That's why they beat the rest of the SEC and fold when the meed Bama or LSU. Auburn bought one national title. Florida had TEbow and nothing since.

LSU and BAma are the SEC. All the others are just there.

Bonner I have to agree with your last post LSU & BAMA are the two best teams in the SEC every year. It's hard for the other schools to match up talent wise because of all the top prospects all over the south want to come to these 2 schools, The great Hershel Walker even said this a while back on a sports show that it hard for everybody else in the conference to compete in recruiting because they can come in your back yard & get all your states top prospects. As far of the 3 undefeated teams left I think K-State the best over all of the 3, Oregon was a beast on offense last year & we all know what happen when they played LSU last year it was a blowout, & we were not really a good team on offense compared to this year which is lil better. So I think they would get handled the same way if they played us or Bama. As far as ND they had probably one of the there best offense's with Brady Quinn a few yrs back & lot hype guess what LSU beat them 41 -3 in the sugar bowl. Only thing thats kept them in game this year is Defense what I seen offense isn't that good. I think K-State with Klien at QB would give LSU & Bama the most problems but still beleive either one could still beat them. But I will be glad to see how the playoff system plays out next year & see who really is the best

We will take it one game at a time.
We will go to the bowl game they send us to and play hard and smart.

I've been reading all the different post it seems there are a lot of opinions on who is who in college football I found it very interesting that someone could say the SEC is over rated opinions are just opinions but facts are facts. for years the SEC was under rated last few years just started getting their recognition. not a big LSU fan but they had alot to do with putting the SEC in the spotlight. look at the last few years bowl games and tell me the SEC is not where its at I need a good laugh. low ranked SEC teams destroyed opponents ranked higher than them. cannot recall the win percentage for the SEC bowl games last year can someone remind me thanks. GO SEC !!!

no matter who they face

Florida LSU GEORIGA ALABAMA SC MSU
most will win their game
what other confrence can say that