MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Help needed about 3day hunts

No it want hurt them and it' s not hard on them. If there in shape

No---- you have no hound sense,yes a tough dog will do this but they can not be competitive.a tired or sore dog will run but not as well.

well kenny i dont guess u never had a good hound. And when i deer hunted we hunted six day a week and they were never tried and john B i have no hound sence well i got a gyp that i put in a 8hr then put her in a three day hunt and got 2nd in the three day hunt and i was just asking what yall think about it so get a good hound and try it so get a load of that

hunter deer hunting is nothing like running in a pen. Pens are alot harder on a dog. i tried to field trail my deer dog that was some good dogs in the deer woods but in a pen they were a piece of crap. there is a deference from pen dogs and deer dogs but u can find a few great dogs that can do it all

but getting to u needing help about 3day hunts a great tough dog can do it like that but if u want to make it last a few years give them a brake between hunts a 8 hour hunt is ruff on the dogs feet,joints,and there guts and running them back to back u will end up hurting it

i had a young dog that was turning out to be a **** great dog and put her in a 3 day at 14 months old and busted her guts she didnt make it home

if u want to talk to me about it call me 352 339 5422

If I read right on the grapevine hunt they got posted a boy won a 8 hour with a 9 month pup so he got a good that didnt bust her up