​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pamplico....Before....and After

I had the pleasure of going there twice in my life and will always remember those trips as long as I live. The first time I went there was in August of 2006, with my friend Mathew Johnson, and we won BOS with Cheryl Janney B. And placed Reese Cup B., 5th HGA and had a wonderful time.

The next time was with my brother Big Kyle, in Dec. of 2008, to the Eastern Carolina hunt, we cast with 638 hounds, and Big Kyle asked me on Thursday morning "Jon D. what in the world have we got into"?
When the dust settled on Saturday we won the hunting class and placed 4th HGA with True Grit Ziploc B. which was a fine hellums bred hound, out of Ziploc Hellums ex Dottie Hellums.

When I was there in August of 2006 it was HOT and when I was there in Dec. 2008 it was COLD, but we had a wonderful time both times.

Mr. Charles Graham was a true gentlemen and first class fellow fox hunter. He always took care of us poor Alabama boys and made us feel welcome 450 miles away from home.

Now, when I see the above pictures it makes me sick at my stomach. Such a wonderful place to gather with fox hunters and fellowship from time to time. I really hate this has happened but things are always changing and hardly ever for the betterment of fox hunters.

Good huntin,
True Grit,
Jonathan Blakeley

Been a many of fine hounds got there picture took in front of dat old building
SAD SAD

True Grit -

I took the top picture at the last hunt at the pen - the Eastern Carolina this past new years , when OTB's Coot... the hound of the year, won the hunt.

I also liked the 2008 Eastern you were at...lol...I won the S&D in the derby with a little gyp called Slingshot.

judged there couple years both times on james ardis rd,powerful running in a great pen and a super bunch of folks,sad thing for it to be taken away.

What happen did it close down

Yep....the owner of the property showed them who was REALLY in charge !! It's a shame but it's done.

THE OWNERS ARROGANT SON IN LAW

being leased this year to still hunters