​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
old running w pen livistion tx

Ronnie we use to run together at Running w pen when porky landua had it.owner Mr. Williams liviniston tex I dont think i spelled it right. until he closed it up and turned it into nuddy club,I didnt think i would make a good nuddy fox hunter,besides my wife wouldnt let me go. But the RUNNING W was a good pen while it was open. I ask RODNEY SwIFT what happened to it..he is being transfered to houston,good feller to hunt with.I moved back to GA. running at new pen in butler ga..mr. stilwel is fixing up ED BACONS PEN. Ronald Tallman

Re: old running w pen livistion tx

Buddy,
Me and my dad, Donnie McCoy, used to frequent the Running W back in the day in Huntsville, TX. We attended one of our first field trials there. It was either the July National for SW July hunt, can't remember for sure. I know alot of the old famous July men were there such as Mr. Horton, that had his Ch. Horton's Yellow Buck there, Harold Colvin, Ernie Hambric, and many more that have slipped my mind. It had to be one of the finest pens, especially the terrain, that i've seen in the country. Us TX folks sure wish it was still around. I remember running with you there, as well as, running with you in Anacoco. Don't be too hard on our buddy Rodney, he's finally in the right state now!!!

one of the best pens

We will long remember the running w one of the best we will ever run in.Porkey L.was always agreat guy to run with an run the pen.ther were a great bunch of guys that ran in that pen Glen Duff,Joe Corley,I can't remember all the hunters except the ones you mentioned,I moved back to Ga after plant closed what happened to that pen?. Rodney we will miss him hope he gets every thing moved so he can go back to fox hunting,good dedicated July man.