​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Help Sick Dog

Thanks for the help. I started her on penicillin and liquid vitamins. I'll up date on her in a few days. But she did eat this morning. So that's a plus.

Not to long ago I had one doing the same thing and took him too the vet and it was kidney failure

Adam did the dog ever pull out of it? Mine is looking and acting better. Not drinking near the amount of water and is eating good again. Thanks

Jason if your hound is eating good and drinking water without throwing it back up its not kidney failure. One tell tale sign of kidney failure is a dogs breath will have a fairly powerful ammonia smell to it like cat ***** If the dog is eating it's gums are pink and the bottom of its eye lids are pink the hound should be fine

Eventually the vet put him down but he would get better for a couple weeks then start back dring 4 gallons of water a day he did that for a couple months before I took him to the vet and if you like the dog I would take him asap the vet told me any time a dog drinks a lot of water just being in the pen it's always kidney related

Thanks for all the info. The hound seems to be back to normal for now. Thanks again.