​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Specialty Feeds World Cup/Hunters Horn Breeders Cup

Does the Breeder's Cup drop back to the regular 2 day derby grade now ?

Under current leaderboard rules yes

Hank, how would you feel if Corporate and Franchise hunts that run a derby upgrade to grade 3? Or have franchise derby hunts? Maybe leaderboard will look at it

I can see both sides of it.

If you can buy up the grade of Any hunt (derby/all age)...then all will have to buy up to keep up in the points game....If they're interested.

The higher grade and higher entry fee hunts were designed to try and draw the best to certain events.... If you can stay local and still get the upgraded points , for a lesser entry fee - well.....

No way do I see any 2 day derby counting as much as a 3 day all age ....and I prefer derby hunts all day long...lol.

I understand trying to increase the entries, and better use of limited judges by letting them look at more dogs at a single event and cutting down on their trips per year.

Will u be able to run a derby dog in both hunts ? And get points for both hunts?

I don't think so.

This hunt sounds very interesting. Something new different. Good news is if you dont have any qualified for WC you can come run breeders cup and be part of the crowd.

One Question on Breeders Cup - will it be any derby dog or dogs born after Jan 1st 2015?

Thanks
Lenny

Jan 1st same as BC been. Now the can only be 23 months instead of 26 months

I would like to see you be able to run in both hunts at the same time. Would have to pay both entry fees to be eligible