Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Urinating in corners and by doors

Please help my cross pursian, Pursia is urinating either by the front or back door or in corners of the house, she has even taken to urinating on clothes if there left on the floor. I bought Pursia and Shaddow together over 4 years ago but this problem started last year when i went away on holiday and has continued off and on since when it suits her, she even does it in front of me.I used to have lodgers which really caused a problem i have since found a partner and he has two children which with mine make three, two boys and a girl, they love the cats.

Re: Urinating in corners and by doors

Our cat does this too Lyn, I was given all kinds of reasons or excuses for this behaviour. I was told she was marking her territory, possibly didn't like her kitty litter,(we were using clumping at the time), or her box needed changing more often. She has slowed down a bit, but we are still occasionally surprised to put on a soaked shoe left on the boot tray inside the door. We have started picking up everything laying around on the floor. Also my husband has tried putting cayenne pepper on her favourite spots, this also seems to help. We were also told that if you have two cats, to make sure you have two litter boxes. Hope some of these hints help.