Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
feline Cystis

Hi I have a male cat (7 years old). 2 weeks ago we took him to the vet as he had a urinary blockage.At that time I spent $7oo as it was a after hours night call at 1am.
Three days ago he had another blockage.I decided at that time that I would have his bladder flushed again. Another $600.
Cam (our cat) has been on science diet previous to this condition but after this instance he has been moved to Royal Canin urinary ph SO 30. I was told that he will likely block again as he has a small urethra that continues to spasm. I have spent another $600.
The vet has informed me that the last resort if he becomes blocked again is to have a perineal urethrostomy.Do you know how much this would cost? Is their anything else I can do as I fear that I may be facing this soon?
He is a beautiful animal and I need help. I should also mention that their have been no changes in the home. Cam lives with 3 other cats..so I couldnt say that the cause is stress? Please help...