Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: 70 days pregnant and no sign of labour

Dear Jenny,

Thank you for your question regarding your persian's extended pregnancy. It has been my experience that every queen, every pregnancy , every labour is different. I have had successful litters from new mothers where the kittens were born at 55 days and some as late as 75 days. Although such early or late deliveries are uncommon they are still within a normal range.

Although I prefer to trust my own instincts with each queen I would always listen to my vet. Your queen may not have conceived as early as you may have anticipated which may allow for the inconsistancy in the delivery date. If your vet does not appear concerned, trust mother nature. Please let us know when your queen has delivered her kittens as our readers will be anxious to know the outcome in your cattery.

I am always grateful when a new mother has a small litter such as your little girl is carrying. It makes life much easier for the Mum and for the breeder as large litters can be overwhelming. Please contact us if you need any additional information.

Best wishes for the blessed event,

Always,

Jasmine,

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

HELP! My cat is 70 days pregnant today. She saw the vet yesterday who did an ultrasound and said there were 2 live kittens but no sign of vulval pouting or any other signs of nesting. She is lethargic and a little off her food but otherwise is well and happy. She is a colourpoint persian and this is her first litter. The owner of the stud I took her to insists that she should have a caesarean this weekend, the vet says to wait until tomorrow, 71 days. How long can I safely leave this pregnancy to continue?