Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Biting and slapping

You claim you really love your cat, so you want to show it by murdering him? Come on. Think about it. Your cat has been alone all day and bored. When you come home, he just wants a little attention. I know because my cat does this too. She willl begin to bite the brush for two reasons: first, shes bored and wants to play, second, she seems to enjoys biting at her fur in the brush. While biting the brush, she sometimes gets a slap at me, so to fix it, I play with her by letting her chase a string or mouse to get her aggression out. After that shes fine and lovable. So my suggestion to you is stop blaming your cat and actually play with it once in awhile, instead of trying to kill it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have a 2 yr old male neutered cat who I brought in as a stray. Sometimes he attacks me for no reason and grabs me with his claws and bites. Our routine is this: When I come home from work,I open the door of the laundry room and let him in the house and give him a huh and pet him and put him down to play and he is very happy,rubbing against my leg and stuff. He loves to be brushed with the broom and goes over it and meows and rolls over and loves it. Then I put his canned food in his bowl and put it on top of the washer for him to eat. He has dry food and water and clean litter boxes in the laundry room,which is real big with 2 nice windows with shelves for him to lie on and toys in there

Ok,when he is finished roaming arounds the house,he jumps on the dryer and stretches out for me to brush him there. So,I brush him really nice and gently. Sometimes,I try to guide his head to his food,so maybe he will eat and I can fix my own dinner,etc and he slaps me---or sometimes,he starts getting slappy when I am brushing him and a little tense and his eyes look a little mean--so,I take that as a signal to stop brushing. When I set the brush down,he slaps me and when I turn to walk out of the room,he lunges at me like he wants me to stay. He gets mad when I stop brushing him,but seems like he is getting tired of being brushed at the same time. He claws and bites hard and draws blood when he attacks. My vet said it is a behavior problem and I should put him back outside. I am considering getting him put to sleep. Truthfully,I am afraid of him cause he has attacked my legs,too--sometimes real hard and other times real gentle. Is there anything I can do? I LOVE him with my whole heart. Thanks

Re: Re: Biting and slapping

WHO IS KILLING WHO?????? I have had to have stitches because of his attacks!!!!!! yes,i LOVE HIM DEARLY,BUT EVEN THE VET SAYS THERE IS A SHORT CIRCUIT IN HIS BRAIN OR SOMETHING THAT CAUSES HIM TO SNAP AND HE CAN'T HELP IT. hE FLIES INTO A VICIOUS RAGE,NOT PLAYFUL SLAPS AT THE BRUSH.

I have hi on a natural flower remedy now and he is calmer. I know he is alone and I am very happy to see him when I come home and he is all purrs and happiness,too,then gets this really strange look in his eyes and snaps. I have had cats for over 30 yrs asd I used to be a breeder of Persians and himalyans and Scottish Folds,so,I know this is not nortmal cat behavior. He bites me so hard and you can see him straining to bite harder and harder sometimes and some nights I have blood dripping from my wrist and legs. Don't tell me I am murdering an innocent cat!!!!!!!I am doing everything in my power to keep himand make him happy

Replying to:

You claim you really love your cat, so you want to show it by murdering him? Come on. Think about it. Your cat has been alone all day and bored. When you come home, he just wants a little attention. I know because my cat does this too. She willl begin to bite the brush for two reasons: first, shes bored and wants to play, second, she seems to enjoys biting at her fur in the brush. While biting the brush, she sometimes gets a slap at me, so to fix it, I play with her by letting her chase a string or mouse to get her aggression out. After that shes fine and lovable. So my suggestion to you is stop blaming your cat and actually play with it once in awhile, instead of trying to kill it.

Replying to:

I have a 2 yr old male neutered cat who I brought in as a stray. Sometimes he attacks me for no reason and grabs me with his claws and bites. Our routine is this: When I come home from work,I open the door of the laundry room and let him in the house and give him a huh and pet him and put him down to play and he is very happy,rubbing against my leg and stuff. He loves to be brushed with the broom and goes over it and meows and rolls over and loves it. Then I put his canned food in his bowl and put it on top of the washer for him to eat. He has dry food and water and clean litter boxes in the laundry room,which is real big with 2 nice windows with shelves for him to lie on and toys in there

Ok,when he is finished roaming arounds the house,he jumps on the dryer and stretches out for me to brush him there. So,I brush him really nice and gently. Sometimes,I try to guide his head to his food,so maybe he will eat and I can fix my own dinner,etc and he slaps me---or sometimes,he starts getting slappy when I am brushing him and a little tense and his eyes look a little mean--so,I take that as a signal to stop brushing. When I set the brush down,he slaps me and when I turn to walk out of the room,he lunges at me like he wants me to stay. He gets mad when I stop brushing him,but seems like he is getting tired of being brushed at the same time. He claws and bites hard and draws blood when he attacks. My vet said it is a behavior problem and I should put him back outside. I am considering getting him put to sleep. Truthfully,I am afraid of him cause he has attacked my legs,too--sometimes real hard and other times real gentle. Is there anything I can do? I LOVE him with my whole heart. Thanks