Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: can we all get along?

Hi Alison,

I think in addition to an entry on the Feline Forum which would take a lot of time (But I will do it for the benefit of other members) I want to speak to you in person regarding this matter.

I am sure you have access to my telephone number. Please page me and I will return your call at work or home and we can discuss this situation. If I don't hear from you I will call you at work within 24 hours. I want to make sure when I contact you that you are free to speak without any pressure.

Please don't worry. You are a very unique and special woman, something can be worked out. I want to discuss Sophie's personality with you and together we'll come up with a workable solution. I am posting this tonight as I want you to know I do care.

Always,

Jasmine,

Feline Behavior Consultant

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Jasmine, remember me? you've spoken to me on the phone at my work a few times. Anyhoo I have a dilemma that i hope you can help me with. Remember the story I told you about how I once rescued 4 kittens who were thrown in a ditch & how my lovely cat Sophie took a liking to them & treated them as her own? Well it's happened again only this time we've got the mother of the kittens too. I've aquired 'Kitty' (mother cat) & her 4 beautiful babies who were homeless & needed a place to stay. In fact 3 of the babies were born in my car enroute to our house (there's a story here, I'll elaborate sometime) Anyway, my problem is this. So far, thanks to a big house with an empty bsmt, we have been able to keep Kitty & family secluded & away rom Sophie so there will be no conflict. We do plan on keeping 2 of the kittens & have found homes for the other 2 and the plan was that Kitty, once spayed, will return to her owner someday in the near future. Now Sophie seems to be aware that there are new smells in the house & she doesn't like it one bit. She growls & hisses & pretty much stays outside more than usual. I have not yet introduced her to the kittens we are keeping as I do not want to upset Kitty with Sophie's smell. I also feel bad that Kitty & babies are away from us most of the time as they are always in the bsmt. My son & I go down there as much as possible to play with them,sometimes spending whole evenings laughing while they leap & play around us.

Now getting to my original question..... I have become quite attached to Kitty & am considering keeping her for longer than originally planned if not forever. How can I get Kitty & Sophie introduced? Sophie is 9 yrs old & has always ruled the roost around here. Kitty is only 1 yr old & a new mother. Sophie is an inside/outside cat & so was Kitty before I brought her here, I would like to start letting her out again eventually as I see her looking dreamily out the bsmt window.

So this is my dilemma. Any ideas? I would be grateful for any suggestions you may have.

Thanks jasmine!

- alison (ps ..i didn't do a spell check so hope all is legible