Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cat peeing in house

Dear Donna,

I have a very special kitty I love very much. Her name is Moki and she is about 5 years old. Moki is to my best guess a brown patched tabby. She has tabby markings of circles and she has orange and a creme color splashed in to the regular dark tabby. She has a white chest and 4 almost white paws and a white chin area. She is spayed and has never had kittens. She has had her shots. She did have fleas but recently I got her on Advantage.

My daughter Lisa who works at the gym told me to write to you about our problem. Moki is peeing in the house. She likes to do it at the top and bottom of the basement stairs and on packsacks and computer hardrives and stereos that are at ground level. She also pees on a bookcase just outside my bedroom which is where she sleeps alot.

It seemed to start around last spring, although I think I remember a very brief episode before. Our neighbours large male orange tabby took to sitting outside our back door day and night. At any chance he could he would run in and chase Moki. They moved away about a year ago. Last spring our other neighbours got new male kitten. I caught him in our house once. It seems that the peeing startyed around this time last spring.

We have a small basement window I leave open during the day so Moki can go in and out. I don't like to leave her in the house all day with no way of escape in case there is a fire. But this also allows other cats to some in and I wonder if this is the problem.

The vet said she has a very small amount of crystals so I put her on a new food to lower ph. The vet said maybe Moki doesn't like being alone all day. I rejected this answer because I don't feel Moki is unhappy. She is very spunky and watches birds all day.I never get mad at her because I love her so much but my son has got angry after she peed on his computer, his stereo and his shoes. She has also peed on my daughters knapsack when it was on the floor and also on our students knapsack.

I think it is happening less lately but today I did small a faint odour. I have been cleaning up with an enzyme product.

Lisa and I would appreciate any advice you have for us and our beloved special kitty.