Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HELP!!!MY CATS WON'T BREED!!!

I'm trying to breed my moody Bombay,Diesel,with my silent Tabby,Rajah...I left them in an enclosed space and all they did was lick themselves!!! What do I do?!?!?

Re: HELP!!!MY CATS WON'T BREED!!!

Hello, I had the same problem. I have two maine coons, and when they were both 1 year I put them together to let them breed. You have to wait for her to go into heat, first off...which shouldn't take long. Then when they try to breed, you have to wait for them to get it right. My cats have been trying to breed since June, and my kittens are finally due within the next week. If it isn't the male's first time, then you shouldn't have to wait as long. Basically, just leave them together at all times and wait. Mine took about 5 months to get it right, but the next time I breed them it should go much smoother as my male now knows how it's done.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm trying to breed my moody Bombay,Diesel,with my silent Tabby,Rajah...I left them in an enclosed space and all they did was lick themselves!!! What do I do?!?!?

Hi! A first time male might take a while to get it right. Females (that are kept inside) will come into heat often. Usually, this is apparent. They roll around on the floor, become very affectionate, and usually are vocal. Most of mine do this, but I have one that you would just never know she is in heat. I leave her with the male when I want her bred. The others only go in with the male when I know they are in heat and I can monitor the time they were bred. This is very important to make sure you are ready for the kittens.

Good luck and keep us up to date.

Gary

Magnoliachat Cattery

Replying to:

Hello. How old are your cats? Are they between one and two years old?

Replying to: