Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No Subject

I acquired "Ashes" when he was abt 5 weeks old in 1995. He is a wonderful, beautiful cat and since I am elderly and alone he is my companion. I believe he is a long haired tabby that looks similar to a Maine Coon Cat. He weighs about 15 pounds and he resists most medications. He is having quite a bit of trouble with hair balls lately and nothing seems to help. Sometimes he cries out right before he reguritates. I have tried diet and I do groom him almost daily. He demands a lot of attention. More so lately.

I wonder if you could tell me what it means when he nudges me repeatedly with his head. I am considering getting a playmate for him but I am not sure if I should do it.

Ashes--Sorry

I meant to list my information but goofed..thanks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I acquired "Ashes" when he was abt 5 weeks old in 1995. He is a wonderful, beautiful cat and since I am elderly and alone he is my companion. I believe he is a long haired tabby that looks similar to a Maine Coon Cat. He weighs about 15 pounds and he resists most medications. He is having quite a bit of trouble with hair balls lately and nothing seems to help. Sometimes he cries out right before he reguritates. I have tried diet and I do groom him almost daily. He demands a lot of attention. More so lately.

I wonder if you could tell me what it means when he nudges me repeatedly with his head. I am considering getting a playmate for him but I am not sure if I should do it.

Re: Ashes

We are in Spring right now and many cats are actively cleaning themselves and suffering the consequences of fur balls. You have indicated that you have tried diet. Was the diet prescribed by your vet? Many companies selling cat food products in grocery/pet food stores for fur ball remedies are not always adequate for each feline's digestive tract. I would strongly recommend that you seek a vet's advice regarding a food product that will relieve your cat's problem.

When your cat nudges you please be advised that this is the highest form of feline affection. Your cat is indicating that you are a part of his chosen family and you are held in the highest esteem. Cats are also known to mark their territory which involves the full body being rubbed along their owner's leg or a piece of furniture. This has a totally different meaning as they are simply marking their territory so any other felines will know a cat is presently in residence. However when a cat uses their head to touch you it is meant with love and affection. Ashes simply wants you to know that you are the most important person in his life.

If you feel that Ashes would be able to adapt to the presence of a kitten your relationship with him would be forever altered. However, you would have the pleasure of watching the interaction of Ashes bonding with his baby after the initial period of adjustment. This is however an important decision. Should you wish additional information regarding the right sex and personality of kitten to choose would you kindly contact our Feline Forum and I will be most pleased to assist.

Sincere best wishes,

Jasmine,

Feline Behavior Consultant

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thank you

Jasmine,

Thank you so very much I will definately follow your advice.

Your answer gave me warm feelings. Thanks again