Jasmine's Feline Message Forum

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder Following Jasmine's Confessions of a Cat Breeder

We've acquired a great following!

Cat and Kitten Stories

Welcome to Jasmine's Feline Forum

Please feel free to air your kitty problems, ask a question,
or just write about the love you share
with your special feline friend.

Feel free to add your own comments on questions
to help out where you can.

Please note that questions and answers may become part
of our feature articles or stories.

Jasmine's Feline Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Russian Blue Breeders

Hello,

My name is Jordan Blankenship and I have owned Russian Blues for twelve years now. I have always had my cats fixed to control population but I have decided that I would like to breed them. My love affair began with Byron, a very savvy and intelligent cat that I found as a baby. When he passed away from cancer, I was pretty devastated. He was like my child. I could only operate a small cattery and have begun to design it. After doing extensive reading on the breed, I have decided to look for someone who may want to mentor me. I know that I will need advice and I would like to purchase my queen from this person after they feel comfortable with my knowledge. I only want one because I feel that each cat must be able to have complete attention growing up. I am not really in it for profit because I know that having one queen and breeding her responsibly (retiring her after two litters or so)can actually cost the breeder. That is okay with me; I love this breed and want to perpetuate it in a way that is healthy for the cats. If anyone is interested in helping me, please let me know. And I would also love to share my pictures of the cat who won my heart...he was one beautiful big guy, who will be missed by me more than words can ever say.

Thanks,

Jordan Blankenship

Re: Russian Blue Breeders

Dear Jordan,

You will be a wonderful breeder. Cats thrive and breed well in a loving environment.

Please read carefully through our website. We are not only a membership but also provide information on the benefits and disadvantages of purchasing a purebed cat from a breeder. You must be extremely careful if you are fortunate to find a mentor. However I don't advise using a mentor from the cattery where you have purchased your feline.

If we can assist please contact our Administration e-mail.

I believve your kittens will be raised by a thoughtful and caring breeder. Welcome to the wonderful world of cat breeding.

Sincerely,

Jasmine Kinnear

Feline Behavior Consultant

Confessions of a Cat Breeder

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello,

My name is Jordan Blankenship and I have owned Russian Blues for twelve years now. I have always had my cats fixed to control population but I have decided that I would like to breed them. My love affair began with Byron, a very savvy and intelligent cat that I found as a baby. When he passed away from cancer, I was pretty devastated. He was like my child. I could only operate a small cattery and have begun to design it. After doing extensive reading on the breed, I have decided to look for someone who may want to mentor me. I know that I will need advice and I would like to purchase my queen from this person after they feel comfortable with my knowledge. I only want one because I feel that each cat must be able to have complete attention growing up. I am not really in it for profit because I know that having one queen and breeding her responsibly (retiring her after two litters or so)can actually cost the breeder. That is okay with me; I love this breed and want to perpetuate it in a way that is healthy for the cats. If anyone is interested in helping me, please let me know. And I would also love to share my pictures of the cat who won my heart...he was one beautiful big guy, who will be missed by me more than words can ever say.

Thanks,

Jordan Blankenship